PDA

View Full Version : Fluff Interviewed (of PSix fame)

wraggster
February 3rd, 2006, 22:03
My old mate 007Cheater who in reality was the person who eventually made my mind up to do my own websites has on his PSP Site interviewed the coder behind Psix the new Shell for PSP.

Heres an excerpt from that interview:

"16) Why should someone purchase the PRO membership over the Lite version? What are the differences?

It almost seems a waste of time to express that pro membership isn't paying for psix, its paying for administration fees and access to the development area of psix, because no matter how many times i state that, people read it as "well whatever it still means you pay for pro", even though pro is just 'beta', and lite is just 'stable', all additions we make to Pro, will be added to the FREE Lite version, when they are stable, it is just our form of quality control and insuring that the final release (which is free), will be feature packed and bug free, if people don't like it, theres many alternatives to psix.

17) A long time ago there was some heat between yourself and Sonyxteam. Is there still hatred for each other or did you resolve your differences?

That's all old hat really, basically i called out yoshi on his lying ways, and he replied by posting a long post on their main site full of lies about me, quite comical in my opinion i must say.

18) Can you explain more about the UMD/Homebrew boot tool and also Advanced boot configuration (2.00 eboot support)

Not entirely sure on UMD, but in future versions of both Pro and Lite, we hope to be able to offer 2.00 PSP compatibility, retaining the ability to launch eboots, even from psix, though im sure when that time comes, people will cry that we 'stole fanjitas code' or something very similar."

Read the full interview here --> http://pspemulation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100&Itemid=25

Let us know your opinions

Macalixter
February 4th, 2006, 01:19
Please, Dude, do the Port for Shadow Warrior too!!!!
We Want Shadow Warrior Too!

Duke and Shadow doesn't seems to be too diferent...so please, If anyone knows the e-mail of the guy who did this port.. send to me...
[email protected]

Many thanks, duke nukem 3d Rules
you made my day, Dude! :D

Solo761
February 4th, 2006, 10:16
Dude... you missed the post...

As for PSix PRO...

t almost seems a waste of time to express that pro membership isn't paying for psix, its paying for administration fees and access to the development area of psix,

well, if it isn't paying for psix pro why doesn't he offers it for free DL, I don't need administration and dev area...

b8a
February 4th, 2006, 11:50
Yeah, talk about spin... Anybody remember the news in this post?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17343

The fee is clearly for the program... I don't nessecarily care as it doesn't look like anything worth paying for so far (decent free versions are readily available), but Fluff should've gotten his story straight from the get go. Maybe this'll fool Sony? But it wouldn't take them long to find this post if they ever did decide to go after him. I don't begrudge him feeling that his time, effort, and energy are worth compensation, just don't take a wizz in my cup and call it lemonaide (!_!)

T-2000
February 4th, 2006, 14:44
if all the updates are added to the lite version, just wait for the lite..lol

flingo
February 4th, 2006, 20:45
that's pathetic, psix fans are suddenly quiet but next time don't be so naive. paid for a beta... mouaaa ah ah ah ah... , fluff is a ****ing asshole ...