PDA

View Full Version : Ceasefire in the Battle of the PSP Scene

wraggster
February 4th, 2006, 21:14
No that isnt the title of a new game although i was talking to PSMonkey about a PSPScene TeamFortress type game where as sites we battle each other but anyway onto the more serious stuff.

Im sure you are aware that the PSP Scenes 2 biggest sites dont link or source each others as well as other such actions.

Well with my ear being bended by friends and staff, admins mods etc, Ive made the first move and unbanned all people banned ( i just hope no real trouble causers were unbanned) and uncensored words too.

With this action i would expect PSPUpdates or QJnet to do the same but i also hope that this puts an end to some of the rather shady actions ive been reading about (those exclusive releases - you know what i mean).

Its time to get on and link correctly and that means other sites too who just leech off the main sites.

Lets make the PSP Scene great and kick out the warez sites, homebrew is not warez and we dont want that in our scene.

Kaiser
February 4th, 2006, 21:28
:)

wraggster
February 4th, 2006, 21:36
Lets hope that the Email releases stop (show the real site link) and that exclusive release nonsense, remember we have open newsposting and i work nearly 24hrs a day on the site.

Fanjita
February 4th, 2006, 21:45
You know that they already uncensored dcemu (some time last night), right?

IndianCheese
February 4th, 2006, 21:53
Yeah! Look At Me! I'm Saying "pspupdates.com"! Ha Ha! Look! I Just Said "pspupdates.com"! I Just Said It Again! Yessss Thank You So Much

wraggster
February 4th, 2006, 21:56
No i didnt fanjita, i did see the n64 newspost, to be honest i dont visit the forums their.

Voltron
February 4th, 2006, 22:03
Yes, hopefully everyone in the scene can be grown up enough to stop the scene "infighting" as it is counterproductive and damaging. I think the PSP's homebrew scene is very strong and has much potential. It only stands to benefit the PSP and its homebrew scene if the battling can be ceased. Their have been site admins, coders, developers, forum members etc., who have left the scene or have been turned off by some of the nonsense.

Lets all come together and make the PSP Scene the strongest and fastest growing... :-)

flingo
February 4th, 2006, 22:27
we have to respect each other and keep the psp scene peacefull, you're right Voltron, let's all come together for a better scene :)

DrSarcasmo
February 4th, 2006, 22:31
Excellent move in the right direction, Wraggster... :) We are, after all, part of the same scene, and infighting just ends up weakening the scene as a whole.

This site is my primary PSP news site, so now it can stand as an example for other sites too.

Good stuff... :D

DrSarcasmo

Smiths
February 4th, 2006, 22:46
same scene, different motives for being in it.
Start linking to ps2nfo as well, wraggy. Lord knows they are also part of the same scene.

Sorry if I disagree with this for obvious reason, as in key words being paid, paid, and paid TOP NEWS STORY

MalumEnSe
February 4th, 2006, 23:20
I hope that this is the start of a new era in the PSP news scene. As a news poster on PSPUpdates, I'm relieved to know that I don't have to worry about carrying on this uncomfortable tête á tête when it comes to properly sourcing developers. Hats off to all involved for overcoming personal grudges - it's never an easy thing to do.

Thisisclay
February 4th, 2006, 23:22
Here is a slightly modified version of something I posted in my forums about a similar topic. I hope some get to read it before I am banned and deleted.

I've never denied that QJ.NET is a commercial venture. This is obviously very controvercial to many people who have been in the homebrew scene for a long time, as a site that covers homebrew has never really done what we are doing before. I can understand how it would feel like an intrusion. Kinda like when I was young and punk rock became popular, and commercialized, I hated it, I wanted it to remain underground. So yeah, I can understand the way a lot of people feel.

My side of it is this:

1) What is wrong with me paying my staff? We are doing what we love for a living. By your logic, Smiths, you should hate IGN, Gamespot, Joystiq, Kotaku, and any other big gaming site. They ALL pay their staff. Hell, Wraggster has ads and affiliates too. He is making money off of reporting news and there is nothing wrong with it.

We pay our staff so that they can report cutting edge news, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week (we were even here on Christmas). This canot be done without ads and paid staff.

Also, we also have thousands of dollars invested in Research and Development (new CMS, site designs, download site, hosting, technology, revolutionary new blog comments system, etc). These are the quality of features that QJ.net will offer. There is no way to bring the kind of quality we want to bring without advertising and paid staff.

2) We don't just cover homebrew, we cover everything. And soon we won't just cover gaming, we'll cover cars, gadgets, cellphones, gardening, cooking, etc. Granted, a substantial part of our traffic is here because of homebrew news, but that doesn't mean that we are "profiting off of homebrew". That argument that is hogwash in my opinion.

I hope you guys who disagree with me might, at least, be able to understand our goal better now, and perhaps not feel like we're the Nazis we're made out to be in some circles.

One last note. About the Sourcing thing. I've maintained for months that if he agrees to start sourcing us. I'm glad he's finally taken us up on that, my hat is off to you Wragg. I truly hope this is a first step towards a more civil and pleasent online enviornment for all of us.

Skye
February 4th, 2006, 23:31
Looks to be for the best, I hope we can all keep it this way. =)

Just a side note the ads pay for the hosting on the Emulation64 Network. No one is really profiting off the news here. I don't think wraggy has seen any of the money off the ads here. If I'm wrong please let me know. :P

Thisisclay
February 4th, 2006, 23:39
Skye: You're wrong, he does. And there is nothing wrong with Wraggster making some money off of his hard work.

Whoever is beating it into everyone's head that it's wrong to have a profitable website is crazy. Nearly every news website out there with a few ads and deceant ammount of traffic is turning a profit, and they are lieing to you if they tell you otherwise.

I work on QJ.net 60-70 hours a week. I'm sure Wraggster puts in a ton of hours too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning a hard earned dollar.

Smiths
February 4th, 2006, 23:53
I work on QJ.net 60-70 hours a week. I'm sure Wraggster puts in a ton of hours too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning a hard earned dollar.

and yet your posts on that site for 60-70 hours a week typically only concern when your $ite is doing $omething beneficial to .. oh wait.. not the users.

Malum and Frozen do the entire work and currently basically run the site.
But nice to see you put so much time in it.

Sorry, and did you really compare attempting to solely profit off others' projects to punk rockers trying to make a living?

Can't wait for the gardening site...

