PDA

View Full Version : PSPRadio 0.38.03 (2006-02-03)

wraggster
February 5th, 2006, 12:06
Raf (http://pspradio.berlios.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=252&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) and the rest of the PSPRadio Dev Team have released a new preview version of the internet radio client for the PSP.

What's new:
0.38.03 (r767) (2006-02-03)
NEW FEATURES
(sandberg) 3DUI: Messages from the PSPRadio (e.g. when downloading the list from shoutcast.com) are now shown in a separate panel. (r746)
(sandberg) 3DUI: The UI now supports 4 different fonts (Lists, Scroller, System info and Messages/Errors). (r747)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Both messages and errors are now displayed using the native panels, scaled to fit the message length. (r748)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Support for colored native panels has been added, which is used for the message and error panels. (r748)
(raf) TextUI: Now clock format is still compatible and configurable as in 0.37-Final. New mode added (0). If set to that in the config file, then the format is retrieved from the system configuration. (r752)
(raf) Core: Now MP3 report the current elapsed time (r755)
(raf) TextUI: Added support to display current (implemented) and total (not implemented) time of the playing stream. (r755)
(raf) Core: Now total time is also calculated for MP3s (VBR MP3 will probably show wrong data). (r756)
(sandberg) Core: Added support for visualization effects has been added. (r757)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Visualization panel added the the 3DUI. (r757)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Added support for using different skins on the main panels and the message/error panels. (r757)
(raf) Core: OGG Files now also report their time (r758)
(raf) Core: Switched from Tremor to regular OGG Vorbis library (slower, but may solve issues with ogg processing) (r759)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Added support for displaying current and total time for local files. (r760)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Update to r760 to handle the case where the total time isn't known. (r761)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Cleanup of the graphics (new fonts, panels etc.). (r762)
(raf) Core/TextUI: Now the system differientiates between the selected(highlighted) track, and the currently playing track. This is shown using different colors on the TextUI. (r764)
(sandberg) 3DUI: Background modified to include space for the playtime/total time. (r763)
(raf) Core: Changed versioning scheme. Hopefully less people will be confused now...
(raf) TextUI: The folder of the currently playing track is now highlighted. (r766)
BUG FIXES
(sandberg) Core/3DUI: Rearranged the order of the VBlank operations to remove some of the jitter on the UI. (r745)
(sandberg) Core: [ Bug #6256 ] WiFi logging is always enabled (r754)
(raf) Core: Fixed a bunch of small issues related to pausing/playing/changing tracks both using the buttons and HPRM. The current implementation should be a lot more reliable/intuitive. (r766)

Download via the comments.

Amiga
February 5th, 2006, 16:01
i have to say this programme rocks :D

lilvietquoc
February 5th, 2006, 17:57
i wish i had a router!
o well, probly just go to mcdonalds or something and use their routers
MWHAHA- but this program seems to be worth the download - AND PROBLY IS!
i just gotta find a router to give a true opinion

MadMonkee
February 5th, 2006, 18:49
Only reason why I am still not Firmware 2.00

Festizzio
February 5th, 2006, 19:15
I'd love to try this new version, but my headphone jack broke and no sound is coming out of the speakers, and even if the sound worked, I upgraded to 2.6 anyways (I figured I'd be getting a new one soon anyways, so what the hell), and on top of that, my PSP was stolen yesterday (all in one week). That's what I meant to say, Jman.

Also, @MadMonkee, this works on 2.00, I've tried it.

jman420
February 5th, 2006, 20:29
it wont work for me, i just downloaded it, and when i set the wifi to use my active wifi, it says "network error" and i cant find a good reason why it would do that, plus festizzio, if you tried it on a 2.0 psp, then why would you regret uprgrading??

MaxSMoke
February 5th, 2006, 23:12
PSP Radio just keeps looking more and more amazing all of the time. Too bad Sony won't pick this up for a commercial app.

All it's prefect though. I've found two bugs little bugs:

#1. Auto-Wifi Start doesn't seem to work when the program is started up. I set the option, saved it, but after restarting it still wouldn't auto-connect to my Router.

#2. It crashes in "3D" model after about 2 to 5 minutes. I'm not too sure of the exact time, but this is a hard-lockup. No PSP controls work, and the PSP resets itself after about 30 seconds.

BTW, isn't the 3D model suppose to be 3D? It looks more like a revamp of the 2D mode. Also, what happened to the 2D mode? All I see is Text and 3D, now.

omniosiris
February 6th, 2006, 00:57
it wont work for me, i just downloaded it, and when i set the wifi to use my active wifi, it says "network error" and i cant find a good reason why it would do that I have the exact same problem, and I even tested the wifi connection with the PSP network connection utility and it works fine, and suggestions?
Edit:nvm, I just restarted it and it worked

MaxSMoke
February 6th, 2006, 13:53
I've messed around with PSP Radio some more. It looks like most problems come from the "3D" mode. In 2D mode, the settings are saved correctly, the WiFi will auto-start, and I've listened to the music for HOURS without a crash. But in 3D mode, settings are often not saved, WiFi only auto-starts half the time, and it crashes in about 2 to 5 minutes.

Also, I remember the old 3D mode, which was 3D. This 3D mode isn't 3D at all. It looks like the 2D mode with some new features and looks.

Does Raf read this forum? Maybe I should be directing this feedback somewhere else?

sti3
February 6th, 2006, 20:58
there is an official pspradio forum. http://pspradio.berlios.de

Illegal Machine
February 6th, 2006, 21:07
I LOVE PSPRADIO

top notch all the way

crazy_biker420
February 7th, 2006, 20:40
this works but crashes soon after every time or freezez or just stops working for no reason than you have to reset your psp