PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL 0.3 for PSP Released

miemt11
February 6th, 2006, 01:47
Yoyofr thunderz, and laxer3a (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) have released a new version of possibly the best emulator bar none on the PSP, heres the info

<blockquote>Since v0.3, there's 2 versions :
- standard, running in user mode, allowing firmware 2.0+ psp.
- me, running in kernel mode and using the Media Engine for sound mixing, only working on firmware 1.0 & 1.5 psp.

here the change

Snes9xTYL 0.3 - 2006/02/06
--------------------------
[NEW] mode 7 optimizations when no rotation is used (maps in rpg, ...). Does not apply to fzero, mario kart, ...
[NEW] now 2 versions ! the "me" one is using media engine for sound mixing.
[NEW] roms can be deleted from file browser (press SELECT).
[NEW] savestates can deleted from menu.
[NEW] screen adjustement (pseudo calibration) to get rid of those nasty black borders!
[NEW] minor GUI adjustements (easily swap analog/pad, easier navigation with triggers)
[NEW] now accept 8bpp and 24bpp logo.bmp background file.
[NEW] new logo from pochi.
[FIX] some rendering & internal emulation core bugs.
[FIX] stability issues & memory card corruption should be gone (at least on my psp).
[FIX] debug settings are now correctly saved .</blockquote>

Download Both Versions via comments

pinbi7
February 6th, 2006, 01:49
woah that was fast!

posted this about 30sec ago :D(make that 10min)

I'm about to try it,so i'll keep you posted

i have 2.0 BTW

aries2k4
February 6th, 2006, 01:56
Ya i,ve been waiting for this. got to get some sleep,can only try tomorrow.
Thanks alot and keep em coming. lol

SkankinMonkey
February 6th, 2006, 02:00
yayayay

TheEmulatorGuy
February 6th, 2006, 02:04
Earlier he claimed that because of some new feature, the FPS would be the same as it normally would without sound.

It's 333mhz, sound at 11khz and its going at 30-35 fps. Even if the sound is turned off it goes slow. UoSNES9x is still better, and by the looks of this it always will be.

[Edit: Some games run fine and with sound, but some games run slower than UOSnex9x even with sound turned off.]

[Edit: I'm sorry for that criticism. I am playing Donkey Kong 2 right now. 333mhz, 1:1 ration with sound on. It has been going at 60 fps the whole time. Excellent work!]

pinbi7
February 6th, 2006, 02:06
it works fine on 2.0(fanjita eboot loader)

i have yet to see any improvement in the speed department(i'll have to try it out some more)

i love the new "calibration" feature
and deleting the roms from the browser (:))

pinbi7
February 6th, 2006, 02:29
i take back what i said about the speed

EVERY ONE SET YOUR SOUND FREQUENCY TO 44Khz!

allright guys,i got some weird results also

if you experience slowdowns try setting the sound to 44Khz

i tried Metroid(& contraIII) and got horrible slow down with my original settings (22Khz) even if i changed the frame skip

then i set the sound to 44Khz and frameskip one(1) and i get perfectly smooth gameplay

oh yeah i have a PSP (2.0)

and this is probably the best EMU on PSP at the moment (NEO-GEO psp CD is pretty good also :D)

i just wanted to say: Merci infiniment pour tout Yoyofr,tout t'est effort sont grandement aprécié

Vampyronight
February 6th, 2006, 02:30
The speed seems better for the 'me' version, but the lack of ability to put the emulator to sleep is kind of a downer.

wazzal7
February 6th, 2006, 02:31
thank you for the new release. hopefully this will work with harvest moon, that was my favorite.

Voltron
February 6th, 2006, 02:44
YES YES YES! The Homebrew Gods have resurfaced this time in the form of YoYo & Team and their SNES9XTYL 0.3. I have a 2.0 PSP and will try this using Fanjita's EBOOT Loader 0.9.

Thank you so much to all who contributed time and talent and also sacrificed to this piece of homebrew history. I will be donating for sure. I hope SNES9XTYL keeps living on and getting stronger.

Festizzio
February 6th, 2006, 02:50
Wow, this is great news!! If I ever get my PSP back, I'll definitely have to try this!
Just curious, has anyone gotten this to work with the GTA eLoader??

gotmilk0112
February 6th, 2006, 03:06
ummm... when it says next to the "Standard" one it says "2.0+". does that mean it can be run on 2.01 2.50 2.60??? ? ? ? ? ???? ?? ?? lol

Festizzio
February 6th, 2006, 03:09
ummm... when it says next to the "Standard" one it says "2.0+". does that mean it can be run on 2.01 2.50 2.60??? ? ? ? ? ???? ?? ?? lol
That's what I want to know...it's certainly hopeful! :D

gotmilk0112
February 6th, 2006, 03:24
O-M-G IT WORKS W/GTA LOADER!!!!!

but it loads then it gives an error then it freezes & shuts down after about 10-15 secs

video attached (its in ASF format so youll need windows media player)

wazzal7
February 6th, 2006, 03:27
thank you for the new release. hopefully this with harvest moon, that was my favorite.

harvest moon dosnt run 100% but its the best ive seen. on another topic, this emulator is what is bringing me back to the homebrew PSP scene. Thank you!!! :)

Kaiser
February 6th, 2006, 03:50
Excellent, downloading.

kayhanbakid
February 6th, 2006, 04:07
I have been eagerly waiting this release and it has been well worth the wait. I see a significant difference.

Super Street Fighter The New Challengers now runs at near perfect speed with sound!!!! :) The non "me" version seem very similar in speed to the previous ver0.2c. Bit it does save state.

I guess I could savestate before I exit the emulator but it makes it a little bit more difficult to just flick it off when class starts.

I look foreward to testing other games and I am eternally grateful for this great emulator. I look foreward to future updates.

Thanks a million for the update and keep up the great work.

onemilewish
February 6th, 2006, 04:46
O-M-G IT WORKS W/GTA LOADER!!!!!

but it loads then it gives an error then it freezes & shuts down after about 10-15 secs

video attached (its in ASF format so youll need windows media player)

Same here :(

tox!n
February 6th, 2006, 05:23
I keep getting a corrupt data message and I'm running 2.0. I read the install file but is there anything I may be doing wrong

ddblue
February 6th, 2006, 05:34
This is definitely a beautiful thing. I waited many a month for this update. My one question though - is a fix coming for sleep mode in the me version? Sleep mode is very important to me.

And to whom it may concern: As I was testing the speed on Final Fantasy 3 (or 6, depending on who you're talking to), a game I played all the way through on the previous version of this emu with no problems, the intro is having graphic errors. I can only see the top half of the screen. Further into the game, it seems to run slower than the old one...

Am I missing something here? My sound is at 44khz, and I'm running at 333mhz.

Valiant
February 6th, 2006, 05:45
Yeah when I tested this...there was a lot of graphic errors for Ogre Battle (heck the game is unplayable due to the graphic errors X_X), also this emu seems to boot up slower in comparison to the .2 version (took a while to get Kirby superstar running). Aside from these problems I was VERY impressed with how Super mario Rpg's speed incread without sound...it runs 60 fps until enemies come up (and battle scene in which it turns to 50 fps). Kirby Superstar runs at 45 FPS with automatic frameskip which is pretty cool too...

Nice job! You are getting closer to perfection ^^

pkmaximum
February 6th, 2006, 06:10
Alright No offense guys. But this is not what I thought it was going to be. One huge feature i was looking foward to. Was the Infrascture, and Ad hoc modes. But when i read the relase text it does not support iether one of them. Do you guys have any idea how mad this made me. Come on guys how great would it be if we could play street fighter against each other. Or play super mario 2 player. Or one of my favorites secret of mana. Come on guys lets ask for multiplayer support!

pkmaximum
February 6th, 2006, 06:13
Someone try to tell me if im wrong honestly. Who would not like multiplayer support. The only emulator i have seen that supports multiplayer so far was that stupid game gear and sega master system emulator. Honestly i could care less about multiplayer on that dumb emulator. Who even knows any roms that support multiplayer on that. I think i speak for everybody when i say multiplayer for snes would be awsome!!!

