PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Prize Giveaway: X-Blades

Darksaviour69
February 10th, 2009, 20:10
X-Blades sees players controlling an enchanting anime-style heroine who must battle through a host of locations using guns, blades, magic and a nice arse! After finding an ancient treasure map she sets off on the most dangerous adventure she's ever faced and quickly finds herself outmanned (outwomaned? ) and outgunned. Ayumi must fend off rival treasure seekers, hordes of evil creatures and powerful dark forces in order to survive. X-Blades will be released in the UK on the 20/02/2009.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/670-4/XBlades_XB360_UK_box_front.jpg

To celebrate the release SouthPeak and DCEmu have teamed up to give away 3 X-Blades games
plus a few other goodies, the prizes are :

1st: X-Blades for the the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera and 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

2nd: X-Blades for the the Xbox 360 and an Xbox 360 wireless controller

3rd: X-Blades for the the Xbox 360

This contest is only open to residents of the UK only

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/684-4/X-Blades_1-16-09c.jpg (http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/690-3/X-Blades_1-16-09c.jpg)

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

Can you give a logical reason why heroines are better fighters when they have less clothes, in games?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Monday the 23th of February 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the UK please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.[/QUOTE]

bobdotexe
February 10th, 2009, 20:25
They get a better range of movement.
Also in most video games girls are faster than guys ,
plus the enimy will spend more time staring than fighting :rofl:

too bad I don't live in uk, I live in US...

DrBlue
February 10th, 2009, 21:45
I'm a UK resident :)

It's got to be down to better heat dissipation.

Heroes (or heroines) wearing lots of pesky clothes are bound to be slowed down due to the build up of excessive heat.

That's got to be right...hasn't it?

Category
February 10th, 2009, 21:55
It's all about wind-resistance. Less clothes means faster movements, less chance of snagging, and less weight. The only way a barely-clothed woman could perform better in combat would be through a healthy application of massage oil!

(And the distraction element doesn't hurt!)

stevo11185
February 10th, 2009, 21:57
Less air resistance so they can fight with more speed.
Also, less clothes also makes you more vunerable, meaning that the person has to be highly skilled to avoid having their legs cut off or any other members. However girls with big boobs might have a bit of a tough time dragging their melons around the battlefield.

MicroNut
February 10th, 2009, 22:03
Its all about what kind of ass you want to stare at for the next 40 hours of game play.
Good lord, the girls got no pants and a tight...

flaminfox
February 10th, 2009, 22:11
i already got the iso not bad, but gets repetive, just the ass keeps you interested lol, wait till nude mods lmao

beetroot bertie
February 10th, 2009, 22:44
No, I cannot give a logical reason.

juiceface
February 10th, 2009, 23:00
Who says they are better fighters with clothes on?

Samus seemed to kick much more ass with her cloths on.

"I'm not entering the contest" thanks

apex05
February 11th, 2009, 00:27
Because it causes male opponents some erratic sword play

darkriku2000
February 11th, 2009, 02:37
not entering (us resident :( )

though i'd say that less clothes makes it easier to move, since guys are (scientifically speaking) naturally stronger, they can wear heaver armor and take more hits, the girls however would need to rely on agility (stereotypically speaking of course)

in case you couldn't guess by all the PC side notes DON'T FLAME ME FOR STATING SCIENTIFIC FACTS

man I want this game, guess I'll just have to buy it

RV2006
February 11th, 2009, 06:14
- Increases their speed, attractiveness (in most cases), and have the potential to startle and stun men.
- less clothes allows a heroine to connect to her inert aggressive nature, and allows them to kick more ass with less restrictions.
- heroines would only worry about ruining their clothes if they wore em anyway

Triv1um
February 11th, 2009, 14:35
So the enemy that the heroine is fighting stops, and says "Hey good lookin', fancy coming round my place for some 'hot coffee'."

Then the heroine can kill the ememy while it's still drooling over the half naked heroine.

unigamer
February 11th, 2009, 14:42
Their (male) foes are distracted and vulnerable.

