PDA

View Full Version : Six reasons why PSN is the BEST

wraggster
February 6th, 2009, 16:00
Free access / No double fees: Unlike Xbox Live, there's no annual service fee to access PSN. You also don't have to pay a Netflix subscription (because there's no Netflix!) and have the FREE ability to purchase whatever video content you want! Video content on the go: The PSN's video delivery service allows you to transfer certain types of content between your PS3 and PSP at no additional charge (unless your PSP's battery is in need of ... a charge). Faster download speeds: After a lengthy study, the respected scientists at the MTV Multiplayer labs have proven PSN downloads to be faster than all other current systems. Especially if you're downloading Mega Man 9. Quality HD experiences: The PSN gives you HD content in a reliable way -- there's no waiting for streaming connections like on Xbox Live. Connections which might not ever be made.
Blu-ray and streaming: Streaming is awesome, especially when you use it to watch videos through PS3's web browser! You can also download HD movies from the PlayStation Store or buy them on Blu-ray disc. Relevant new releases: Um, Max Payne is out now on Blu-ray! So, what do you think?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/six-reasons-why-psn-is-the-best/

BJK
February 6th, 2009, 22:31
I think Steam is better really, since it provides tools for server creating/source editing for games.

superadamwo
February 6th, 2009, 23:14
Lol this is the most hilariously biased artice I've read in ages.
"the FREE ability to purchase"?

Spanishpeacock
February 7th, 2009, 00:49
Lol, what about the Wii? Didn't even mention it's online services, like being able to get virtual console games, weather channel, etc. and you have "the FREE ability to purchase" whatever you want on that too.

And you can play Gamecube games on it without having to buy a more expensive model.

JangleBones
February 7th, 2009, 03:07
I'ma have to agree with the bias of this article. You don't HAVE to have Netflix just because you have xbox live and you don't HAVE to pay to get online...you only really pay for the ability to play mutiplayer games online(which is reflected in the quality of Microsoft's awesome online network). Me-thinks joystiq needs to stop finding writers that don't know what they're talking about

jrsmaster411
February 7th, 2009, 17:04
I'ma have to agree with the bias of this article. You don't HAVE to have Netflix just because you have xbox live and you don't HAVE to pay to get online...you only really pay for the ability to play mutiplayer games online(which is reflected in the quality of Microsoft's awesome online network). Me-thinks joystiq needs to stop finding writers that don't know what they're talking about

What do you mean you don't have to pay to get online? isn't playing multiplayer online the same thing as getting online?

ICE
February 7th, 2009, 18:15
If you disregard money LIVE is better. However if you, like me, think that paying money to play online is robbery then PSN should be your choice. Online gaming should be about as base as possible and to ask money for the ability to do it when no one else is is ridiculous. That and my fear of them dying are the sole reasons I own a PS3, not a 360.

LAMPRO
February 7th, 2009, 18:32
If you disregard money LIVE is better. However if you, like me, think that paying money to play online is robbery then PSN should be your choice. Online gaming should be about as base as possible and to ask money for the ability to do it when no one else is is ridiculous. That and my fear of them dying are the sole reasons I own a PS3, not a 360.

my thoughts exactly...
ima new ps3 owner