PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex Releases LEDA - Legacy Software Loader beta 0.1 - Load v1.0/1.5 Homebrew

wraggster
February 2nd, 2009, 23:23
LEDA (http://dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8942&p=67057#p67057) is a program that integrates into M33 custom firmwares to let some old 1.00/1.50 homebrew to run.
To avoid waste of memory, leda is only loaded when necessary.
Current compatibility is unknown as is still in beta.
Although it may work on previous m33 versions, it has only be tested on 5.00 M33.

The development of LEDA doesn't mean that development of 1.50 kernel addon will be ceased. 1.50 addon is very easy to code, and thus it will still be coded for almost full 1.5 compatibility, but LEDA has some advantages over it.

Advantages:

- It works on slim too
- It doesn't need much flash space
- You don't need to care about which folder your homebrew is.
LEDA first tries to load the homebrew program normally. If it works, then the homebrew is a 3.XX+ one, and leda terminates itself to not waste RAM. Otherwise, leda does some patches to load the 1.0/1.5 homebrew.
- Unlike 1.50 kernel addon, LEDA tries to be independent of firmware. This means that whenever a new version of M33 is released, leda will probably work without need of an update.

Disadvantages:

- Less compatibility. Anyways, I will try to make LEDA compatible with those old homebrew that are still useful today because they weren't updated or because they have a better old version.

Install instructions:

Copy LEDA folder to /PSP/GAME and run it. The program will install a prx in the system, this will be done very quickly. After this, you can already try to run 1.0/1.5 homebrew normally from XMB; LEDA folder is not needed anymore in the ms and you can delete it if you want.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Zack
February 3rd, 2009, 01:25
Awesome stuff!

Great work Dark_Alex :)

apex05
February 3rd, 2009, 02:07
Finally something interesting to try! My psp's been going a bit stale the last year

animekid4
February 3rd, 2009, 02:52
>_> * not too excited*
Whats the big deal?
I mean its cool some of this stuff can run on slims now but what could you possibly want to handle that hasnt been ported yet?

MissingLink
February 3rd, 2009, 04:06
>_> * not too excited*
Whats the big deal?
I mean its cool some of this stuff can run on slims now but what could you possibly want to handle that hasnt been ported yet?

theres alot only 1 comes to mind now oh make that 2 ketm it has been ported but not widely spread and stroke of link but there are more

mike_jmg
February 3rd, 2009, 04:39
It's always nice to hear from DAX

But yeah, I'm not too excited since most of the homebrew I use, I have it working on 3.XX kernel

Anyway great work

jungletek
February 3rd, 2009, 06:22
>_> * not too excited*
Whats the big deal?

Then don't use it?

Anything that advances the homebrew scene is a boon, whether you have use for it or not. Especially when it aids accessibility.

IMHO, etc.

tinman
February 3rd, 2009, 06:57
Great...

gpSP 0.9 works at full speed under 3.XX kernel mode :thumbup:

I still need to test some other applications yet, but gpSP 0.9 is ace for the Slim.

Mr. Shizzy
February 3rd, 2009, 07:08
resurskililsnkilinski is now working on my SLIM too. :D

Now off to test Infinity Cat...

dejkirkby
February 3rd, 2009, 08:34
Thanks for this.

Qmark
February 3rd, 2009, 10:34
Is this worth bothering with on a Fat with 1.5 add-on already installed?

Mr. Shizzy
February 3rd, 2009, 15:51
Is this worth bothering with on a Fat with 1.5 add-on already installed?

I would say no.
150 kernel plays all 150 homebrew.
So if you have a PHAT w/ 150k add on, there would really be no need for this...

As a SLIM owner however, I am very happy for this.
Dark Alex is the man !!! :D

B2K24
February 3rd, 2009, 16:20
Great...

gpSP 0.9 works at full speed under 3.XX kernel mode :thumbup:

I still need to test some other applications yet, but gpSP 0.9 is ace for the Slim.

That is so awesome I HATE the UO versions

repuken2
February 3rd, 2009, 18:35
there're a couple of old mame versions that didn't got ported to slim and play a couple of nice games better than mame4all.

Gonna try it right now, Excellent job Alex!!!!

Cheerz!

ojdon
February 3rd, 2009, 20:42
There isn't a 1.50 Kernal anymore for a phat firmware 5.xx anymore is there? Because I know that gpsp doesn't work anymore.

juiceface
February 3rd, 2009, 23:36
There isn't a 1.50 Kernal anymore for a phat firmware 5.xx anymore is there? Because I know that gpsp doesn't work anymore.

Yes there is 1.5 kernal addon for Phat and 5.xx just check out the DAX website beacause i got it from there and reinstalled it the other day

jurkevicz
February 4th, 2009, 02:26
Gpsp works but for some reason the directional is stuck on the up direction. NesterJ loads but doesn't find the roms even being on the right rom folder.

Mr. Shizzy
February 4th, 2009, 11:53
Oooooww :o

Infinity Cat is working on my SLIM :D
I haven't been this hyped about PSP Homebrew in a long time :D

caffeinekid
February 4th, 2009, 17:13
Does this allow using Road Dog on a slim.

repuken2
February 5th, 2009, 05:27
Oooooww :o

Infinity Cat is working on my SLIM :D
I haven't been this hyped about PSP Homebrew in a long time :D

What firmware are you on? i'm interested in that! :D