PDA

View Full Version : CFW Folder Blocker v1.0

wraggster
February 4th, 2009, 23:38
News/release from Torch: (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=147198)

Some new UMDs are detecting files in the ms0:/seplugins and ms0:/iso folders and causing problems, even deleting files from these folders.

This plugin will hide these folders in GAME mode so they can't be accessed.

To install, copy cfwblock.prx to ms0:/seplugins and make an entry in game.txt
e.g. ms0:/seplugins/cfwblock.txt 1

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

apex05
February 5th, 2009, 00:43
Ahh so the game developers are resorting to dirty tactics against cfw... I say this is custom firmwarfare

Ziim
February 5th, 2009, 01:25
What games?
No problems here.

guymelef
February 5th, 2009, 03:26
Is there a list we can start to tell the the scene about which games to this.

Most seplugins either enhance the XMB or games. I would say that next to none of the seplugins can be directly linked with anything that can not be classified as users legally manipulating the hardware and software that he or she owns.

I have every right to turn my psp's hardware and software into a control unit for my house's thermostat.

Sony may soon find their precious PSP abandoned by everybody not just by people that want better games.

apex05
February 5th, 2009, 04:43
This could really backfire on Sony and the devs because if umd's start f*****g with your files people will just swap to iso's

jarshale
February 5th, 2009, 05:09
is this even legal? what the **** sony?

Sterist
February 5th, 2009, 05:33
let me make one thing clear, this has little / nothing to do with sony. it´s the developers of the game on the UMD

dissidia supposively removes cwcheat and one other thing when you choose ¨ms install¨

mrgone
February 5th, 2009, 08:20
WHAT ???

games are checking the seplugins / iso folders ?

ok, thats a dirty trick

but DELETING stuff ???????????
if this is true, i see bad times comin up for $ony

gladiator5
February 5th, 2009, 09:48
which games uses this method, cause all i dont have problem with all games that i have played

mike_jmg
February 5th, 2009, 16:46
I think both, Djmax Black Square and Djmax Fever come with some kind of protection, don't know exactly what it is

Spanishpeacock
February 5th, 2009, 17:44
I knew this would happen eventually, but why delete plugins? why not delete the ISO folder itself? According to Sony's fws there's no reason for it to be there.

If this keeps up, these Blocker apps are really going to come in handy. Good work Torch.

jarshale
February 5th, 2009, 20:45
dissidia supposively removes cwcheat and one other thing when you choose ¨ms install¨

nope. it didn't remove it when I installed it. and I tested it with all 3 install sizes

PoorKingz
February 5th, 2009, 20:57
Perhaps it is just a rumor? Why not scan the flash instead? They can't tell if the files inside the ISO or seplugins folder are illegal files. Who gave them the right to delete our files?

apex05
February 6th, 2009, 11:49
I'm guessing this will be used most on games with online features, like that cheat homebrew for Socom, i'd kinda agree if it was just to remove online cheating