Nookadum
February 11th, 2009, 16:11
True reason IRL: (not entering the contest)

Would you rather stare at a male (for male players) character for hours straight or a female character? :P Enough said.

Hawq
February 11th, 2009, 16:21
Because it improves game sales, cynical answer maybe but you know it's what the marketing & design guys are thinking

trugamer
February 11th, 2009, 19:17
Intimidation. Someone must be good if they don't need armour ;)

adekunle
February 11th, 2009, 20:13
they dont have as much weight on so there not being weighted down and are able to move faster and more freely

marovada
February 11th, 2009, 21:57
It's much harder to defend with one hand.

(not UK resident)

Malksta
February 12th, 2009, 17:13
Because the majority of gamers are guys who love to see clothless chicks.

mike_jmg
February 13th, 2009, 22:18
@Malksta
IMO you win

The Hombrew Hunter
February 15th, 2009, 01:53
Why do heroines fight better?

They don't! Ha, ha, easy now.

Can't enter. Stupid U.S.

basilb
February 15th, 2009, 12:51
Can you give a logical reason why heroines are better fighters when they have less clothes, in games?

[/QUOTE]

When they are fighting, especially with 'x' amount of blades, there is likely to be alot of blood and gore spilled.
Aside from an expensive dry cleaning bill, if a heroine continued to fight in alot of blood drenched clothes (also as it coagulated), she would find them a hinderence to her fighting ability.
Therefore, heroines are better fighters when they have less clothes on. Just ask Red Sonja.

goan02
February 15th, 2009, 22:28
It puts other competitors off as they wunder where the rest of there clothes have gone. It also make them lighter and more aerodynamic :p

Triv1um
February 16th, 2009, 10:22
When they are fighting, especially with 'x' amount of blades, there is likely to be alot of blood and gore spilled.
Aside from an expensive dry cleaning bill, if a heroine continued to fight in alot of blood drenched clothes (also as it coagulated), she would find them a hinderence to her fighting ability.
Therefore, heroines are better fighters when they have less clothes on. Just ask Red Sonja.

This is not a entry, just a reply
WINNER.

DarrenIndeed
February 23rd, 2009, 03:34
All the most obvious answers are gone already I see. Maybe it is psycohlogical? Like, if the heroine was wearing more clothes, she would be conforming to societies rules, and feel like she was too normal and boring to perform such super-human feats?

Or maybe she just is better than more clothed heroines and just happens to like wearing less? Who knows.

JushinLiger
February 23rd, 2009, 12:06
The logical reason is that all of these heroines have a fetish that involves chopping zombies/ninjas etc up in very little.

Also I think we should award marovada an honourable mention for his excellent reasoning.

jp_zer0
February 23rd, 2009, 14:26
Because it is a perfect distraction!

User Name
February 23rd, 2009, 18:02
Less clothes means faster movements to evade attacks. Faster stronger attack capes may look cool but if your running you might get your cape caught and lose the entire game. They sometimes look better without em too not to mention Sonic only wears gloves look at how fast he is I mean come on. And then your also more felxible to do better combos leading up to some serious damage and leathal attacks.

carolgreenwood
February 23rd, 2009, 23:29
Women can use their secret boob attacks :)

Darren Cross
February 23rd, 2009, 23:32
in a word the disctraction factor, fighting a semi clad female makes you less wanting to kick butt

Anger
February 24th, 2009, 01:46
simple - it makes em lighter and therefore faster. of course theres also the bonus of distraction, and also who wants to fight a fully clothed woman when you can be beaten to a pulp by a scantily clad one. :P

Darksaviour69
February 24th, 2009, 09:24
Contest Closed

Winners will be notified soon

Triv1um
February 24th, 2009, 10:02
Good luck to everyone :)

mcdougall57
February 25th, 2009, 01:05
**** too late. LOL.

wed5366
March 5th, 2009, 00:00
because it makes them lighter and faster when fighting! :)