Valiant
February 6th, 2006, 06:15
Well I would prefer speed improvements which are far by much more important than multiplayer at the moment <_<

ayhoung
February 6th, 2006, 06:16
hey man any emulator on a psp is a good emulator, least the devs took their time to make it. its always good to have more options no?

slayer2psp
February 6th, 2006, 06:17
starfox doesnt work mario kart doesnt work so how is this better? ill stick with the other snes emu intill they work out the problems

dman32
February 6th, 2006, 06:35
tried it on a 2.5 psp using the standard version and it doesnt work...I accept the user agreement thing and it freezes and shuts off

Festizzio
February 6th, 2006, 06:43
zenjiki's settings: (apparently a lot faster)

auto sarestate timer: off
auto save updated sram: off

sound: on
frequency: 44khz

gfx engine: psp accelerated
frameskip: 0
rendering: full
render pal as ntsc: on
smoothing: on
speed linit: on
video sync: off
gamma correction: 2
calibrate screen: just make the screen taller by pressing down untill in you opinion the picture is least distorted as possible, then center the new screen up and down only, untill you think it is centered. Use street fighter as a guide, the black border at the top helps.

xpu clock: 333mhz
show fps: on

DEBUG/HACK MENU

show rendering passes: off

speed hacks: on

ignore fixed colour: off
ignore windows clipping: off
ignore add/sub modes: off
ignore pallette writes: off

fast mode 7: on
no transparency: off
fast sprites on sound fix: on

obj: on
bg0: on
bg1: on
bg2: on
bg3: on

.:PSP1.0:.
February 6th, 2006, 06:50
Guys is it really this bad? What a let down! :(

KriMe
February 6th, 2006, 07:06
I get the same memory stick error then PsP either freezes in the search window or just turns off...

kayhanbakid
February 6th, 2006, 07:45
the speed is better for some games although there are glitches. i am going to be keeping both 0.2c and 0.3 on my memory card.

I have a version 1.5 PSP and have tried both the "me" and standard version. The "me" version runs A LOT faster in the tests i've done, especially with sound.

Is only the standard version working for you 2.0 users? That may be your problem.

shadowprophet
February 6th, 2006, 07:57
I didnt have the option of trying the me version :cool:
its possible it may be better :o

LiNKZiE
February 6th, 2006, 07:58
I dare anyone one here, to try the tyl version 2.c aginst version 3, side by side,
And come back and say version 3 is better.
Theres so much speed difference in version 2.c version 3 makes me sick to look at :(
And yes. no kissing ass. no happy happy joy joy bull shit.
im stright up dissing this pos emulator.
So its got mode seven. big whoop.
its at less then half the speed of version 2.c:(

I did a side by side (like it was even necessary) with my friends psp.
No way man this version 3 is a step back for psp snes emulation. :(

Now dont get me wrong. Im glad the developers are still working on snestyl.
im not dissing them.
But this emu, is not some giant leap foward, In fact its not a giant anything. But a giant let down :(

Again, im not dissing the tyl people.
I cant wait to see what there next project is,
im just not so blind to reality that somone can give me shit and call it soap and believe that :(

And you have a 2.x PSP right?

It seems that only 2.x users are complaining, I haven't test it yet but I will soon (on my 1.5 PSP) (:

Valiant
February 6th, 2006, 08:15
Yeah 1.5 me version seems well for me <_<...my only complaint was MAJOR graphic glitches...and the very slow load for games...(2.0c was much faster at booting up Kirby Superstar <_<)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 6th, 2006, 09:18
MMMMM final fight now runs terrible and worked fine on the previous release other games to that worked before now stutter..messed with setings for over an hour no joy ??? any clues ??

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 6th, 2006, 09:23
Sorted !!!!

Ziim
February 6th, 2006, 09:58
Please post if your using the Godly ME version or the I am not lucky enough to have a 1.5 or less version! There is a huge difference! The ME version is a huge improvement in speed. Are there some Glitches- YES, but a much faster emu. If your not usin ME, im Srry. Im not meaning to Flame, Really. I just dont want all these 2.0+ users angering this team and ceasing development. The ME version is a huge improvement. THANK YOU for all you Hard work!!!!

xenotfw
February 6th, 2006, 10:22
I have only tried Donkey Kong Country 2 (battery is empty -_-) but the speed is very nice! :)

Using ME version (1.5 psp).

Plowking
February 6th, 2006, 10:29
Hopefully any remaining glitches (or new ones) will be ironed out of BOTH versions.

Homebrew should be for everyone with a PSP regardless of version (easier said than done) - but I'll stick to snes 02c as the only problem I've ever had with it is that sometimes a rom that will work wont load (black screen).

Anyone else have that black screen problem, and does v 03 fix that for good?

Speed wise, the games I like to play all run great at 266 frameskip 1 so I'm happy in that regard.

T-2000
February 6th, 2006, 10:47
i thought mario kart had graphics b4 ? now just part graphics part brown screen...lol plz correct me if i wrong ??/

Voltron
February 6th, 2006, 10:49
Okay, I just played around with the 2.00 version for a few hours and its strange. Some games work better than they did with 0.2c if the settings are done right. A lot of games however, don't run as good as they do on 0.2c. I love a lot of the new menu & config options in 0.3.

I am very interested in what settings are working best for people. I have no doubt that the me version for 1.5 Firmware performs better. I'll have to try it out.

Thanks again for this EMU. It is progress and that is surely welcome.

Voltron
February 6th, 2006, 10:51
i thought mario kart had graphics b4 ? now just part graphics part brown screen...lol plz correct me if i wrong ??/

T-2000, just change the gfx mode from PSP ACCELLERATION to PSP ACCU+SOFT and that should display the game correctly. Worked for me.

Plowking
February 6th, 2006, 11:17
Don't have the time to test many games because I'm in work.

But I did a test on Legend of Zelda 3 (as I play that the most) -

In version 03 I could only get a framerate of 20fps with no enemies on screen at 266mhz. When enemies appear it drops to 14-15fps.

In version 02c I get a steady framerate of 30fps with the same settings, and with enemies on screen it only drops to 27-28fps.

I'm delighted that this is still being worked on, as I'm sure it'll be sorted.

(also, the problem I have with the black screen appearing and the ROM's not loading sometimes is still present in the new version 03.)

T-2000
February 6th, 2006, 11:41
T-2000, just change the gfx mode from PSP ACCELLERATION to PSP ACCU+SOFT and that should display the game correctly. Worked for me.

yep thx, still too slow to play though.. great emu for non tasking roms.. :D

Anger
February 6th, 2006, 11:45
i dont want to put the creators of this emu down but this post is directed at those who say it runs games at full speed. quite frankly it doesnt.
i have only a handful of games and they all ran acceptably on my previous version.
try starfox using hardware accelerated only. it doesnt show any of the 3d meaning 3d isnt hardware accelerated yet. turn on approx software or acc software and it then shows but its like a slide show.
starfox2 beta doesnt run yet, and neither does out of this world.
the only games i have that run faster than my current emu is streetfighter alpha 2, mariocart and super empire strikes back.
i dont doubt that they did a lot of work on this emu but in my eyes it has still got some way to go, which is a real shame as i know they have made it a lot better than before. most of the games before were either unplayable or plain didnt work, now at least thats better.
mode7 games seem to run better on this emu however so it is good for the likes of mariocart and for that reason itll be staying on my psp alongside the other version.

