PDA

View Full Version : Black DS Lite Has Been Discontinued

wraggster
February 10th, 2009, 18:07
According to this supposed GameStop daily newsletter, the DS Lite Onyx handheld has been discontinued. The newsletter reads:

DS Lite Onyx hardware systems have been discontinued and stores will no longer be replenished on this product. Once your store sells through its current stock of this item, please remove any empty DS Onyx display boxes (onyx color only) from the sales floor and discard. Please continue to display the other colors of the DS Lite system display boxes on the sales floor (eye level and above perimeter of DS software section, above the DS accessory section, etc).

This isn't unusual. The White DS Lite was apparently discontinued and replaced by the Silver DS Lite. If this is true, could it mean the Onyx DS Lite has been discontinued to make way for the black DSi?

http://kotaku.com/5150239/black-ds-lite-has-been-discontinued

royvedas
February 10th, 2009, 18:17
I got my trusty old black DS Lite. F*** DSi.

wraggster
February 10th, 2009, 18:19
i dislike very much that nintendo are turning their region free consoles into region specific, if they think this will stop piracy then they are grossly mistaken

carlitx
February 10th, 2009, 20:12
My thoughts exactly royvedas and wraggster.

And for the record Piracy is not a problem. It is an excuses that corporations use. cause how does piracy effect past sales when pirates don't buy games! Sure they could be making that little extra, but excuse non the less.

DO NOT, start trying to flame me and argue the point. it's my opinion and a very valid one.

goshogun1
February 10th, 2009, 22:41
Waaah! I have a black DS. Looks the coolest IMO. Too bad it's being discontinued.