I say more links to psp-hacks, psp-spot, and ps2nfo as well wraggster... I mean you don't want to sound like a complete hypocrite since you pussied into this.
Might as well go all the way

---
edit because you changed your post form QJ to invole me:
Having used to work for IGN along with several other for-profit websites, I cannot see how you compare your homebrew-based download/release site to their 100% commercial ventures.
IGN is visited by countless companies over and over with samples and press kits with the sole purpose being to corporately advertise their wares.
You take people's spare time projects and turn that into a business to solely benefit you.
Don't get me started on Kotaku; if you knew anything about the comparisons you're making you'd know the entire ZD staff in Japan considers them the joke and won't invite them to anything.
But you wouldn't know that... and by the way: ZD means Ziff Davis.

Your "news" reporting posts are nothing more than entire articles lifted from other sites (don't DMCA me; we all know why you do that style.. **** linking to others). The other posts are cheap advertisements for crappy services that benefit you. The remaining posts are peoples' spare time projects released for free at their own will.

Don't you dare try to compare your "network", which will go the way of every other wannabe IGN that has tried, to the actual real businesses out there.

Kaiser
February 5th, 2006, 01:57
So about that big game where the sites duke it out.....(am I the only one who thinks this is a funny/good idea?).

While I agree with most of your arguments Smiths I cannot completely agree about this.

I say more links to psp-hacks, psp-spot, and ps2nfo as well wraggster... I mean you don't want to sound like a complete hypocrite since you pussied into this.

Those sites contain loaders and or links to sites with loaders. No one should ever support them whether it be linking to them. PSPU is one thing but why support that crap? We all know dcemu's stance on that spectrum. As long as PSPU doesn't support those sites dcemu can accept there existence.

LostJared
February 5th, 2006, 02:36
Yes, hopefully everyone in the scene can be grown up enough to stop the scene "infighting" as it is counterproductive and damaging. I think the PSP's homebrew scene is very strong and has much potential. It only stands to benefit the PSP and its homebrew scene if the battling can be ceased. Their have been site admins, coders, developers, forum members etc., who have left the scene or have been turned off by some of the nonsense.

Lets all come together and make the PSP Scene the strongest and fastest growing... :-)

"spinal cracker feet down below his knee, hold in his arms till you can feel his disease, come together right now over me"

"he said 1 & 1 & 1 is 3 got to be good lookin cause hes so hard to C, Come Together, Right now Over Me" - the Beatles

LostSideDead

1 & 1 & 1 = 3

Mysteryman
February 5th, 2006, 03:28
I just went to both..Im just looking for great homebrew but im glad the fighting is over.

kyus
February 5th, 2006, 03:31
Superb guys. and smiths, ps2nfo is no psp news site, it's a site which informs of dodgy underground psp developments. The only time they post something psp related is when it involves something to do with an iso rebuilder, loader, an iso itself or whatever.

I'm sure everyone can admit that they offer nothing constructive to the scene.

dcemu, pspspot, emuholic, pspupdates, psp-hacks and a few others offer downloads, information, news, help and everything a psp user could require. ps2nfo are pirates. they offer only information based on piracy, and granted, they did help me find extreme-mods.com, so I have something to thank them for.

CoderX
February 5th, 2006, 04:24
You know what, Iv seen to much of this junk.
Every PSPsite should have a link to all the other psp site,
none of this blocking out pspupdates stuff, or private excluseive junk.

I Wish to make a Decrea to the HomeBrew Comunity.

HomeBrew Code of CivilLibertys

Artical One:
All psp site are to agnoage the existance of each other
and in responce provide a list of links to all other psp websites
"this includes Sony and GameStop, wether they agree it up to them"

Artical Two:
No more Private Releases
All Homebrew is to berelased to the public, with an atached copy of the sorce code,
no exceptions. Any site hosting private homebrew, will have all homebrew extraced and leaked.

Artical Three
Disscussion of any illegiel meteral is Banned by this treaty, and will be inforced strictly by site administrators
The above include (Any Sony Produced product, or ISO)
Exclusions: ROM's, and Ingame Elements, GamePorts from other systems

I take it apon the comunity to accept the above guidelines as law and to flow them undoutably.

Some thing need to be done, if we dont conslidate sony will win

Yeldarb
February 5th, 2006, 04:50
Wow, this has been a long time coming =)

Congrats guys, hopefully this won't be a shortlived peace.

Kaiser
February 5th, 2006, 04:56
Artical One:
All psp site are to agnoage the existance of each other
and in responce provide a list of links to all other psp websites
"this includes Sony and GameStop, wether they agree it up to them"

Does that mean we should post links even to those harming the scene. By what your saying that means we should embrace sites who support the dipshits who make loaders and make piracy easier.

Artical Two:
No more Private Releases
All Homebrew is to berelased to the public, with an atached copy of the sorce code,
no exceptions. Any site hosting private homebrew, will have all homebrew extraced and leaked.

Your saying news should be stolen because its exclusive. That means coders who might release stuff on there own site and do not wish to distribute it should get there stuff stolen regardless. Source code is usually only released for the previous version. For example an emulator on v1.10 would come out along with the previous version's source code (v1.0). That way its still open for people to learn and mess with but the original coder can maintain credit with the latest version.

Artical Three
Disscussion of any illegiel meteral is Banned by this treaty, and will be inforced strictly by site administrators
The above include (Any Sony Produced product, or ISO)
Exclusions: ROM's, and Ingame Elements, GamePorts from other systems

Some stuff here clashes\ :rolleyes:. Your saying anything illegal shouldn't be allowed to be discussed. Okay, lets say I made a port of Half-Life and released it on PSP. Your saying it should be allowed but isent that wrong? The only time a port is legal is when its a freeware open-sourced program. (e.g Quake or Doom).

DraconumPB
February 5th, 2006, 08:12
well i think all this thus far has been rather silly.. but...

to be honest with you, I don't quite understand the benefit one might recieve from going to pspupdates.. they have a few more files that are organized better than the files here, but I've seen other psp file repositories... plus, the comment-posters there are all completely moronic... at least here there's quite a bit of discussion and banter from semi-intelligent people.. usually anyway ;)

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, all wrag needs is a better way to organize and manage psp downloads... excepting that, this is the best site around I've found...

but hopefully this really is a 'cease fire' and not just a break from tension.

FrozenIpaq
February 5th, 2006, 14:05
Peace and Harmony has begun, I send my congrats to both sites for finally getting along. Now, let the PSP Scene flourish and PSMonkey finish his N64 emulator ;)

I'm very grateful to have my account unbanned and thank Wraggster for this gesture

well i think all this thus far has been rather silly.. but...

to be honest with you, I don't quite understand the benefit one might recieve from going to pspupdates.. they have a few more files that are organized better than the files here, but I've seen other psp file repositories... plus, the comment-posters there are all completely moronic... at least here there's quite a bit of discussion and banter from semi-intelligent people.. usually anyway ;)

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, all wrag needs is a better way to organize and manage psp downloads... excepting that, this is the best site around I've found...

but hopefully this really is a 'cease fire' and not just a break from tension.