Illegal Machine
February 6th, 2006, 11:55
I love it when people diss this crappy emulator because Ive always thought it sucked from day 1

Im a FIRM supporter of Ys efforts, I think these guys should just take his emu and apply the GPU acceleration to it.

Personaly I like to have both the analog and dpad working at the same time, I dunno why i just do

I ALSO like to be able to configure the keys for each game and have it load the rom with all the settings where I like them.

2 BIG things that the Y32 version does that this doesnt.

also. it sounds like CRAPPP

SkankinMonkey
February 6th, 2006, 12:06
I don't know why people are hating so much, if you don't like it, then don't use it. I personally love this emu. I'm using the ME version and playing ff5 and it runs at full speed now on 266 with sound.

This is a free emulator, if you don't like it don't use it, if you're gonna complain, complain by issuing bug reports so the author can fix the bugs, don't complain and make the author want to quit altogether.

Mustang
February 6th, 2006, 12:31
Works really nice for me : clear improvements in Star Wars, Flashback and Street Fighter 2

1.5 ME version. 333 chip speed+ 44 sound freq.

Nice work chaps

sheng
February 6th, 2006, 12:37
I haven't tried this yet... but I pretty sure it's better... just a different kind of better... guys it's only 0.3 ver... I can see that there will be alot of work that is still need to be done... and we are at a turning point... just wait a while things will be improved ^_^

yoyofr
February 6th, 2006, 12:39
ok, enough with stupidity !

here's some things to know :

1/Y's work is nice and there's no war between Y & us, we even thought about
merging our work... But right now we don't have so much time for this

2/if you don't like s9xTYL, then don't use it but stop saying stupid things (hello illegal machine), since
- s9xTYL has settings per game, including configurable input
- speed is most of the time far faster in snes9xTYL
- superfx, sa1 & special chipset games are as slow in Y than s9xTYL since
PSP cannot provide enough cpu power. So starfox will never be playable
- starfox cannot be 3D accelerated, it would require to port the game,
which means nintendo sending us the sourcecode => chances are this never to happen

3/for people having issues with speed, try to delete every files in your PROFILES directory (or at least move then).
I suspect an issue while importing older settings file.

4/me version produces artifacts in sound, I've explained this already on my forum.
The process to move sound mixing to media engine is complex and right now there's still issues with sync between main cpu & me cpu (accessing the same data used for sound data at the same time but with different caches).

5/from my own tests, version 0.2c & standard version 0.3 should have about the same speed. 0.3 should be faster on mode 7 rendering when there's not rotation (more visible in approx soft. render).

6/current me version isn't fullspeed (I mean not what it could be) due to a try to fix the sound artifacts. In fact it fixes nothing (I've noticed that this morning) and it slows the sound mixing a lot.
I'll put a new version soon, still with artifacts :( but faster! :)

7/remember this is done for free and needs huge amount of time to be done.
For example, I spent weeks trying to get network code to be playable, but it ended in too much desync, lost of connection and too slow emulation to be playable.
Regarding this last specific feature (network coding), I suppose I'll publish the
sourcecode so that another coder with 2 psp's & more time will be able to help.

misterp22
February 6th, 2006, 12:41
maybe it runs slow on firmware 2.0+ but on 1.5 it runs great, as far as im concerned its a big improvement, im well happy :) thanks for this great emulator

LiNKZiE
February 6th, 2006, 13:08
5/from my own tests, version 0.2c & standard version 0.3 should have about the same speed. 0.3 should be faster on mode 7 rendering when there's not rotation (more visible in approx soft. render).

^^ There you have it 2.x Complaining users.

First I would like to thank you Yoyo and the rest of the TYL team, for this great emulator, it truly rocks. I have a PSP with firmware1.5 and the speed increase is appreciable (:. Then I would also like to thank you for clearing things up for these ruthless 2.x users who only can blame the emulator. SHAME ON YOU 2.x PSP USERS (Illegal Machine e.g.).

Keep up the great work TYL (:

geise69
February 6th, 2006, 13:23
God damn here come the kids. They all come out of the woodwork when a new release comes up to just complain complain complain and give nothing positive back. Sorry guys but if you upgraded to 2.0+ that's your own fault. Also if you're used to emulation you should know importing settings from older versions of emulators sometimes causes conflict. When in doubt delete the old emu settings and start over. Another thing that would help all of us is messing with settings and reading other people's suggestions before smacking some useless banter on the forums. TYL team this is awesome and everything that I wanted in a new release is in here. Now i'm gonna go play some Contra III since it runs way better now.

montezuma
February 6th, 2006, 13:31
Well, Mario RPG is up to 40 FPS. =D As a great pilot once said "Almost there..."

And, for chrissake, this board is showing me why so many devs have LEFT THE SCENE. INSULTS do not inspire MOTIVATION, you BUTTMONGERING ELEPHANT-DIARHHEA-EATING FLAMERS.

Yoyofr and all the other devs... please know that your supporters greatly outnumber these wastes-of-space, and that they just make themselves more visible because according to them the perfection of your code is more important than basic bodily functions.

Meanwhile the rest of us will wish you the best in your lives, and will welcome any improvements when you wish to give them. One thing I would recommend is releasing the source code, if you haven't already - that way the ungrateful pricks can see for themselves if they can do it any better than you.

Best of luck!

-A Reasonable Individual

Edit: As far as I'm concerned, mods should start warning and then banning "people" that can't be constructive. If we can cull out those sort of people and keep this a positive environment, then maybe the devs will come back to the scene. It's homebrew that kept me and many people I know from regretting buying a PSP, and they continue to do so... but since so many have been scared off, I'm losing hope. Thank god for Yoyofr and friends who're sticking to it with my favorite homebrew program.

SkankinMonkey
February 6th, 2006, 13:40
^ here here, here's to banning non constructive criticism, and i'm drunk too! wooo

Topknot
February 6th, 2006, 13:59
I dare anyone one here, to try the tyl version 2.c aginst version 3, side by side,
And come back and say version 3 is better.
I'll take that dare, I've used both side by side and in my opinion V3 is better.

Using these settings posted in this thread:

calibrate screen: just make the screen taller by pressing down untill in you opinion the picture is least distorted as possible, then center the new screen up and down only, untill you think it is centered. Use street fighter as a guide, the black border at the top helps.

DEBUG/HACK MENU

I've just been playing Killer Instinct and a few other games and they are running better on version 3 on my 2.0 PSP.

Fair enough if you dont like the emulator but how is calling it "crappy", constructive criticism when other people are using it no problems and think its better than version 2? Have your opinion but dont get all smug ala Illegal Machine cos' YOU think its crappy...

indstr
February 6th, 2006, 14:00
i think that because homebrew came to such a mainstream sony console, there are too many people in this scene who don't appreciate the efforts of the coders that are working their asses off to make something FREE and GOOD for you to play, and all you can do is come into these forums and tell them how much their product sucks? **** you people. if you go to any gp32 forum, (or gp2x, the new one), and look at the release threads, you will see constant encouragement from the users.. you don't see people complaining and saying "this release sucks, it doesn't play XY game fast enough, you guys are dumb, you are stupid if you didn't include XYZ features in version Z" .. **** you people, if you don't like a program, don't use it, and go code your own.

maybe psp shouldn't have ever even gotten homebrew capabilities.. :(

Topknot
February 6th, 2006, 14:25
EDIT - Post removed by Topknot... PM sent, problem solved.

nexus68
February 6th, 2006, 14:32
So many stupid post here, it's pathetic. Yoyo come to the GP2x scene and forget these ashole.

