PDA

View Full Version : Sega Building New Arcade Hardware?

wraggster
February 4th, 2009, 18:45
Perhaps or this set of trademarks could be related to an unannounced arcade game. Hello, AM2? Anyway, Sega trademarked three things in the US and Europe that appear to be linked: Ringedge, Ringwide, and a logo with rings.

All of these items are in a slightly different sector than your run of the mill video game trademark. They are for use with video game software, arcade game boards, stand alone video game machines, and arcade game machines with built-in screens. So, whatever these are they sound arcade related.

My first thought when I discovered these was the Sega Activator since it was a “ring”, but what was supposed to enhance fighting games ended up turning them into Para Para Paradise.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/04/sega-building-new-arcade-hardware/

beetroot bertie
February 4th, 2009, 19:41
I'm probably way off here but when you mentioned the "ring" thing, I couldn't help thinking of the "Planet Ring" online games that Sega gave away with Official Dreamcast Mag (here in UK at least). I remember seeing it sold commercially with a mic too. It was a set of 4 online games from what I can recall (I never made the effort to play it online at the time) that was held together in the Planet ring hub.

Maybe these new marks could be some sort of extension of that principle?

kojiro7
February 4th, 2009, 21:47
I wish sega would also make a new console