Might not want to say the files are unorganized ;) The new DL site is the precious stone of the site now. I find it to be much more organized then before, although it doesn't contain all the homebrew releases, it covers the most recent versions of the popular ones. Everyone must admit that the old download site was unorganized, but the new one is a good improvement.

Also, the comment section is gong to be moderated with a new CMS in place, where-as before only those that had access to the blogger could moderate it, this might change with the new CMS.

I enjoy going to both DCEmu and PSPU for my PSP needs, finding that both places may post the same news, but each have their own news posts that the other does not, so I shall continue going to both to support the scene as you shall call it ;P

@Smiths:

If you say that PSPU just copies and pastes information for a news posts, you might want to take the time to look at Jake's (MalumEnSe's) posts. They contain truthful words from himself on the program that I find helpful at times when determining whether or not to download the program. QJ is making an honest effort to improve their news posting, and as we have seen throughout the months, they have.

Also, they post more than homebrew ;) Notice the non-homebrew articles..although those could be improved upon, they are still making that effort. Also, PSPU had an exclusive Infected Contest and supported the game along with an interview with the game's creator(s).

PS: I like the gardening site idea..maybe it will make gamers into peace-loving gardners

iball
February 5th, 2006, 17:15
Actually, since Wraggster banned me for pointing out how Yoshi was stealing someone else's source code I've gotten along great without DCEMU.
Since both sites "borrow" news from each other and other places, I didn't miss a thing.

wraggster
February 5th, 2006, 17:48
Actually, since Wraggster banned me for pointing out how Yoshi was stealing someone else's source code I've gotten along great without DCEMU.
Since both sites "borrow" news from each other and other places, I didn't miss a thing.

Actually i didnt ban you, believe it was Metafox or another admin, i believe you were getting annoiyng or whatever but it wasnt me.

Now as for the Yoshihiro thing, i had countless emails with the original coder of the emulator and we investigated that he was using an old source that was released and not any stolen source code, believe me there was a lot of emails but i got the truth.

So that killed 2 myths :)

As for people liking me or not ive never really cared what others thought of me, i know that my sites are good news sites and we have a good community here, i wont ever link to crappy warez posting or those that allow discussion of it,

Now theres some cause of concern that should be addressed over at both PSPU and Fanjitas sites, both of your download links, ie fanjitas site and also the file thing over at PSPU dont credit any of the original coders sites or indeed release threads, email releases dont come into it as no one can proove if it was emailed in news or stolen off another site.

But those links MUST be included and ASAP to be fair on all coders.

for those that think ive gone soft, hell no but when my fellow staff members and coders ask that i do this gesture then ive given things another chance.

PSmonkey
February 5th, 2006, 19:46
I dont mind fanjita site linking to pspu downlaod providing pspu download section is updated to have a link to the authors website. So when you go to the dl section you can also quickly go check their site for updated news on their project (or to see if maybe fajita's list or pspu is out of date).

To me that is reasonable. :)
Why? My section of the forums have alot of good constructive post & replys from users using my work. This gives me the feedback i need on my work. If nobody linked to my site I would not get back half the constructive feedback I get now. :)

djp
February 5th, 2006, 21:59
i have posted my reply and thoughts on this whole situation on you know where.

- djp

Smiths
February 5th, 2006, 22:40
Also, PSPU had an exclusive Infected Contest and supported the game along with an interview with the game's creator(s).

Hahahah! The Infected "contest" was a joke amongst the community. complete with the amazngly talented "review" of that horrible game by your unbiased "staff"

Een a winner of the "contest" admitted he faked it. That was hilarious, too.
Any "integrity" you attempted to have as a "real" network was shot down even more with that Infected crap.
But man we had a great laugh.

If Jake's posts went up the asses of specific creator's more, he'd just be living inside of them.
His face must reek of shit with how far he's been climbing inside some people.
That ain't improved news-posting, it's simple ass-kissing.

Now theres some cause of concern that should be addressed over at both PSPU and Fanjitas sites, both of your download links, ie fanjitas site and also the file thing over at PSPU dont credit any of the original coders sites or indeed release threads, email releases dont come into it as no one can proove if it was emailed in news or stolen off another site.

100% agree. If this is to be any form of "change" (yea right, we just had Clay admitting it's still solely for profit), then your little download site at P$PU must be entirely updated to include download links to all original release threads/homepages from every single author[/i].

After all, as a "business", you must practice different ideals than an "enthusiast" site. One of them is always crediting the proper sources.

Wragg's stance -- which still should be in effect -- was not mature as hell, but as far as an b]enthusiast site goes: it's allowed.

P$PU is a commercial venture. For them to even have censored news post comments with proper sourcing, change articles to say "we were mailed this project", and to not even have links in the project's download repository for such a long period of time shows just how ****ing horrible a bu$ine$$ it really is to you guys.

Oh, and sucks about the GP2X thing huh? Can't make a business out of that system, since even Squidge already beat your asses with his disclaimer.
Even if you made a GP2X blog to attempt to make $$$ off a 100% homebrew-based system, you could already never post an awesome SNES emulator, along with several other amazing projects.

But again... good luck with the gardening site.

All a "truce" does is make it easier for us to see who really doesn't give a shit.
We already know Wragg doesn't... but now it'll be great to watch P$PU suddenly have to try and pretend they truly give a $hit about the user$ and programmer$.

cdrdj
February 5th, 2006, 23:15
It's nice that this whole "feud" has come a step closer to being settled. But I hate it when people like Smiths just can't accept it and just HAS to complain about every little thing that they don't like. Why must they be so childish? Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care about WHAT they say (Everyone can already tell they're fools without me telling them), I just hate HOW they say it. To me, Smiths would be like the Jack Thompson of the PSP scene (my thoughts about them, not what they stand for). He just blurts out anything to make fools of and discredit others. It's not the content, it's the whiny and derogative attitude. I'd love to side with you on this whole Pspupdates thing, but the way you put things, I'd choose them over you anyday.

Anyways, it's good to see the wall somewhat coming down. Great job and thank you guys for constantly being the #1 psp site in any category. :)

Smiths
February 6th, 2006, 03:44
I am what GF referred to as "blunt".
Many people dislike things stated clear in front of them and then being forced to deal with it.

