PDA

View Full Version : Sony dismisses IGN's PSP2 rumors, disses IGN

wraggster
January 27th, 2009, 18:35
Wow, not only did Sony take the time to deny an IGN rumor about the PSP2, but the company took the opportunity to flat out insult the site. IGN recently cited "several credible sources" in a report on Sony's next handheld, allegedly featuring a touch screen, Bluetooth support, hard drive and GPS. MCV then spoke to Sony about the rumor -- that's when the sparks flew.

"Clearly, being a quiet time of year, many, what we thought to be credible websites, are making up stories about PSP2, and how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses," Sony explained. "Hopefully, you can sense a mild tone of sarcasm, which should hopefully indicate how 'on the money' IGN are. Needless to say, we don't comment on rumour or speculation, but this is nonsense."

We don't know who to feel embarrassed for right now, but it's certainly going to be awkward if IGN is right.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/27/sony-dismisses-igns-psp2-rumors-disses-ign/

alanparker05
January 27th, 2009, 20:56
All seems like reverse psychology to me, Sony sources secretly tell ign, Sony completely denies everything, we all start talking about Psp2 and Sony gets free advertising

Triv1um
January 27th, 2009, 21:45
Everyone acts like Sony is a conspiracy. Chill out.

alanparker05
January 27th, 2009, 22:01
All the major manufacturers know they can't just rely on normal advertising anymore, they use viral advertising to get free adverts, it's fair enough if ign is wrong but there's no conspiricy about the way business works now

Buddy4point0
January 28th, 2009, 00:06
Low blow sony.
IGN is cool, you're not.

Also, everybody knows that you deny stuff and then publish it recently after.

Ultima Chocochu
January 28th, 2009, 01:43
Haha, IGN = owned
One reason as to why I never look at their site for reviews or anything is, they report false stuff quite often it seems, and claims it as fact, not rumor as far as I can tell.

And yeah, I stick by this because IGN has said a lot of stuff as fact when it was totally a rumor, such as Home release dates, they did it more than once.
And seriously, everyone acts like Sony is trying to cover up every little tiny thing, why in God's name would they go "HOLY GOD NO!!! Someone is advertising our new Portable system on sites!? DAMN THEM TO HELL!!!"

Sony has denied stuff before that happened, but I've not seen a denial like the one up there from them before XD
Also what are the reliable sources? Just curious?
If this is right, I'll be surprised but I'm very doubtful it's true.

MAIN POINT HERE
PSP with Touch-screen = Failure
And I don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever, being on a PSP

Nookadum
January 28th, 2009, 08:58
IGN's always been full of shit. I know they own some pretty historic sites (Planet Quake, Gamespy Networks, etc.), but their whole marque is full of stupidity.

...how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses...

Best display of sarcasm I've seen from a company in years.

No_one_in_particular
January 29th, 2009, 00:58
All seems like reverse psychology to me, Sony sources secretly tell ign, Sony completely denies everything, we all start talking about Psp2 and Sony gets free advertising
Oh, give over - that reasoning is so nonsensical it's absurd. They need to start conspiracies now to advertise something? Here's an idea Sony: post photographs on your website of the PSP2 - every major technology-based media output will run it. It is a PSP2 after all.

All the major manufacturers know they can't just rely on normal advertising anymore, they use viral advertising to get free adverts, it's fair enough if ign is wrong but there's no conspiricy about the way business works now.
Why exactly can't they rely on normal advertising now? Oh it's common knowledge everyone uses complex conspiracies to advertise their product now? Forgive me, I must have missed that - I've just finished watching a near 5 minute advert break...

kharaboudjan
January 29th, 2009, 11:57
if sony says there wont be that kind of psp2 it wont happen? whats wrong with ign and you guys?

i agree with Triv1um. chill out! :P