PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Boss Says Japanese Market "Least Robust" In The World

wraggster
February 6th, 2009, 16:04
In Japan, the DS and PSP are wildly popular. But what about home consoles? Despite being the home ground for two of this generation's three machines, things aren't looking as rosy.

That's according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, anyway, who says:

Perhaps, the Japanese market is the least robust market in the world today with regard to home console systems. In the U.S., the home console market is very robust. If the U.S. sold two or three times as much as Japan, it would be tolerable. Yet, I feel that something is wrong when the U.S. is selling ten times as much as Japan on a weekly basis. So, I do not believe Nintendo should be content with the current situation in the Japanese market and believe that we have other methods to confront this.

Like telling Microsoft Japan and Sony to life their game, perhaps?

http://kotaku.com/5147752/nintendo-boss-says-japanese-market-least-robust-in-the-world

Qmark
February 6th, 2009, 18:18
What the hell is that Taito thing in the picture? A Wii flight simulator?

apex05
February 6th, 2009, 18:56
I really hope home consoles don't become as popular in Japan, i mean the USA is a very lazy country, and the fact Japan prefers handhelds shows they interested in other activities as well

trugamer
February 6th, 2009, 21:45
Yes, the WHOLE of America is very lazy :rolleyes:

You might want to rephrase that before is transatlantic abuse comes your way ;)

apex05
February 6th, 2009, 22:49
Yeah you probably right!!! Let's just call it a lazy culture... Phew! I think i just avoided a transatlantic belly war.

Shadowblind
February 6th, 2009, 22:58
I really hope home consoles don't become as popular in Japan, i mean the USA is a very lazy country, and the fact Japan prefers handhelds shows they interested in other activities as well

M8, thats one serious stereotype. The working class would like to have a word with you.