Sugar-coating is for cookies, not covering up facts of profiteering whores basing a corporate business plan on the works of freelance programmers.

And if you haven't noticed, I typically don't say things to get people to "Join me". In the beginning, when something could have been done, I tried.
Now it's just sad to watch the ignorant flock to the ones who don't care about them.
I get my news from the sources when I want it, and still am active enough in whatever remains of the Japanese scene to have the credibility there.
Credibility with the US scene went out the window ages ago, and no one is shutting said window. They're just trying to caulk it up with brown-nosed shit.

At least one thing I and Japanese programmers hope can come from this: P$PU stops tainting the Wiki -- the original source -- with stolen links and credits.
That daily hypocrisy based on the ignorance of other countries was a daily reminder of the fact nothing has or will ever change.
But boy do they put on a good face and make you believe nothing is wrong.

Final test:
Wanna really show support and truce between the sites?
Where's my account and my Premium Membership for being a coder?
Not that I'd ever want it... but aren't we talking about how now everyone respects everyone regardless of opinions?

I'm a walkin' Catch-22

cdrdj
February 6th, 2006, 09:39
I am what GF referred to as "blunt".
Many people dislike things stated clear in front of them and then being forced to deal with it.

Sugar-coating is for cookies, not covering up facts of profiteering whores basing a corporate business plan on the works of freelance programmers.

And if you haven't noticed, I typically don't say things to get people to "Join me". In the beginning, when something could have been done, I tried.
Now it's just sad to watch the ignorant flock to the ones who don't care about them.
I get my news from the sources when I want it, and still am active enough in whatever remains of the Japanese scene to have the credibility there.
Credibility with the US scene went out the window ages ago, and no one is shutting said window. They're just trying to caulk it up with brown-nosed shit.

At least one thing I and Japanese programmers hope can come from this: P$PU stops tainting the Wiki -- the original source -- with stolen links and credits.
That daily hypocrisy based on the ignorance of other countries was a daily reminder of the fact nothing has or will ever change.
But boy do they put on a good face and make you believe nothing is wrong.

Final test:
Wanna really show support and truce between the sites?
Where's my account and my Premium Membership for being a coder?
Not that I'd ever want it... but aren't we talking about how now everyone respects everyone regardless of opinions?

I'm a walkin' Catch-22

Again, I really don't care about what you say Smiths. Who said anything about credability? I didn't say anything about your status at all. The issue is still you being "blunt". Just like Jack, calling them whores. How can you expect people to respect your opinion when you just insult.

And the thing that has been bugging me for a while is your whole issue with not getting premium membership. You're bashing the site for not giving it to you? How could they give it to you when you talk about them the way you do and go against them? Did they contact you saying you can't have the free membership they were offering to coders or whatever? What if they were just late? Sure opinions are okay, but when you deny the site of posting your homebrew that everyone should have access to, aren't you being a bit hypocrytical? And if i'm wrong tell me, because all I know are what people are saying about you and what you put in your Read me Texts.

And while i'm talking about the membership thing, what's so wrong about it? You pay for extra service, you don't pay to download homebrew. I don't have membership on their site, but i'm pretty sure I have never payed for anything i've downloaded. You get advantages like no ads or get discounts or whatever. Stuff you don't normally get for free.

Lastly, PLease, explain to me how they taint the wiki. I'm not disagreeing with you here, I just don't understand. Can you show me a link of something tainted or whatever? And saying "everything" won't suffice. Just one specific example is good enough for me to understand their "tainting ways". Anybody?

Smiths
February 6th, 2006, 11:33
And the thing that has been bugging me for a while is your whole issue with not getting premium membership.

Guess I forgot to close the [sarcasm] tags in that section. It's a rib on their "coder friendly hoorah we love the community" thing. **** "Premium"; I wouldn't post on the forums anyway there. You have to literally baby oer half the users.

Stuff you don't normally get for free.
Uhh, when the sole purpose of popping up ads and putting banners everywhere was to entice you to pay them, then yes... something is wrong.
It's far out of the scope of "supporting the servers" with how much was put up there in how short a span of time.

Bottom line: it was done as a corporate tactic to annoy you to the point of hating visiting the site... but then make you go "ooh! I can pay and it all goes away!"
Again, explaining any of this to anyone was futile. See the above re: their forum people.

Lastly, PLease, explain to me how they taint the wiki. I'm not disagreeing with you here, I just don't understand.

considering how much has to be fixed on the wiki to change the URLs to their proper source, the only way to see it is through the logs of the changes.
But since you asked nicely:
Let's check out Jeff Chen's posting 'news' in a release-ONLY wiki. Old news at that. (http://pspsoftware.ddo.jp/wiki/?cmd=backup&page=%B9%B9%BF%B7%BE%F0%CA%F3%20-%20%A5%BD%A5%D5%A5%C8%A5%A6%A5%A7%A5%A2&age=108)

No? Hmm, how about Lua Player and PMP Mod (http://pspsoftware.ddo.jp/wiki/?cmd=backup&action=&page=%B9%B9%BF%B7%BE%F0%CA%F3%20-%20%A5%BD%A5%D5%A5%C8%A5%A6%A5%A7%A5%A2&age=105) apparently being released at those news articles... oh wait. they weren't!

(Scroll to the bottom to see the links)

This goes on virtually with every release in the PSP Scene. It's getting annoying for the Wiki'ers to keep having to change the links.
Pretty much common knowledge now if something is posted there from P$PU, a real source of the release must exist, and therefore a little "Search" is executed to find the true author's page/release thread.

*sigh*

Oh and don't think I don't give wraggy shit if I see him pulling the same shit on the wiki. though to his credit recently it turns out it's been Japanese people adding his URLs on some releases that have other, official pages.
Goes to show you where the credibility still lies over on this side o' the pond.

Fanjita
February 6th, 2006, 11:38

Sorry, what's the issue with my site? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

If it's about the links on the 'working homebrew' page, then there are 2 main factors for those being the way they are:

1. In the interests of preserving bandwidth, links to QJ.net are best for me. The format of their URLs is much easier for me to compress : only a few digits change between files. Other URLs typically cost me about 3x as much bandwidth, and that single page accounts for most of my bandwidth usage. I don't have an awful lot of bandwidth, and I have to be very careful to preserve it.

2. For everything else, I just put in the first reliable link I could get hold of. A lot of coders don't tend to maintain download links for previous versions of their code, but for the EBOOT loader the version number can be crucial. So a mirror that's sure to maintain the correct version at a constant URL is in the best interests of my readers.