Insane1
February 6th, 2006, 14:34
Ok. I tested the non-ME version, and i must say I'm impressed with this version.
First things first however...all you people getting horrific slowdown with 0.3 with the non-me version on PSP 2.00: Adjust your sound settings to 44khz instead of complaining.
I've noticed that in this version, the sound is opposite is what it should be. it's performing BETTER at high khz sound settings. With 11khz-33khz, I'm getting horrific slowdown. At 44khz, I'm playing FFV at full speed with decent settings. And even Super Metroid is running at full speed with frameskip 0 and VSync off. It just seems weird to me that the emulator is functioning better now at high KHZ sound...but I sure as heck ain't complaining. Good speeds with high quality sound is ALWAYS good with me :)

jwilds73
February 6th, 2006, 14:40
The release is a nice improvement over the prior release sure somethings might not work now and some are better but thats the nature of the beast. NEOCDPSP broke NEO Turf Masters for me in 0.7.2 but had the bug fixed that caused it in 0.8. So it's touch and go, gain something in one area break something in another. I for one greatly appreciate the effort these coders put into these programs. Were it not for emulation on the PSP mine would be sitting on a shelf or sold since no new games appeal to me.

Topknot
February 6th, 2006, 14:42
EDIT - Removed by Topknot..... PM sent, problem solved

Anger
February 6th, 2006, 14:58
yoyo your claim that your comment about y's starfox being slower is just plain wrong - its not. i get 20% better fps using his emu for that game. and as previously stated his also runs starfox2. yes yours is faster for some games as previously stated but the majority of the games i have dont play better on yours. i wont compare figures because it could be that all the games i like happen to run badly on your emu - this is possible. like i said before im not trying to bash your hard work, dont take it the wrong way. just from my experience almost all the games i play are slower on your emu with a small exception. and i do have it on my psp as well as y's for the first time. im saddened to hear starfox will never be emulated in hardware - why is that?

yoyofr
February 6th, 2006, 15:13
this is getting totally crazy...
people are now expecting more from homebrews than commercial games!
perhaps it's a sign of the high level homebrews have reached ^=^
sorry if you were expecting more from this release but :

1/ First versions with hardware acceleration already improved things a lot (but yes, not always, depending on the way the original games uses snes hardware)

2/ I have a real life and a real job (pretty time consuming already!)

My goal is to provide the best snes emu on psp. If I cant and Y's emu or another one is better, then I'll be happy and will use this other emulator for my snes sessions ^=^

could someone list the games faster in Y emus, so that I can check what's wrong in mine?
btw, starfox is perhaps faster on Y emu (he's a very good coder too!), but still unplayable imho.

laxer3a
February 6th, 2006, 15:26
Hello everybody,

Thanks to yoyofr for making things clear.

I would like to add something :
We (yoyo and I) know that Y spent a lot more time fixing details,
which we are not doing for various reasons...

Our emu is far from beeing perfect, it lacks also extensive testing (Yoyo and I are too much busy to test many many things...)

So, yes, many people can complain about quality. I do agree with that.
But when people try to compare "carrot" and "tomatoes", it is not the same things... Shape is different, color is different, texture and taste different too.
(personnally I love sliced carrots cooked with olive oil and garlic... :D but thats a completly different subject)

I mean TYL 0.2C or 0.3, the only difference is written in the explaination from yoyo : sound moved from main CPU to ME and hand optimized software for mode7 (non rotating mode)...

So it is strange to see various comment like "it is infinetly slower than the previous version" or whatever comment...

uoSnes9x also is something different, actually I am even glad that such emu exist, because it is different... different means diversity...
diversity means higher probability of survival...
In the "emu-ecosystem" it is good to have multiple emulator for the same platform, each one bringing advantage over the other (same as DNA in evolution when you think about it...)
My only regret is that Y's uoSnes9x is not pushed more deeply by his author in term of "new feature". When I met Y (yes, we met), he told me that he is more interested into making the emu fixed in many details than changing fundamentally the emu (=better UI, good usability, but no real core change compare to the original snes9x)...

So when you have people like our friend shadowprophet that come and say that 0.2c is better... I don't know how they find that... There is no possibility that it is better except sound quality issue due to the ME.

In the worst case, in 2.0+ version, the mode7 only is optimized.
In the 1.0/1.5 version, sound ME + mode7...

And even there is such issue, then there will be a 0.4 and then a 0.5 and then a 0.6... If you are not happy, take the latest version of the source(yoyo will release 0.2c soon I think, didnt had time to do the package I suppose),
compile, and do things yourself... Send back the code, then we will add your name to the emu.

But.. I dont want to hear stuff like "this is a pile of shit...".
I am sorry but if people are not satisfied, it does not authorize you to treat us like shit... Even customer don't do that when they buy a new TV at the supermarket at the next corner.
We do that for free... If you are not happy, you can say it, you can also say WHY you think it is not good. Criticism is always welcome...
But beeing rude, low, with no more than 300 words in your full vocabulary isn't going to help...

Actually please also note that neither yoyofr or I need somebody to lick our ass and say "you are god" "you are genius"...

You know why ? Because I know it already :D (that's for my modesty and sense of humor) and don't need somebody to tell it to me...(even I DO appreciate that other people enjoy my work).
I show it everyday at my company that I am worth 50 dummy programmers, and that on my week-end I do a lot of more fun and more complex stuff than coding emus...

Actually it is also interesting to know that I didnt spent a lot of time playing with this emu and with the PSP in general but spent mostly my time to code for this emu...

So I would be very disappointed if many people complain about it... Most likely because many people are using the wrong settings I believe, and then it is a kind of waste... of time and energy, frustration for everybody.

Now if one know really how to use the emu to the full extend and is still not happy with it, I must agree that it is impacting my motivation.
On the other side, we will always release the previous version source code with the latest version (the reason for that is quite explained on the yoyo's board). So one is free to take it and improve it.
The day yoyo and I will stop this emu, we will release the latest version of the source at the same time as the binary.

Kindest regards to the whole community,
Laxer3A

geise69
February 6th, 2006, 15:29

1/ First versions with hardware acceleration already improved things a lot (but yes, not always, depending on the way the original games uses snes hardware)

My goal is to provide the best snes emu on psp. If I cant and Y's emu or another one is better, then I'll be happy and will use this other emulator for my snes sessions ^=^

could someone list the games faster in Y emus, so that I can check what's wrong in mine?
btw, starfox is perhaps faster on Y emu (he's a very good coder too!), but still unplayable imho.

You have no idea how much I love this release and how much you and everyone have put into this. It really is great work. Also I have no idea about what the hell is wrong with people, but it's been this way in the emulation community since the birth of emulators on windows based pc's. These fine emulators reach people that don't really understand how difficult it can be to code applications on "limited" hardware. They are the normal everyday user that are somewhat interested, but don't quite understand. So once something goes wrong it's all the emulators fault not the users. (even though there's probably a README file explaining). Please don't let this crap get to you. The people that appreciate your hard work here outweigh the "kids" that don't know how to A: read a "README" file B: run an emulator C:give creative criticism. I know it's frustrating, but I want to tell you that this is very very appreciated. Keep doing what you're doing! Also take a break! You deserve it.

Tomppa
February 6th, 2006, 15:33
It's weird, the way people act here is totally unique. Never seen something like this before, anywhere else... This place is for comments you know? Like, telling what you like about the emulator. Opinions. I'm expecting good results on my 1.5 thanks to the me thing. *moves the files to PSP* Good... But I was expecting just a tiny bit more. It's not exactly as fast as the old one without sound with Star Ocean. A little bit slower, but still a lot better, as I now can keep sound on! I'd give this four out of five. Keep it coming :)

E: Oh yeah, when battle starts, it gives different gfx.. I don't know wich one is the wrong one.

shadowprophet
February 6th, 2006, 15:34

The beatles, guns and roses , snes emulation
All good things come to an end, Is there a chance you and y will work things out? If you guys could come togeather on this theres no telling whats possible for the future of psp emulation.

