PDA

View Full Version : Jilted Bob's Game creator fights back by littering

wraggster
February 1st, 2009, 20:30
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/02/gam_bobsgamerampage_50.jpg

If you somehow managed to watch the video we've posted after the jump without reading this wall of text, you may be befuddled as to why we've posted a video of The Cure frontman Robert Smith gleefully vandalizing the Nintendo World store in NYC. Little do you know that the combat-booted troublemaker featured in the video is none other than Bob Pelloni, the jilted sole creator of Bob's Game, whom Nintendo is still refusing to sell a software development kit to. Gee, we can't imagine why.

Pelloni's assault on Nintendo World took place on "Stage 50" of his 100-day sit-in protest (the rules of which can apparently be bent to allow for a brief littering excursion). He and his accomplices plastered the store's walls in Bob's Game posters, covered the floor with business cards, and filled store shelves with mock-up game cases. Given this latest desperate attention grab, and the fact that his once-humble development blog currently shows Pelloni consorting with aliens, we're guessing he's exchanged his game development ambitions for fleeting e-lebrity status. What a shame.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/01/jilted-bobs-game-creator-fights-back-by-littering/

Flygon
February 1st, 2009, 21:10
Seriously. This sort of thing does not spread attention, it just makes you look stupider.

ChaoticanarchyX
February 1st, 2009, 23:16
why doesnt he just say screw it and get a dev kit from the underground? I see his point in wanting to get it out there into gen pop, but really doesnt he see that big N is all about the greens....

spinal_cord
February 2nd, 2009, 00:31
Nintendo will never go anywhere near him now, not after all this. If he doesn't release it to the homebrew community nobody will ever get a chance to play it.

juiceface
February 2nd, 2009, 01:06
does nintendo not want to make money? not like they need to, but hell they should just give the guy a dev kit and licence the game and make money.

Sure the guy is an attention whore, but I don't understand nintendo's logic. The Big N has nothing to lose, and i can think of 1000 games that look a lot crappier than this one.

mcdougall57
February 2nd, 2009, 01:31
Have him arrested, that would make a funny story too.

bluelloydpugh
February 2nd, 2009, 01:36
The guy seems quite unbearable. Every time I hear about him now its pulling some silly little stunt like this. It infuriates me and the more he does the less time i got for him.

Is this all just a Hoax or something?
I've seen the videos of the game, but i can't believe that an actual thinking human being can act the way he does.

Jeric
February 2nd, 2009, 07:28
Sadly now we'll never see this game, and I'd wanted to have a playthrough.

JushinLiger
February 2nd, 2009, 12:35
I hope Nintendo security roughed the little buggers up.

Also:

i can't believe that an actual thinking human being can act the way he does.

LoL

Lastron
February 2nd, 2009, 17:18
does nintendo not want to make money? not like they need to, but hell they should just give the guy a dev kit and licence the game and make money.

Sure the guy is an attention whore, but I don't understand nintendo's logic. The Big N has nothing to lose, and i can think of 1000 games that look a lot crappier than this one.

Originaly they probably thought the production costs would be greater than the sales profit... Now its worse. Hes on the tip of being considered a possibly dangerous criminal, i mean what next?!? Aparently last time police raided his house after he faked his own death!!! I mean nintendo's rep would shatter if they worked with him. i mean this is crazy, i mean how will annoying nintendo make it more likely for his game to be published, also with that personality, what the hell would the game be like?!? I meannintendo probably didnt accept it to start with FOR A REASON. If he does release it then it wont be fun anyway, i mean youd know the whole time that a type of person like bob had made it! That wouldnt sell well. Nintendo will not and therefore should not EVER THINK of accepting this game.

carlitx
February 2nd, 2009, 18:25
Bob has lost my support.....

LDAsh
February 2nd, 2009, 19:33
Yeah, sadly me too, I really felt for this guy at first, but more and more I read and realised the problem with his attitude and how he wants to go about it. The guy should have taken the opportunities he had before, instead of trying to milk the "I am THE Bob!" thing over and over.

geise69
February 2nd, 2009, 23:05
Why doesn't he just develop it for an open source system? Why the hell does it have to be Nintendo? If the game was "good" he could charge for it. Maybe it's him who is all about the money and not nintendo.

gumgod
February 4th, 2009, 13:24
Originaly they probably thought the production costs would be greater than the sales profit... Now its worse. Hes on the tip of being considered a possibly dangerous criminal, i mean what next?!? Aparently last time police raided his house after he faked his own death!!!

Faked his own death?! I missed that one! :rofl: This guy is just stupid obviously. I understand he wants to do things "the right way" but if his game sucks and Nintendo doesn't want it then then he should make his game not suck and then propose it to someone else. He's being a big ass and the only place it's going to get him is in jail, or at least enough fines that he's poor for the rest of his life. People have a right to protest but that does not mean vandalize.

User Name
February 4th, 2009, 15:22
Well I can't blame him for his attitude the USA is helping so much in self fish behaviors I can't blame him. All it is now is Gimme gimme gimme you know the stuff we like those little trinkets we buy that say made in china I looked up on Dealextreme found it for 2 dollars less then what they were selling it for here and shipping was free! Honestly he needs to stop whining and either get someone else to publish it. Or move on and get a life.

Jeric
February 5th, 2009, 01:47
Develop for the pandora, or wiz, or hell even develop for windows. Lok at dwarf fortress or cave story. Both are indie games that don't use omfg PWETTY graphics, and they have a huge following.