I don't have a lot of time to go doing investigation on the ultimate source of any particular release - maintaining those links takes a lot of time and isn't my primary focus.
Nonetheless, if anyone wants any link updated, then I'm happy to do so. I never thought there was any issue here, certainly I've never heard any complaints before so this comes as a bit of a surprise.

wowfan
February 6th, 2006, 12:10
considering how much has to be fixed on the wiki to change the URLs to their proper source, the only way to see it is through the logs of the changes.
But since you asked nicely:
Let's check out Jeff Chen's posting 'news' in a release-ONLY wiki. Old news at that. (http://pspsoftware.ddo.jp/wiki/?cmd=backup&page=%B9%B9%BF%B7%BE%F0%CA%F3%20-%20%A5%BD%A5%D5%A5%C8%A5%A6%A5%A7%A5%A2&age=108)

No? Hmm, how about Lua Player and PMP Mod (http://pspsoftware.ddo.jp/wiki/?cmd=backup&action=&page=%B9%B9%BF%B7%BE%F0%CA%F3%20-%20%A5%BD%A5%D5%A5%C8%A5%A6%A5%A7%A5%A2&age=105) apparently being released at those news articles... oh wait. they weren't!

(Scroll to the bottom to see the links)

This goes on virtually with every release in the PSP Scene. It's getting annoying for the Wiki'ers to keep having to change the links.
Pretty much common knowledge now if something is posted there from P$PU, a real source of the release must exist, and therefore a little "Search" is executed to find the true author's page/release thread.

*sigh*

Oh and don't think I don't give wraggy shit if I see him pulling the same shit on the wiki. though to his credit recently it turns out it's been Japanese people adding his URLs on some releases that have other, official pages.
Goes to show you where the credibility still lies over on this side o' the pond.

ok, so first.. i dont know why i was banned earlier. but anyways. i was confused with your last post of 'building a bridge on a swamp' and couldnt respond. back to the subject, which after seeing cdrdj's calm collected argument i probably shouldnt get involved with Jack, so i went to visit the wikis.

the first question, is how do you know jeff chen posted the links there? like you said, the japanese people post link to wraggsters site so why couldn't it have been them doing the same? or are they just assumed? if you have friends to look at ip addresses then please share the ip, otherwise what is your proof? it does sound like a thompson saying imo.

i also noticed that many of those links go to dcemu for releases that were released on qj.net forums, i visit both sites so i know which are released where. its pretty easy to tell. and so you say that the wiki is full of polluted links which are linking to the wrong place, then yes i agree. but im glad to see that the sites are linking each other, great things for the psp scene ahead.

cdrdj
February 6th, 2006, 20:19
Well, thanks a lot for the info. I understand more about what's going on now but i've deceided to just drop it. I got into homebrew a while a go seeing as to how fun the apps were and how friendly and helpfull the people on the scene were. Things like this debate, while informative, kinda feel negative and kinda ruins everything. So Smithy, I apologize if iI have offended and thanks for the feedback. At least we can all agree on something, STOP WAREZ!! It HURTS the SCENE!!

Smiths
February 6th, 2006, 22:36
wow- no need to share. It's a proven fact :)

After Jeff's little "PSP Wiki shut down by Sony" fraud story, the links being added to QJ by Japanese people basically stopped.
Two highly popular blogs kinda just gave up in supporting any story of theirs, and waited on official pages to be made and updated.

Prolly why Fanjita didn't get as much credit as he deserved with his "exclusive" releases to P$PU.

Anywho, let's just hope all those download links at the New Download site are all updated to have authors' pages.
After all, Fanjita said it's just easier to link there, so let's hope P$PU provides the users of Fanjita's programs the proper abilities to see the authors' pages and/or release threads.

To quote Ma$ter Clay: "The ball's in his court"

Fanjita
February 6th, 2006, 22:56
Prolly why Fanjita didn't get as much credit as he deserved with his "exclusive" releases to P$PU.

Hmm, I don't recall missing out on any credit. Explain?

wowfan
February 7th, 2006, 01:03
wow- no need to share. It's a proven fact :)

ok.. this is where you make the run around again. first:

where is the fsckin proof? you say its a proven fact and the proof is your word? that holds as much credibility as trying to hold water in your hand. i'm not saying anything about your personal credibility but when trying to proove something to someone else it just doesnt have any weight. to me youre just a guy on the internet, and unless you can bring out some logs of ip addresses and such, then its just another guy on the internet spouting off 'its true! believe my conspiracy theory!'

sorry to be 'blunt' but i still don't see your equating that qj is evil to them 'polluting' the wiki. you also have not addressed links being pointed to dcemu when they were released on qj. furthermore, you have not said anything about the possibility of a japanese posting there. you just say 'its a proven fact' without any proof. you know what? its a proven fact that i have an alien from mars sitting next to me. just take my word on it.

After Jeff's little "PSP Wiki shut down by Sony" fraud story, the links being added to QJ by Japanese people basically stopped.
Two highly popular blogs kinda just gave up in supporting any story of theirs, and waited on official pages to be made and updated.

once again, i remember the story myself. now lets go back to the proof thing, but a shorter version. LINKS please? i dont know japanese but i can use google and can get in touch with a japanese friend to translate. if you will say 'its an understood thing amongst the japanese,' then, as what happened in your last post, it holds about as much weight as a feather.

lost me on this.. oh wait, no. you're right.. credit wasnt given from here where it was released - on qj. where else wasnt credit given? everyone knew he released it though. lets go back to links - please?

Anywho, let's just hope all those download links at the New Download site are all updated to have authors' pages.
After all, Fanjita said it's just easier to link there, so let's hope P$PU provides the users of Fanjita's programs the proper abilities to see the authors' pages and/or release threads.

i think it should be done myself, and they prolly are working on it. likewise, why attack only qj when so many other psp sites out there do not properly link and give the 'r-e-s-p-e-c-t' to where things are released. you don't have to just be the qj police, there are other sites you can include in your tirade, 'guilty' of such things. but, its your beef, so whatever.

FrozenIpaq
February 7th, 2006, 01:29
Smith and Wraggster,

Is there any law against not providing source links in downloads? If there is it most likely can be found within the DCMA or the USA Copyright Laws (QJ "HQ" is located in USA).

Also, if you wish to attack PSPU for not sourcing in their download section, then blame almost all the other sites that offer PSP downloads in file sections. PSPCrazy doesn't even offer the author's name! DL.QJ provides the authors name and a quick google of the authors name plus the title of the download will most likely bring you to the QJ.net news post or another news post containing the same information.