Anger
February 6th, 2006, 15:43
well with tweaked settings it is playable on y's but yes nowhere near full speed of course. and for some reason deleting the profiles folder makes starfox2 run - glitchy as hell but it runs. i have taken a few screenies of the games hopefully they will show the framerates im getting. it seems to be mainly the starwars games and fx games that run faster on his. im not sure if the version im using is an unnofficial y as well.

i was gonna attach the screenshots but theres only one in the dir and it doesnt show the fps.

anyway super starwars return of the jedi - with frameskip set to auto i get about 5-7 fps on the mode7 bits and roughly 10/12 on the rest of it depending on the amount onscreen, and the same roughly for the empire strikes back. mariocart runs about half speed but full fps with frameskip set to auto but i get about 15 fps with a higher frameskip at what i think is aproaching normal speed. starfox basically unplayable averaging 3 fps but we know this is because of the software requirement of the game (does having hardware accel and software mode on force games to use the software or does it combine because that could be a possible reason for the slowdowns.)

also please relax - most of the people here are young kids who dont know how hard it is to write a program let alone an emulator - just ignore em.

ultros
February 6th, 2006, 15:46
ah, yoyo and laxer3a, please don't get angry.
here are many user out there, who apreciate your work und are grateful.
why do you care about the others?

i mean, maybe many users are a bit dissapointed, because the progress you made last summer wasn't continued in constant line.
last summer you released the best portable snes emulator available (notebooks doesn't count here ;) ).
i mean, neither the GP32, GP2X nor GBA has a comparable emulator of snes9xTYL quality. and it seem to came from just out of nowhere.

i am happy that you guys putting your private time into such a project.
thank you :)

yoyofr
February 6th, 2006, 15:56
perhaps we will merge projects in the end... we talked about this once, but it's not gone
further...
as laxer3a told, we don't have the same approach right now.

moreover, regarding the performance issues, according to lodis who posted on my board, it seems 2.0+ psp are really slower compared to 1.5.
Perhaps the way the loader works make some access to psp internals slower....
time will tell!
I'll try to get in touch with fanjita to have more details about this...
moreover v0.3 was compiled with the newest pspsdk, so perhaps something has changed which impact 2.0+ psp...

cal360
February 6th, 2006, 15:58
This emulator is an improvement but some games are still quite slow when playing but they play a lot better than before

Mr.Modem
February 6th, 2006, 15:58
It's sad to see how many people that are complaining about this release. I think you've done a marvelous job with this emulator. Most people don't realize what a huge effort you've done with the ME processor. This is currently the only homebrew app for PSP that uses the ME processor (with a few exceptions like PMP). I hope to see more emulators utilizing this processor in the future. Keep up the good work!

Ziim
February 6th, 2006, 16:01
YO SNESTYL TEAM!!!! I have been here since hello world. Your emulator is a fantastic piece of code. I think I speak for a majority of THE REAL Hombrew Scene when i say screw these other people!!! All the work you put into the emu(and it is noticable)is much appreciated. I am sorry that your emu has been trashed by people that can barley turn the power on there PC. The only complainers i see here and on other blogs are morons. I tried to be nice but USER ERROR is just that. If ya dont know how to use basic electronics, then hombrew is not for you. Besides those people dont donate anyway, there just parasites on the community. I vote for, take your time, and do what you want. Last time i checked this IS YOUR PROJECT and YOUR TIME SPENT. Again a Big thanks from someone who knows how to use there PSP!

cal360
February 6th, 2006, 16:10
i do find that this has had a lot of improvements and i find that this can run the games a lot better than beforehand, but it does lack on speed and increasing the speed would wreck the quality of the sound, though this is still great work well done

alepus
February 6th, 2006, 16:13
great release guys! i love that screen calibration you've added. finally street fighter in full screen. :)

also i have noticed the games run faster.. thanks alot for this one!

kyus
February 6th, 2006, 16:33
Wow... the screen... it's perfect. the emulation speed... is... amazing... this is by far the best emulator currently on psp. I'm going to actually complete star ocean now.

Pleaaaaaase do a small release with gamegenie and action replay functions coded in! Laxer, I know you mentioned that :P It would be the cherry on the cake.

You guys made the zodiac all it was... I didn't use any emu's bar LJZ, but I sold my zodiac at huge profit and bought the psp. I was immensely pleased when I saw you had turned from palm to psp.

Tomppa
February 6th, 2006, 16:46
I'm going to actually complete star ocean now.

Good luck, won't be quick..

kyus
February 6th, 2006, 17:09
I know :P If I had cheats I could always turn on no battles and run through it lightning fast tho ;)

Paiku
February 6th, 2006, 17:14
Good luck, won't be quick..

Why? I almost finished it on the earlier version, speed wasn't bad. :V

pkmaximum
February 6th, 2006, 17:29
alright when this version of the emulator was in development though they said that they had a prototype for online support and everything to me it just seems like that was a way to get us to support them through pay pal which makes me really mad. Honestly if your going to talk about multiplayer support, etc. make sure you release it otherwise you mislead all of us. INto thinking that there were going to be a bunch of great things out for this emulator. After all who would not like to play multiplayer with secret of mana, or super mario. Thats right you would all Like it. So I speak for everyone when i say that we all want multiplayer!

geise69
February 6th, 2006, 17:50
alright when this version of the emulator was in development though they said that they had a prototype for online support and everything to me it just seems like that was a way to get us to support them through pay pal which makes me really mad. Honestly if your going to talk about multiplayer support, etc. make sure you release it otherwise you mislead all of us. INto thinking that there were going to be a bunch of great things out for this emulator. After all who would not like to play multiplayer with secret of mana, or super mario. Thats right you would all Like it. So I speak for everyone when i say that we all want multiplayer!

Just because wifi wasn't implemented in this release doesn't mean that it's NEVER going to be implemented. It could be that it was still buggy, so they are waiting to implement it. He did no misleading what so ever. Yoyofr and crew made no promises. You didn't "have" to donate. Give them time. I know it was a while since the last release and you wanted "everything" in this release but just wait a while longer. Accusing the crew of making empty promises to make money is just rediculous.

wraggster
February 6th, 2006, 18:28
bloody awesome news, thanks for posting the release miemt11 i tidied up up the newspost and took the direct links off :p, but thanks. no internet for 24 hours made me miss this :(

Moning2
February 6th, 2006, 19:22
ermmmm...... i doesnt work too well for me :( 2.01 gta eu
after the 'agreement' i get a quick message with maybe 10 numbers and some error with GetDir and then i get an empty list, and when i press parent dir, it freezes and shuts down after 10 seconds

just saw some more stuff of the message, i should check for corruption....
i dont have any problems at all with any homebrew application that should work on the gta loader :confused: not one, all start everytime i want them to start not that shit that i have to try 20 times :confused:

so what could it be ? roms are in F:\PSP\GAME\s9xTYL\GAMES\ (which shouldnt matter according to the readme)

NeoXCS
February 6th, 2006, 19:27
I say bravo to yoyo and laxer3x on a great new release! As they said they had worked on multiplayer but its too buggy/slow atm. So have patience. They are working hard and when its ready im sure they will release a version with it. I truly appreciate your hard work on coding this emulator. Thank you and good luck on future releases! :)

mantinell
February 6th, 2006, 19:45
Hello guys,

I have a problem. I've tried v0,3 and I cannot get the saving to work.
I've used the version 0,2c w/o probs (I've moved savestates and profiles.). But now when I try to save game, nothing will happen. Game goes on and savedata does not exist . Please help !!!
Thanx.

Ondrej

Flipao
February 6th, 2006, 19:46
To those of you complaining about the Emu, you make me sick. You're the reason so many coders have left the PSP scene altogether.

How dare you.

