PDA

View Full Version : Want to get in on the coding action?

Kaiser
February 3rd, 2006, 01:21
Yeldarb has released a new compliment to his PSP Programming Tutorials (www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/). Along with the C Programming Language tutorials that he has been working on, he has now added a Lua tutorial series as well. The first two lessons (www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/lua/lesson01.htm and www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/lua/lesson02.htm) have been published. They are based off of whitehawk’s old Lua tutorials, but have been completely rewritten and revamped. The first lesson runs you through creating your first script. The second goes more in depth into programming structures and covers everything from displaying images, to playing sound, to taking user input. They are geared towards beginning programmers and are written at a level that should be comprehendible to all. With the new 2.60 EBOOT Loader, this should be a valuable resource for 2.60 users looking to make their entrance onto the scene.

That was written by Yeldarb by the way. He told us just to ignore the third person. I know for fact his tutorials are good though. I myself have been reading them for the last few weeks and with the constant updates he has been putting into these there is no reason for you to not check them out at least.

Sterist
February 3rd, 2006, 04:39
ive been looking forward to programming for the psp, but the problem is that id be starting from scratch with "programming" period

does the guide go this far? lol

idapimp
February 3rd, 2006, 06:35
i have to say that if you start from lesson one then yes it helps. definately check it out.

cronnos
February 3rd, 2006, 10:38
I don't know anything about programing... My skills go as far as actually putting the homebrew on the PSP. The tutorial is very useful and easy to understand, even for someone like me, so congratulations to the author, and I hope you keep it up. So this teaches you very simple language, but what is next? How to actually make a simple game?

Mr.Modem
February 3rd, 2006, 15:30
Anyone that wants to be able to do some real homebrew stuff should first learn C programming before starting to make apps for the PSP. There are tons of great tutorials on the net. http://www.cprogramming.com/ is a good place too start.