Here's an example: DL.QJ.net provides this download: Tetris for Firmware 2.60, I then looked at the author (Fanjita) and typed this into google: Fanjita Tetris for Firmware 2.6

So, I don't think sourcing is an issue here unless there is a copyright law that says otherwise (please do tell me if there is!).

Also, it would be nice to see links to the author's website or release thread to check out the latest version, but at the current time that will require many changes to the files and potentially a lot more man-hours for something that won't do much (just be the right thing to do right?)

I'm all for linking to author's website, but you also have to think of the time it will take to do all of that. Would it be suitable for you guys if they just link to the author's website in the new downloads that they upload?

Well, let's just let QJ run their site like they want to and let's have DCEMU run the site like Wraggster wants to. We don't have to be attacking eachother's throats on topics like this.

If you wish to have your voice heard, please contact the site owners and address your complaint. Arguing here will have little affect of what is happening over there. I wish we could put all biased opinions aside and learn to accept each other and their site for what it is.

Smiths..try not to bring up the premium membership topic again...it doesn't work in your defense much

Smiths
February 7th, 2006, 03:17
Ipaq:
you're a mod, do the googling for every download and add it. After all, aren't you the "paid" guys?
Clay quoted his 60-70 hours a week on it. I mean don't tell us suddenly you can't be expected to be paid to work?
If you have to add the links now, oh well. Ball in your court. Take your "job" and "earn" your money.

Obviously PSPCrazy has not come right out like Clay has and said it's a business to you guys there. Nor has Wraggster.
P$PU has a whole other set of guidelines to follow with its commercial whoring. IRS, BBB, etc. can all get involved with any discrepencies someone could find.
Copyright material on a site that has areas where money is exchanged? Better check archives.

Just saying, wraggy's little "truce" and the "owning up" has tons more on P$PU's part than over on this side of the fire.

Fanjita - I meant simply the Japanese blogs kinda didn't give a crap about it, unfortunately. Big news was still Monster Hunter being playable on 1.5 :)
Grains of salt...

Oh, and wowfan... got nothing to prove to ya. The "Wiki shut down" thing got you guys (yes, we know you're not just 'some fan') some nice critique at Enpi's and the other Ameblos, among other places.
But it was hilarious to see an American site make up a story about a Japanese shutdown.
And to play it off after being disproved with a follow-up story on P$PU that referenced the "after Sony's shutdown of the Wiki site"... man that was classic.

So, guy$... I think it is only right to say that instead of telling the people who visit your bu$ine$$ to "google it", you should get to work.
Lotta archives of whoring to cover there...

wowfan
February 7th, 2006, 05:30
Ipaq:

Oh, and wowfan... got nothing to prove to ya. The "Wiki shut down" thing got you guys (yes, we know you're not just 'some fan') some nice critique at Enpi's and the other Ameblos, among other places.
But it was hilarious to see an American site make up a story about a Japanese shutdown.
And to play it off after being disproved with a follow-up story on P$PU that referenced the "after Sony's shutdown of the Wiki site"... man that was classic.

if you have no proof, then why have you made so many posts, citing the foul attrocities that the qj guys are at fault for -- and yet lack links in your response?

after my whole reply to your post, i get what, a subject change and still no links? show me the links man.. show me the Enpi and Ameblo (sites?) links please. thats all i asked for before, and proof it was indeed a guy at qj posting links on the wiki. look above for the response on 'proof.'

you say you have nothing to prove to me, ok, but it would definitely help to backup your case to everyone else reading this thread. so far its one guys jack thompson-style allegations -- backed up with no proof. thats all i was asking for, but i will take your response as 'uhhh.. proof? well, just trust me.'

as for wowfan, i play world of warcraft (WoW), and guess what? im a fan of it.

FrozenIpaq
February 7th, 2006, 11:18
Smiths: Forum Moderator/Assistant Admin, yes.....site manager...no

I do this purely as volunteer work (I don't get paid) and I'm not aware of anyway I can contribute to the site other than moderating the forums (all other parts or highly restricted). If I could easily handle the links, then I would do it, but I just simply can't.

Also, the paid staff may be able to do it if they have the time, but as of right now they are aiming to transition all of the blogs to the new QJ layout and work out their CMS, so things are prioritized. I'm sure that if they see this and see that it is valid enough, that they may likely add the websites of the authors (if possible).

Smiths..you seem to be the only one rasing this issue...majority rules in democracy and is the basis for many decisions that have been made. If there are not enough supporters of an idea, then it may not pass

Thisisclay
February 7th, 2006, 17:41
Hey Wragg, we got to a solid conclusion on all of these issues a few pages back. Now it is just Smiths' usual regurgitation vs. everyone else. Let's close this thread on a good note, I see it going nowhere but downhill from here.

Bah, screwit, now that I'm already replying, I'll state my last comments on this topic:

Smiths, as soon as we fix the "website" text entry field auto population in our uploader tool (which quite frankly is low priority as we are in the middle of launching a new CMS) -- but after that, if you want to go through the thousands and thousands of files on our download site and manually enter author websites, be my guest. I'll set you up with a login to our back end myself.

But know this: The author's websites fields are not purposly omitted from our download site. They were just never ADDED as I was manually moving over thousands of files from our old files software to our new one. Simply moving the files over took 6 days working on it 6-8 hours a day.

By the way, no one else is complaining about this Smiths, only YOU. If an author comes to me and asks for their link to be added there, I will be more than willing to accomodate them by entering it manually, BUT I HAVE NEVER, EVER HAD *ONE* AUTHOR COME AND ASK FOR THIS.

*YOU* are the only one who cares, and as far as I remember, you for all your claimed "leet coding skillz" I can't remember anything you have ever contributed to the homebrew community besides a bunch of name dropping of Japanese developers, and a bunch of mindless blather that you spew over everyone constantly.

Get over yourself. We source every author in every news article we write.

Smiths
February 7th, 2006, 22:37
*YOU* are the only one who cares, and as far as I remember, you for all your claimed "leet coding skillz" I can't remember anything you have ever contributed to the homebrew community besides a bunch of name dropping of Japanese developers, and a bunch of mindless blather that you spew over everyone constantly.

I'm just playing the whole "you've turned around to be proper so here's what proper do"
Even if I'm the only one mentioning it... it is being mentioned and technically it's a proper thing to do :)

Oh and you're right... I've never coded anything for the PSP except contributions to NeoCD, RIN, NesterJ, etc. etc. etc....
And you.. you've uhhh coded..... uhh... wait... what?

