PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x GX 009 - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

wraggster
January 28th, 2009, 19:32
A Super Nintendo (http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/) emulator based on Snes9x, ported to the Wii and GameCube. The code is a continuation of Softdev and Crunchy2's efforts, and uses libogc and devkitppc.

Features
Based on Snes9x 1.51 - superior ROM compatibility
Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
SNES Superscope, Mouse, Justifier support
Cheat support
Auto Load/Save Game Snapshots and SRAM
Custom controller configurations
SD, USB, DVD, SMB, GC Memory Card, Zip, and 7z support
Autodetect PAL/NTSC
16:9 widescreen support
Open Source!

[What's New 009 - January 27, 2009]
* Faster SD/USB - new read-ahead cache
* Removed trigger of back to menu for Classic Controller right joystick
* Fixed a bug with reading files < 2048 bytes
* Fixed some memory leaks, buffer overflows, etc
* Code cleanup, other general bugfixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hendrix
January 28th, 2009, 22:34
Just tried it and among the few compatibility fixes that I noticed the sound in Squaresoft games is fixed. THANK YOU! FF6, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore can be played again. This is what I've been waiting for ever since I installed the homebrew channel on my wii. Thank you so much!

edit: The speed boost of the sd card was noticed as well. That was awesome too! :)

Rixus
January 29th, 2009, 04:00
Hendrix may I ask what sounds your referring to? Chrono Trigger's screen jumps when you first enter a battle and on Mario RPG mallow's Heal Rain sounds...very wrong. I love this emu though, so don't think I'm bashing it :) I was just curious.

Love it! :)

kingslime80
January 29th, 2009, 05:20
* Removed trigger of back to menu for Classic Controller right joystick

Sooo... What's the button combo to do it now?

Rixus
January 29th, 2009, 15:40
..you press the home button...on the classic controller..

hendrix
January 30th, 2009, 17:20
I don't remember exactly what was wrong with Chrono Trigger and FF6 before (was something though), but with Secret of Evermore the sound effects wouldn't end properly and you would be left with this awful sounding static after most of the sfx. Secret of Mana also had the music messed up somehow that was very irritating, but it's been a few months since I tried these games out with an emulator. The sound seemed fixed now at first glance though >_>

kingslime80
January 30th, 2009, 17:56
..you press the home button...on the classic controller..

Thanks, I just needed to be sure before trying it.

Savino
February 1st, 2009, 18:19
I can load my roms on this emu... someone knows why? It says "7zip error" or "unable to read file"!
I tried some roms from various websites, and of course the pack that I downloaded, but nothing seems to work. If someone can help, I will appreciate.

PS: My genesis emu and NES emu works fine!

Rixus
February 2nd, 2009, 06:17
I don't believe this emulator plays 7zip files...only zip files...

Stormbringer
February 14th, 2009, 18:33
probably a dumb question but do the roms have to be wii ones or can I use the roms I have for the pc emulartor??

Thanks for the hard work guys.

grossaffe
February 19th, 2009, 21:35
probably a dumb question but do the roms have to be wii ones or can I use the roms I have for the pc emulartor??

Thanks for the hard work guys.

Regular ROMs that you use for PC emulators

Now I have a problem:
apparently the Wii writes a settings.xml file or something for the SNES9x, right? well if I try to run SNES9x while that created settings file exists, it crashes and goes to the console with a channel exception. If I take out my SD card, delete the settings file, and pop it back in, I can run SNES9x. So is there a way I can make the settings file not crash the system? if not, is there a way to prevent the wii from writing one?

edit: it seems the error may reside somewhere else. After I load one rom, I can't go back and load another... wait a second, is that a known bug? seems vaguely familiar.

zerotrip666
February 21st, 2009, 23:25
ok tried it out eveerthings cool all the roms play works with usb and all the controls but i can NOT get two (2nd)player control to work

magicmaker
March 15th, 2009, 21:34
I have a classic controller connected to my wiimote and I can't get the classic remote to do anything with any SNES game.

Any suggestions?

djdynamite123
March 15th, 2009, 21:49
I have a classic controller connected to my wiimote and I can't get the classic remote to do anything with any SNES game.

Any suggestions?
change your controller settings.

pulproute
March 16th, 2009, 14:57
ok tried it out eveerthings cool all the roms play works with usb and all the controls but i can NOT get two (2nd)player control to work

You probably didn't sync your second wiimote to your wii. The wiimote that come with the console is alrady sync, but each other that you buy must be sync in order to works like a charm. Take a look at this:
Sync a wiimote (http://wii.nintendo-europe.com/55.html)

Then, just hitting the A button will get the second wiimote to work, let me know if it works

Any suggestions?

Try to unplug the classic controller and then replug it, I have an older version of this emulator and I need to do that in order to make it work