PDA

View Full Version : What If Pac-Man Championship Edition Were Made For The NES?

wraggster
February 3rd, 2009, 20:43
8-bit recreations are always neat to see and while some sites are buzzing about Guitar Hero recreated for the NES we’re going to take a look at a “Famicom” (note the quotes) version of Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Give it a quick glance and the video looks like bread and butter Pac-Man. However, this clip includes the modifications made in Pac-Man Championship Edition like the magic fruit that makes more pellets appear and the detailed statistics screen.

Now for the bad news. The “NES” or “Famicom” version of Pac-Man Championship Edition doesn’t seem to exist in the wild. A ROM for the conversion is nowhere to be found and unless the original creator is hiding it on his/her hard drive the video may be a mock up. A really cool mockup, but still a fabrication like a unicorn.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/03/what-if-pac-man-championship-edition-were-made-for-the-nes/

pibs
February 4th, 2009, 01:25
Very cool, I hope this is real and the creator releases the ROM cuz I would love to give it a try!

Yami Mario
February 4th, 2009, 20:11
The videos discription translated is:

NES version of Pac-Man CE I made.
MMC3 use.

MMC3 is an NES Mapper, one of the most common, so there is a good chance this could be real :D