Nice ignorance, I love to just have you come out and prove you still have no ****ing clue what you're doing in a homebrew community. :)

FrozenIpaq
February 7th, 2006, 22:51
I'm just playing the whole "you've turned around to be proper so here's what proper do"
Even if I'm the only one mentioning it... it is being mentioned and technically it's a proper thing to do :)

Oh and you're right... I've never coded anything for the PSP except contributions to NeoCD, RIN, NesterJ, etc. etc. etc....
And you.. you've uhhh coded..... uhh... wait... what?

Nice ignorance, I love to just have you come out and prove you still have no ****ing clue what you're doing in a homebrew community. :)

Smiths, those are all emulators..have you ever thought of coding something else...like an actual game? Emulators are great and all, but emulators are usually the first to make it onto a homebrew-enabled device, no matter what ;) Homebrew Games on the other hand require a dedicated developer and that is where the true attention is brought to (those who code everything by hand for the PSP specially) ;)

Smiths, it's nice and all that you have helped with the coding of the emulators, but why not try helping the scene by making peace with those that try to support the scene. Smiths, it would also have been nice if you actually allowed PSPU to post some of your releases, but instead you insisted that they didn't (Please correct me if this was someone else and not you, my memory is pretty vague).

I try to contribute to the scene (I have no coding skills, even though I wish I had some...just can't find time with busy schedules) by beta testing programs, supporting new developers, suggesting improvements and keeping the QJ fourms clean from vermin.

Smiths, I admire you for the fact that you have contributed a lot for the PSP's emulation and have further advanced the capabilites of the PSP, but I would've liked to see some attempt to resolve situations peacefully and offer solutions that will benefit both sides of the discussion. Just try to act like the more "mature" one and solve this problem and not flame/call another person ignorant..I hate it when people do that :(

PS: If this in anyway infuriates you or that I'm missinformed, please correctly inform me, I have not followed you long, just have seen you on these forums and seen your generous contributions to the emulation on the PSP.

One more thing on the author's website:

If it is the proper thing to do, then why hasn't file planet or many other major download sites do this?

Here's a link to the Timeshift Demo provided on fileplanet: http://www.fileplanet.com/160288/160000/fileinfo/TimeShift-Demo

It says it is made by Atari..but doesn't give a link to Atari's site. Sure it may be the proper thing to do, and once it is easily doable, QJ may do it...but right now the arguement just seems like the only argument you could find to attack the site ;)

Yes, I realize homebrew is a different matter, but it is the same general concept is it not?

Well, let's not complain about the website of the authors in the donwload section..that is something that the QJ admins will handle if they feel it is necessary, let us now continue to appreciate the recent Ceasefire in the PSP Scene and make it true ;)

Smiths
February 7th, 2006, 23:08
Frozen - you supported my idea of updating download links in the file archive to have original threads and pages for the authors.

Clay shot it down as being a "you ONLY" thing.

There's a resolution. I can see I got nothing against you, Frozen. I figured they'd be paying your ass by now considering how much work you put into the site.
As for programming, I'm done with it for a while now. I only pick it up if something interests me, and back then I was interested in improving those emulators.

It's just funny to see Clay come out saying I've done no programming at all.
Despite the fact he's also apparently pro-supporting PSMonkey's idea which includes "acknowledge all programmers from homebrew game authors to LUA Script writers. they are all contributors"

Good ol' egg-faced Clay; that never gets old.

FrozenIpaq
February 7th, 2006, 23:17
Frozen - you supported my idea of updating download links in the file archive to have original threads and pages for the authors.

Clay shot it down as being a "you ONLY" thing.

There's a resolution. I can see I got nothing against you, Frozen. I figured they'd be paying your ass by now considering how much work you put into the site.
As for programming, I'm done with it for a while now. I only pick it up if something interests me, and back then I was interested in improving those emulators.

It's just funny to see Clay come out saying I've done no programming at all.
Despite the fact he's also apparently pro-supporting PSMonkey's idea which includes "acknowledge all programmers from homebrew game authors to LUA Script writers. they are all contributors"

Good ol' egg-faced Clay; that never gets old.

Actually, I have had a slight change in opinion after reading everything. It may be the proper thing to do in the eyes of the authors, but in reality...it just doesn't work that way. We would all like to see people get along because it is the proper thing to do, but no matter how hard we try..we just can't accomplish that.

I think homebrew author's sites should be credited in the furture just for reference reasons, not for creditting reasons which seems like you are aiming at.

Smiths...can you honestly expect someone with a job that takes up most of his life to be up-to-date on homebrew with the PSP? If you haven't noticed MaluEnSe has done a majority of the news posts and he is very informed with the scene.

You can't go home and expect a news broadcaster (tv news) to remember the name of someone they just heard about, can you? The same case goes for Clay I guess...He's a good man, he deserves to be treated well as he treats others well (unless he is missinformed on a topic, then just correct him nicely :P )

Thisisclay
February 8th, 2006, 01:37
Frozen, no matter how much you try to talk sense to this guy, he'll always find something to freak out about. He hates PSP Updates, and if we for some reason decided to do every single thing he wanted he would still hate us. Scratch that. He doesn't hate the site, he hates me and my goals and aspirations with QJ.NET.

But he'll have to either get over it or just continue hating it, but either way he'll continue to be unhappy, finding tidbits to nikpick at. We're not doing anything immoral or wrong in any way, so nothing is going to change.

There is a poisonous way of thinking that for some reason or another infects many people's heads, predominantly younger people who are unable or unwilling to work hard to succeed in life. Therefore, jealousy and resentment brew up, and they hate anyone and anything who is successful or makes any money whatsoever. These are the people who say the word "corporation" as if it is a swear word, or an insult.

A writer named Ayn Rand details this type of thinking very well in an extremely popular book called Atlas Shrugged. Anyone reading this post should pick it up, it's a great read. The overal gist is: There will always be people who will hate you for becoming successful by working hard at something you love. That is what I am doing, and thats why Smiths will always find something to hate me for.

He'll ridicule this post, of course, telling me that I don't know anything about him, how can I label him as this type of person? But I've seen this thought process many times, and know it well.

That's fine, Smiths opinion is his to have and voice, but you aren't going to change it or make peace with him, so it's futile to try. I'm sure Smiths firmly and truly believes what he says, and he stands up for it, so that is admirable in a sense. Hell, I'm sure he's even a pretty nice guy. But I gave up trying to reason with him a long time ago, and I'm not sure why I made the post I did above. I guess after all this time he can still get under my skin from time to time =)

FrozenIpaq
February 8th, 2006, 01:48
Yeah Clay, keep up the good work and become successful! I might pick that book up soon, sounds like an interesting read as I find that with popularity comes hatred from others, whether it be of jealous nature or competitive nature.