Yoyo and co, the Emu rules. Thanks for the your work and efforts. Much apreciated :)

Illegal Machine
February 6th, 2006, 20:05

I don't know which games are faster, but I sure DO know that there are several things this emulator can certainly take from Ys version if you're inclined to surpass his emu in every way like it seems you want to

Enable some kind of feature that allows users to use the D-pad and analog at the same time, and select lock the menu features.

allow every game to save its OWN button configuration and settings.

Im glad you're improving things for sound and what have you, I REALLY thought the sound was muffled and quiet. I played Ys right after and it was very very apparant that its ttoally different sounding.

anyway, Im impressed with your coding skills, I hope you can make this emulator everything that you want it to be... soon as you take care of those 3 things I mentioned I'll switch from ys emu to yours.

people REALLY seem to want to use adhoc multiplayer mode, but I'm thinking that both users would have to have the same exact version/dump of the emulator, and the rom for that to even think about working. The thing that sticks out in my mind most is 2 players find the same game at different sites, get different dumps of the roms, and can't figure out why it wont work. I'd say add in some kind of IrDa transfer action for the guests dump to a temp directory that deletes itself afterwards, but I don't know how easy that would be, or if it would work or not.

oh and PLEASE put that speech in the beginning on the readme, and not IN the emu. the whole idea kind of sucks, if you want people to read what you write, just post it a doc file, and paste it in here over and over.

I appreciate that you guys are making things for us, but ruining the product a little so you can make a point that probably NO ONE will fully read is kind of self defeating

laxer3a
February 6th, 2006, 20:16
geise69 > You are right about the network stuff.

If you go to the yoyo's forum, there had been discussion about issue with the network code.

Basically it was not releasable.

Now think about what we put on the web page when we released 0.1 and look at what has been done... are we liers ?
- Hardware accelerated graphics.
- Sound moved to the media engine.
- Network code prototype is done (but not useable yet.. hope it will be)
- Optimized code for area which are software only (mode 7)

How many emus has gone so far inside the PSP emulation scene ?
Well you know the answer :)

How many things will remain to be done ?
I have talked to yoyo and there is a lot of small things that are going to be fixed within the coming months... GameGenie, more file support, improved sound and stuff like that.

How many things are remaining on the core ?
Well, the cpu/getter-setter part could be one... But to be honnest, I am too much busy and tired with other stuff to get involved with mips assembly for a whole cpu core or JIT module.

And even that... People who do a donation, accept to do so because of the job done until now and, I agree, in the hope of future better functionnality.
Still, it does not mean that we have to GARANTEE an output. You give something because you feel it WAS worth it...

If it was a money making scheme, I garantee that I would not use this one :-) like making an emu... I would get a part time job at the AM/PM (or McDo) and would probably earn more. So money is not the point.

Having a good diner is ! Because it is the symbol of really well paid effort.
I was glad to have a nice diner with Yoyo and TZ thanks to the "friendship" of everybody.

laxer3a
February 6th, 2006, 20:21
Illegal Machine,

Thanks for your nice and delightful comment, especially on pspupdates...

Now for the message at the beginning there is TONS of reason to keep like it is...
One big reason is people selling CD-Rom on ebay full of FREEWARE emulator.

Now if you want to compare a key setup with hardware graphic acceleration, or a file save feature with sound put on the ME... why not.
I think many people outthere prefer what we did...

As I said before, we still have a long road to drive until we reach the emu we are all dreaming about.

Moning2
February 6th, 2006, 20:26
Illegal Machine,

Now for the message at the beginning there is TONS of reason to keep like it is...

Now if you want to compare a key setup with hardware graphic acceleration, or a file save feature with sound put on the ME... why not.

As I said before, we still have a long road to drive until we reach the emu we are all dreaming about.

you could add some button with 'agreement' so people can check it if they want and dont have to go through a lot of text just to play

and could you please tell me whats that problem im having... a GetDir error and something about corruption, what can i do ? i cant use the emu :(

bLUEbYTE
February 6th, 2006, 20:36
Thanks for your efforts.

vai
February 6th, 2006, 20:49
A very good EMU. Thanks very good!!! Thanks!

Illegal Machine
February 6th, 2006, 20:56

Keep in mind I see a release that EVERYONE is buzzing about and I'm really wanting a better SNES emu, so I'll try anything out, and when Im disappointed, I'm kind of mad that I took the 20 minutes to export/transfer all the files, test it out, and be disappointed. this is usually going on at around 3am as well so I'm pretty crazy by then.

That's just going to happen, you'll just have to accept that this is a capitalist economy.If any consumer is capitalized upon for thier ignorance, and doesnt do a simple google search to find these things for free, and NOT go on ebay and be tricked, well thats THIER problem. You should think of the phrase "buyer beware" and focus YOUR energies on your personal tasks and stop trying to help the stupid people of the world who are dumb enough to PAY for a DVD full of emulators and isos, (who usually do so after having upgraded thier PSP anyway and can't use them when they get the disc!)

Well, When I play Super Metroid, I like to have a certain configuration (and it takes a few minutes to fugure what that is the first time let alone every time you play a game)

and when I play Hagane (which is an AWESOME game by the way) I like to have it totally different.

and this applies to more than a few games. the point Im making is that no ONE configuration setup is going to work for ALL the games. Y's emulator is kind of annoying in that sense because theres no set to default, and you NEED to set the processor, screen, and EVERYTHING for EVERY game, but it makes for a better gaming environment because everything is ready to go as soon as you load it up after you get it all done the first time.

in the end Im just saying that individual game configs, and select locking the menu features, and allowing both the dpad and analog to work at the same time can't hurt. the emu looks great, but in my opinion NEEDS these things very much.

shadowprophet
February 6th, 2006, 21:13
And that this thread is the single wildest thread I have ever seen,

And I like cheese damnit,

But only american cheese,
not swiss or german cheese
Or japanese or chinese cheese,
Nope just plain yellow melt it between two peices of toast and have a grilld cheese sandwitch- cheese.

As a matter of fact im gonna go find me some cheese right now,

See how how much damage this thread has done to my mental well being,

Damn skippy not the damnedest little bit:p I was messed up before I even got here;)
Now if you'll excuse me its time for me and cheese to get our lunch on :D

pkmusicmaker
February 6th, 2006, 21:24
I find it funny how everyone stopped bashing the emu as soon as they got yelled at for bashing it in the first place. Also, am I the only one that would like to see shadowprophet banned? Or at least his picture. Anyway, thanks for keeping this emu alive and fitting it into your schedule to improve it even more.

AKUMA01
February 6th, 2006, 21:27
7/remember this is done for free and needs huge amount of time to be done.

Thank you very much dude for your time and a free emulator.

shadowprophet
February 6th, 2006, 21:33
I find it funny how everyone stopped bashing the emu as soon as they got yelled at for bashing it in the first place. Also, am I the only one that would like to see shadowprophet banned? Or at least his picture. Anyway, thanks for keeping this emu alive and fitting it into your schedule to improve it even more.

Why is it i cant so much as breath, without some panty waist causeing me rage,
Look pkmusicmaker, I dont know you from adam,
So dont come up in here acting like got some beaf with me.
Allright cause im not in the mood to get banned but if I do get banned
I will make sure what ever I do makes it worth it,
So step back, Breath a little bit and get your nose out of peoples assess..

pkmusicmaker
February 6th, 2006, 21:38
the mustache, glasses, and useless posts aren't your bad side?

shadowprophet
February 6th, 2006, 21:44
What the hell is your problem?
I dont rightly give a rats ass about your opinion.
you must have an iq of like 3 with nothing better to do with that 3 points then, find things to cimplain about, face it. your worthless,
worthless to the pont your not worth getting banned over.
Nothing you can ever say nothing you can ever do makes you worth my words or time, If you cant find somthing better to poast about, then dont post.
its simple, you wanna talk about my worthless posts.
And all your posts are is kissing ass left and right.

