PDA

View Full Version : The Underrated Curse

Blue Protoman
February 7th, 2009, 02:44
It's a new term I'm trying to coin. Basically, it's when anything got less attention or sold less than it deserved. Anything that's good, but didn't sell to well so there probably isn't a follow-up. I'll start.

Things that suffer from the Underrated Curse:

-EarthBound (SNES)
-Nintendo Virtual Boy
-Sega Dreamcast
-Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)
-Nintendo Gamecube
-Nintendo 64

Your thoughts?

Darksaviour69
February 7th, 2009, 02:52
Jet Set Radio future (xbox) ;)

mike_jmg
February 7th, 2009, 06:07
I don't know, that term could be applied to all the things very few people liked.

But I think I have some examples

Brave story new traveler - I underrated this game until someone in the forums recomended it to me, and I was blown away, I loved it, although none of my friends liked it

Also, I think advertising or lack of advertising is what causes this phenomenon

Like for me Zone of the Enders the 2nd runner is one of the best PS2 games, yet very few people know about it (as far as I know)

jamotto
February 7th, 2009, 08:32
Crush (PSP)
Exit (PSP)
Army of Two (PS3)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (Xbox 360)

dejkirkby
February 7th, 2009, 12:17
The Immortal (Megadrive/Genesis)
Pure (PS3)

Malksta
February 7th, 2009, 13:58
SHENMUE! I miss you!

Triv1um
February 7th, 2009, 18:17
SHENMUE! I miss you!

Really? I hate that game, I've got Shenmue 2 for my Dreamcast, and it got played once. Most Boring game ever.

Burnout Paradise is a very underrated game.

But the most underrated game is Rez for Dreamcast (and ps2, but the dreamcast one is better.)

Accordion
February 7th, 2009, 19:07
ICO.

Even if the worlds population proclaimed it as the greatest game creation of all time…*it would still be underrated.

Blue Protoman
February 7th, 2009, 21:08
You're thinking of overrated. Overrated is when something gets more attention than it deserves. (Do I have to bring up Pac-Man on the Atari 2600?) Underrated is when something gets less attention than it deserves. (EarthBound)

Accordion
February 7th, 2009, 22:17
You're thinking of overrated. Overrated is when something gets more attention than it deserves. (Do I have to bring up Pac-Man on the Atari 2600?) Underrated is when something gets less attention than it deserves. (EarthBound)

Who?

I know what i said…

Blue Protoman
February 8th, 2009, 01:07
EarthBound got less attention than it deserved. Didn't sell to well. It was a SNES game. As soon as you finish reading this post, go out and download the ROM of EarthBound. (It's the game that features Ness. He was in Smash Bros.)

Oh, and now I realize what you mean from your post. Silly me. :P

Shadowblind
February 8th, 2009, 01:09
Tales of Vesperia