PDA

View Full Version : Announcing -- Patapon DS

EEragon
February 5th, 2009, 17:48
Announcing -- Patapon DS
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ts1kRFPWkk/SYshy4nEXVI/AAAAAAAAAAw/82GRXBHkE9c/s1600/trow_two.JPG
Hey everybody,
I'm working on a new project, Patapon DS. Those who don't know what Patapon is, believe me, it's a fantastic game! Wanna know more? Check google (Type "PATAPON" and choose a link)! It's not a port, it's a huge remake! You can see the screens for how far I am. I'm using PAlib, and the game futures the 3D (2D) engine, so you can display 512 patapons with they spears. The game contains only the so called (by myself) spear-engine, but no beat-engine (also called by myself). In the screens I'm attacking with the Y-button, and walking with the B-button. I'm currently working on code cleaning, so it will be easier to make different levels (yes, incl. in-game editor). I'm not planning publishing my very early build yet, but I do my best when the Beat-engine will working.

The game will featuring:
-The first 15 levels of the original game (maybe more, I'm working on demand) + all boss fights
-custom levels made by me, like "300" or "Boss Rush"
-level editor (in-game, so editing on the go!) -->Making levels like three dinosaurs, with 5 pata-plains(warthog's), and desert-heat
-all mini-games (bonbonbooon tree, flower, talking mountain, ...)
-as many as possible patapon-mutants ( = Tree of life included)
-all the songs:
>PATA-PATA-PATA-PON
>PON-PON-PATA-PON
>CKAKA-CKAKA-PATA-PON
>DON-DODON-DODON (all miracles)
>PON-PATA-PON-PATA
>and others invented by myself
-3D sprite use = 1024 sprites on the screen at once
-blood and eventually gore (very easy done !)

This is not my first project, it's the second one. My first project is a physics-engine, written by myself in C++, using trygoniometry.

Please left a comment

see my blogspot: http://ederagon.blogspot.com/

EEragon

mr game porter
February 5th, 2009, 18:23
can't wait!! never played the original tough...but the song still humms in my head everyday..."Pata Pata Pata Pon!"

theotherfreakyguy
February 8th, 2009, 04:14
'Ey, looks pretty nifty. Looking forward to trying it. Here's hoping it's as good as the real thing; My friend won't have a PSP for a while but he loves playing it on mine.