PDA

View Full Version : Six reasons why PSN is the BEST

wraggster
February 6th, 2009, 16:00
Free access / No double fees: Unlike Xbox Live, there's no annual service fee to access PSN. You also don't have to pay a Netflix subscription (because there's no Netflix!) and have the FREE ability to purchase whatever video content you want! Video content on the go: The PSN's video delivery service allows you to transfer certain types of content between your PS3 and PSP at no additional charge (unless your PSP's battery is in need of ... a charge). Faster download speeds: After a lengthy study, the respected scientists at the MTV Multiplayer labs have proven PSN downloads to be faster than all other current systems. Especially if you're downloading Mega Man 9. Quality HD experiences: The PSN gives you HD content in a reliable way -- there's no waiting for streaming connections like on Xbox Live. Connections which might not ever be made.
Blu-ray and streaming: Streaming is awesome, especially when you use it to watch videos through PS3's web browser! You can also download HD movies from the PlayStation Store or buy them on Blu-ray disc. Relevant new releases: Um, Max Payne is out now on Blu-ray! So, what do you think?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/six-reasons-why-psn-is-the-best/

acn010
February 6th, 2009, 17:24
he has my vote! :D

Ultima Chocochu
February 6th, 2009, 19:58
Hard to fight with free.
Strange this is though, my downloads go faster off a Japanese server than US XD
But my friends go fast off the US server.

Edit: Doesn't XBOX Live also have a limit to how big the downloadable games are? Correct me if I am wrong.

olivianixon
February 7th, 2009, 13:34
On a PSN vs WII basis, i would agree that the PSN is the best, altho i can't say much for the xboxlive as i do not have it. I love how the PSN is sort of region free compared to the wii online offering.

I used entropay before but for some reason it stopped working on the US PSN stores, so now i'm buying my US PSN cards from gaminglue.

Triv1um
February 7th, 2009, 18:20
Live is better.

But the gaming experience on Live is better, but the PSN store is better. (Although, Live has Rez HD ;))

Ultima Chocochu
February 8th, 2009, 02:23
I've heard many mixed things about Live, but not having it and all I can't really say...Course I can't really say for Wii either XD
Course, who pits the Wii against anything anyways?

Accordion
February 8th, 2009, 19:14
My reason:

Playstation is the only console format really dedicated to online distribution.
Standard, user upgradable HDD, Content sharing, friendly DRM, free service and full games offered over PSN are the true innovations in console online services that are too often overlooked.

lipanz
February 13th, 2009, 05:49
i only have 1 reason, it's free.. other than that, XBL is better...

Baboon
February 13th, 2009, 10:27
Live is better.

But the gaming experience on Live is better, but the PSN store is better. (Although, Live has Rez HD ;))

Plus R-type Dimensions, TMNT, Streets Of Rage 2, Sensible Soccer, Ikaruga, Alien Hominid HD, Doom, Worms, HD Castlevania SOTN, SF2 HD remix - which works great online in comparison (plus its still not out on psn outside of america lol), Braid, Castle Crashers, Bomberman Live....

i only have 1 reason, it's free.. other than that, XBL is better...

Thats the only decent thing I can think off too.