So back down little doggie.
your barking up the wrong tree,

:mad: SERIOUSLY:mad:

pkmusicmaker
February 6th, 2006, 21:52
I had no idea I was worthless, this is terrible news!

jman420
February 6th, 2006, 22:08
awesome speed! for the media engine one, I can now play all the way threw Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with little to no lag or frame skip, awesome emu! but . . . still no compatability for mario rpg (at least the super monkey text hack) maybe the original rom will work, still either way, every other rom i played on tyl before works with no frame skip, and they all sound good :p thanks for the awesomeness!

Jman420

mrplug
February 6th, 2006, 22:29
i was very impressed when i tryed the ME version, when i set the sound to 11khz you noticed sound glitches, but theres alot of games the run really decent at 44khz, its just a matter off finding the best settings for each game.

Good Job! im looking forward to any update even if its a minor one.

slayer2psp
February 6th, 2006, 22:53
not to be a ass but it seems this version has more problems then the last one less games seem to work hope to see a update soon. nothing is better then the neo geo cd emu dont understand why people think this is better

shadow77
February 6th, 2006, 23:22
I don't know which games are faster, but I sure DO know that there are several things this emulator can certainly take from Ys version if you're inclined to surpass his emu in every way like it seems you want to

Enable some kind of feature that allows users to use the D-pad and analog at the same time, and select lock the menu features.

allow every game to save its OWN button configuration and settings.

Im glad you're improving things for sound and what have you, I REALLY thought the sound was muffled and quiet. I played Ys right after and it was very very apparant that its ttoally different sounding.

anyway, Im impressed with your coding skills, I hope you can make this emulator everything that you want it to be... soon as you take care of those 3 things I mentioned I'll switch from ys emu to yours.

people REALLY seem to want to use adhoc multiplayer mode, but I'm thinking that both users would have to have the same exact version/dump of the emulator, and the rom for that to even think about working. The thing that sticks out in my mind most is 2 players find the same game at different sites, get different dumps of the roms, and can't figure out why it wont work. I'd say add in some kind of IrDa transfer action for the guests dump to a temp directory that deletes itself afterwards, but I don't know how easy that would be, or if it would work or not.

oh and PLEASE put that speech in the beginning on the readme, and not IN the emu. the whole idea kind of sucks, if you want people to read what you write, just post it a doc file, and paste it in here over and over.

I appreciate that you guys are making things for us, but ruining the product a little so you can make a point that probably NO ONE will fully read is kind of self defeating

dunno man, TYL 0.3 is much faster than Y's, i couldn't even go back to Y's after TYL 0.1.

People who say TYL 0.3 is slow must not be using the ME version .. i mean, I am running Megaman X1 and X2 @ 60FPS 0 frameskip. These kind of games needed almost max frameskip in Y's. Maybe Y's has a little more accurate sound for now but thats because his emu did everything in software, thus everything was perfect, but veryy slow!

Festizzio
February 6th, 2006, 23:37
Ooh!! I can't wait until I get my PSP back!!! :eek: This sounds so cool! :D

alepus
February 7th, 2006, 00:19
dunno man, TYL 0.3 is much faster than Y's, i couldn't even go back to Y's after TYL 0.1.

People who say TYL 0.3 is slow must not be using the ME version .. i mean, I am running Megaman X1 and X2 @ 60FPS 0 frameskip. These kind of games needed almost max frameskip in Y's. Maybe Y's has a little more accurate sound for now but thats because his emu did everything in software, thus everything was perfect, but veryy slow!

i totally agree with you.
SnesTYL is my favourite

edit:

and also.. i cant hear any difference in sound between those emus.
but on the other side....
the PSP doesnt really have these speakers......
http://www.psbspeakers.com/Images/Speakers/Platinum/T6_M2_lifestyle.jpg

miemt11
February 7th, 2006, 00:21
WOW, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lot of different comment
Hmmmmmmmmmmm scarely

kennyk
February 7th, 2006, 00:39
Can somone post the best settings for the me release?

DrSarcasmo
February 7th, 2006, 00:45
Thank you for your hard work on this emu, Yoyo and Laxer3a! Because of the hard work you folks put into this, I feel I got my money's worth on my PSP. I haven't D/L this release yet, but I shall this evening.

As for the PSP community, there are a lot of really cool folks I've seen posting who appreciate the hard work the coders have put into their Emus. To you folks, I say thank you also.

On the other hand, there is a slew of c*cks*ckers I've seen dissing the WORK you coders have put in. This will not do. To you whiney little sh*ts I have this to say.

There are folks who contribute to society and their work will leave an impression on the world. Yoyo and Laxer3a and the rest of the Emu teams have left a positive mark on the world. You little sh*ts will be remembered as usless, detrimental, and just plain douchebags. One day you will leave school and enter the real world. My challenge to you is this: Will you continue to be useless, ugrateful drags on your communities or will you step up and do something useful for society and your peers?

If the coders stop coding for your PSP that mommy bought for you and you have nothing left but commercial stuff which you probably don't pay for anyway, don't come whining here. Our laughter will just deafen those spoiled little ears of yours...

DrSarcasmo

Apoklepz
February 7th, 2006, 00:59
It looks like they answered all my prayers with this one. Keep it rocking TYL! I will donate sometime during the week.

moogster66
February 7th, 2006, 01:11
Dr. Sarcasmo speaks my mind for me. Altough it was a little harsh, it needed to be said. My point is this: 1) These guys work hard to make these emus work.
2)If you can make a better one, shut up and do it!
3)How many of you guys donated?
4)THIS STUFF IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!!
Stop all the whining and nagging and play!
Thanks not only to these guys for making a great emu. But to all the coders out there trying to bring some FUN to us all!

mog
February 7th, 2006, 02:05
woohoo, this emu ownz
I can confirm it works great on 1.0 (but then, when is there ever a problem running homebrew on 1.0? :p)
The new sound in the me version is excelent, great job yoyo, laxer and anyone else that helped.

One problem i get with the new version is in FF6 with the graphics; For some reason psp acceleration causes the screen to extend every time a character does a move, and then it reverts back, half way through the move.
Software mode works fine, shame about the slight lack in speed though.
The sound in the new emulator is nice and the speed and framerate is definitely improving but i think i might keep 0.2c around for some games like FF6 until the graphics glitches in psp accelerated mode are fixed.

Thanks for improving the best emulator on the psp, i cant wait to see the next version where hopefully the small sound problems and graphics glitches are gone. :)

PS: to guy who mentioned ff6 earlier, the reason the bottom part of the intro credits is missing in this version is because the default setting for the gfx engine is different. you need to change it back to psp accelerated + accu software

urherenow
February 7th, 2006, 03:05
>>>WAhhh.... I Want multiplayer!!! I speak for every body!!!!!

Shut the hell up.
Do it yourself.
Can't?
Don't know how?
Exactly.

Just say thank you and be on your merry way kthx.

pkmusicmaker
February 7th, 2006, 04:50
The funny thing with these negative reactions to the emu is it seems like the people bashing the emus are completely unaware that PEOPLE are making them. It's not a team of hundreds working together to make a $50 game, it's people doing this in their spare time and sharing it with everyone just because they're generous. When someone does you a favor, do you usually make fun of them and tell them they're doing a bad job? No, cause they won't help you anymore. This is the same thing, keep that in mind.

pkmaximum
February 7th, 2006, 05:58
Just because wifi wasn't implemented in this release doesn't mean that it's NEVER going to be implemented. It could be that it was still buggy, so they are waiting to implement it. He did no misleading what so ever. Yoyofr and crew made no promises. You didn't "have" to donate. Give them time. I know it was a while since the last release and you wanted "everything" in this release but just wait a while longer. Accusing the crew of making empty promises to make money is just rediculous.