Well, Wraggster, keep up your site and Clay...keep up yours and we shall all be fine and dandy. We don't need these interuptions of time of acceptance, that just worsens the scenerio.

Clay, your above posts were very helpful to this discussion and were the most "intelligent" of them, even better than mine :) So I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have posted them. They helped out and we appreciate the fact that you came in here to discuss this matter in person, that shows a lot about a site owner.

Smiths
February 8th, 2006, 09:07
There will always be people who will hate you for becoming successful by working hard at something you love. That is what I am doing...

Nah, only thing I'll nitpick is that.
If making money off the freetime endeavours of homebrew authors is what you love, I'm glad you came out and said it.

Make America proud!

(and by the way, I am doing what I love in a country I adore and making a nice living from it too... so let's not hit the 'envy' accusations. I did what you're doing for several years and made money off of that. Hence why it'll be fun to watch QJ go the way of the dodo... aka every other "network" attempt :) )

sucks the premium membership, free psp, affiliation etc. didn't work out though! thought those would rocket ya to > IGN

I enjoy this thread too actually... great to get the true colors out there.

wowfan
February 8th, 2006, 12:00
Nah, only thing I'll nitpick is that.
If making money off the freetime endeavours of homebrew authors is what you love, I'm glad you came out and said it.

Make America proud!

(and by the way, I am doing what I love in a country I adore and making a nice living from it too... so let's not hit the 'envy' accusations. I did what you're doing for several years and made money off of that. Hence why it'll be fun to watch QJ go the way of the dodo... aka every other "network" attempt :) )

sucks the premium membership, free psp, affiliation etc. didn't work out though! thought those would rocket ya to > IGN

I enjoy this thread too actually... great to get the true colors out there.

so, when will you answer my post with the proof of 'tainting the wiki'. among other links like ameblo and enpi, which you still havent shown. im just worried that you will say 'the proof is right here, read clays posts,' when in fact thats giving the run-around because you have no server logs proving the ip is jeffs and im still waiting for the ameblo and enpi links.

also, why do you care about ign so much? what could you have possibly done because you say you used to work for them but i have never heard what that position was, a writer? got links? besides, ign is so slow news anyways..

Smiths
February 8th, 2006, 22:43
IGN is coprorate and only requires a daily update featuring the better news of the day. Always has, always will.

Your argument is like saying TIME Magazine is just "so slow news anyways.."

Oh and with the links I gave before on the wiki you can check out timestamps of latest changes. Funny how one has the PSP GBA emulator linked to DCEmu's release thread, then a few minutes after it is posted "so slow news" at P$PU, the link was changed to QJ.

You sure like to defend Jeff for being a simple WoW fan.

And I wasn't aware my resume was needed in this argument. :)

And re: FilePlanet linking (nice to update that post long after it had been replied to, Frozen): Atari is corporate, oh well for them not getting a link.
We're talking individuals with other jobs coding in their spare time. Linking to them on your download site is just a little case of showing r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Of course, if I was paying people $4 for a news story or $10 for "big news", I wouldn't care about posting properly. Shit, If I knew about that I woulda been submitting my programs (that Clay says I've never made apparently) to you guys.
Let's see.... coupla unofficial RINs, unofficial SNES, little Nesters here and there, and 4 NeoCDs? Coulda gotten a nice $50 from your non-enthusiast site.

Curse you wraggy!!!

wowfan
February 9th, 2006, 01:04
IGN is coprorate and only requires a daily update featuring the better news of the day. Always has, always will.

Your argument is like saying TIME Magazine is just "so slow news anyways.."

Oh and with the links I gave before on the wiki you can check out timestamps of latest changes. Funny how one has the PSP GBA emulator linked to DCEmu's release thread, then a few minutes after it is posted "so slow news" at P$PU, the link was changed to QJ.

You sure like to defend Jeff for being a simple WoW fan.

And I wasn't aware my resume was needed in this argument. :)

And re: FilePlanet linking (nice to update that post long after it had been replied to, Frozen): Atari is corporate, oh well for them not getting a link.
We're talking individuals with other jobs coding in their spare time. Linking to them on your download site is just a little case of showing r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Of course, if I was paying people $4 for a news story or $10 for "big news", I wouldn't care about posting properly. shit, I I knew about that I woulda been submitting my programs (that Clay says I've never made apparently) to you guys.
Let's see.... coupla unofficial RINs, unofficial SNES, little Nesters here and there, and 4 NeoCDs? Coulda gotten a nice $50 from your non-enthusiast site.

Curse you wraggy!!!

bleh.. once again, no links to anything. it's not that i'm defending jeff, im just asking you for proof to backup your rants - which still hasnt been brought to light.

as far as the ign thing, that was just curiousity, and it seems that you dont want to share for whatever reason - be it position or something else - and thats fine whatever.

i guess clay is right in saying people wont change because in your last 2 responses to me you still have not answered with what i was asking for - links. im done because it doesnt seem like i will ever get a direct answer, and im sure you know the saying about 'arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics.'

Smiths
February 10th, 2006, 06:49

Totally thought I was done until Jeffy Jeff Chen posts ScummVM and once again did the P$PU method of WHOOPS I left out the link to http://scummvm.org/downloads.php

But thanks for the e-mail! We source everyone properly! Girl power!

Don't make claims of sourcing everything and yelling at me then have one of your editors once again prove that -- oopsey -- you don't!

Eggamuhface!
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gbatools/sourcing.gif

wowfan
February 11th, 2006, 01:47
smiths, i guess it just goes to proove the known fact that people arent perfect.. i saw that last night and looked here, but mr. source police failed to look elsewhere before spouting off, as usual. oh and if you notice - NJ has a source link, and the authors webpage if you click on 'download now' is old. go get em smokey, and after that focus on the websites with loaders.

and afterwards, please respond to my last request for proof. its been three posts now and i havent seen anything? =( o well, i didnt have my hopes set too high anyways its ok...

kyus
February 11th, 2006, 01:52
Smiths... we don't care.

You're an awesome coder dude, but... take a break from the computers and caffeine. I've only just started coding, but I've been a writer for years. I was being quoted in a few places without any form of thanks, but I didn't really care much. Everytime I saw something I had written, I smiled.

I would see the point in your possessed method of posting in this thread if PSPupdates were taking credit for the work of others, or were selling their homebrew at a profit, but frankly, PSPU is just that other big PSP site we all visit. They have a different method of operation from DCEMU, but that's not for you to judge. No laws are being broken amigo.

Clay, kudos on your last few posts dude :)

I'll personally continue using both sites, and hopefully in time there will be no love lost between you guys.