Alright I agree with your statement. And i truly apologize. It's just I have been supporting the snes tyl team for a while now and the main thing i had my mind focused on was multiplayer and network support. But when i saw the release they did not even give any information on why multiplayer support was not released. And im sitting there thinking "what the hell". So once again i aplogize and yes i will wait. And im looking foward towards the next release.

groovemaster303
February 7th, 2006, 10:57
What i would like to see is sleep mode working on the ME version still this is a great little emu though what i would like to see is a LJP/LJZ clone with
the funky rom selector with ace little midi tunes of past classics.
if any of you had the Zodiac it was Yoyo's work that made that little gadget worth buying it was presented superbly and ran pretty good considering the Zods limitations.
it seems though people are angry because of the time its took to get this version released and there is not that much improvement to the other versions.
I still think this and yoyo's neogeocd are the best emu's on psp but i really think doing a LJPSP with NeogeoCD/dgen/Gameboy/nes would absolutely rock and basically make y'all the official gods of the PSP homebrew scene

tsurumaru
February 7th, 2006, 12:21
Its great to see progress is being made on this emulator, keep up the good work!

I totally agree with pkmusicmaker's comments, I think this is a classic example of hype, people's ignorance about the effort involved, and management of their expectations.

Moning2
February 7th, 2006, 13:23
well never mind, already got it...

Lithiium
February 7th, 2006, 15:26
I am a noob to this stuff so bear with me, I can not for the life of me get this to work. It says "The game can not be started. The data is corrupt." What am i doing wrong? This happens for every program i've tried to used thus far.

sheng
February 7th, 2006, 15:52
I have slight problem with the emulater crashing ever so often... it happen with Front Mission and some other games.... I didn't get any of those crashes before with the older version.... does anyone have the same problem?

BTW this is crash is on the 0.3 ME version on a 1.5 firmware machine....

Thanx

Voltron
February 7th, 2006, 17:57
I am a noob to this stuff so bear with me, I can not for the life of me get this to work. It says "The game can not be started. The data is corrupt." What am i doing wrong? This happens for every program i've tried to used thus far.

Navigate to System Information on your PSP settings. Under the MAC Address Look at System Software. If the version # is 2.01, 2.50, or 2.60, this Emulator will not work your PSP. May be possible in the future with Fanjitas (http://www.fanjita.org) eLoader using the GTA Game but only time will tell.

DraconumPB
February 7th, 2006, 18:03
I love it when people diss this crappy emulator because Ive always thought it sucked from day 1

Im a FIRM supporter of Ys efforts, I think these guys should just take his emu and apply the GPU acceleration to it.

Personaly I like to have both the analog and dpad working at the same time, I dunno why i just do

I ALSO like to be able to configure the keys for each game and have it load the rom with all the settings where I like them.

2 BIG things that the Y32 version does that this doesnt.

also. it sounds like CRAPPP

I know that discussion has continued between you and the coders - I read this whole thread - but I can hardly not say something myself about this...

All PSP Homebrew users are lucky that the coders of this emu are people with integrity and tolerance, because I definately thought somebody was going to get pissed off here... they've really been quite civil about it... if it were me doing the coding (and mind you, I'm extremely tolerant, getting me mad is no easy task) I would have likely just posted any future releases to my own site only or not at all (because getting email/comments putting down my free contribution is not at all any sort of encouragement to continue making improvements...)

I think that if you really wanted to see this become a good emu (not that it isn't already!) then you would NOT talk this way to the coders because it's their final decision on whether or not to continue working on it, and with negative reinforcement like that it's hardly likely that they'll want to.. I saw that you seemed to come around a little bit but you are still coming off as having a negative attitude towards the project...

Now, as for the warning and it's reasons...

"One big reason is people selling CD-Rom on ebay full of FREEWARE emulator."

I myself reported one of these on Ebay and I believe it got taken off, when I first saw this I was OUTRAGED and posted about it here and on my blog.. I never realized it was such a common occurance. While it's true that you can't stop all of it, it's NOT simply the consumer who was hurt by this, but the coder who basically just bought lunch for the lamer selling free software... While it doesn't specifically take anything away from the coder, it's like as if someone downloaded my music off my website and started selling it without me even knowing.. that's definately wrong... anyhow, what I'm saying is, anything that can be possibily done to deter this is a GOOD thing and I support it 100%. I use this emulator (if I use SNES at all) and while it's slightly annoying, given the circumstances I can deal with it.

Also, what you've said about this emu is as if someone came to my site, listened to my music (at no cost), hated it, and then posted a comment saying, "I don't know why everybody is coming here to listen to this AWFUL music, [insert artist here] is way better!" -- that would be incredibly out of line.. I would ban them instantly, NOT because they didn't like it but because of the fact that it's extremely disrespectful - especially to someone who doesn't have to be doing what they're doing, providing a free service.

Also, one more thing, with this Wi-Fi business... does anybody who has mentioned this (not talking specifically to you) have any grasp on the complexity of not only developing software for the PSP in the first place but also with harnassing the latent abilities of a system which is not hospitable to homebrew in the first place? That means, NO sony documentation whatsoever... whatever people have done with homebrew is all self-taught or learned from fellow coders... very very few homebrew so far as used wireless.. MOST use infrastructure to download data from specific locations, very few (quake II and master system being the only ones I'm aware of) actually have adhoc multi... and anyway, this team has had ALOT of things to focus on in improving this emu, mostly speed + sound issues that most DEFINATELY are a higher priority than buggy wifi play.. i mean, if the game doesn't play to begin with, why bother with multiplayer??

Alright. sorry for the ranting. but you see this nonesense over and over again, for every release that comes out.. typically, the better the release, the more flaming and disrespectful comments come out =/

As a final note I would like to mention that I do understand the fact that alot of these things thus far have already been resolved in the thread, so I apologize if I am beating a horse. ;)

Lithiium
February 7th, 2006, 19:32
Navigate to System Information on your PSP settings. Under the MAC Address Look at System Software. If the version # is 2.01, 2.50, or 2.60, this Emulator will not work your PSP. May be possible in the future with Fanjitas (http://www.fanjita.org) eLoader using the GTA Game but only time will tell.

I actually had version 1.52 yesterday but upgraded thinking it would fix the problem. I was having the same problems with 1.52 firmware as well though. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? If im posting thisi nthe wrong place please tell me and direct me elsewhere, in the meantime i appreciate your help.

crazy_biker420
February 7th, 2006, 20:32
NO SLEEP!!!! thats no good

SmashinGit
February 7th, 2006, 20:48
Totally agree with you DraconumPB, I don't know if its because of the young age following that the PSP has or maybe some people thinking that the world owes them something, but like all coders will tell you, constructive criticism and bug reports is what they really want, not people flamming because the new release has not lived up to their expectations.

If this emulator or any other emulator/homebrew only played one game, then thats one game more and we should all be grateful.

Illegal Machine
February 7th, 2006, 23:39
Dear people who don't like my opinions.

Clearly you are all missing my main point when I say these things. I know I can't code, you know I can't code, we aren't seeing Illegal Machine's SNES emu anywhere are we? No. Clearly the coders are working hard at thier tasks, and obviously I can't do better. when I say these things it's not to bash the coders, many of whom Ive written glorious letters of praise to, given POSITIVE feedback, and seen results in the emulator I suggested modifying.

No. I'm not bashing coders skills, obviously they work hard for everyones benefit. What I AM bashing is the tastes of people who proclaim this as the end all be all best emulator out there, when its NOT.

The latest version of NEOGEO CD by Zelurker IS the best emu out there right now bar none. after that, HUE, and NesterJ come to mind. followed by the y32 version of the SNES emu.

and I've been testing this one out quite a bit, and not only does it kinda not even load roms that y32 loads PERFECTLY, it has the same shortcomings that I have been trying to drill into some of the thick insulting numb skulls out here.

So call me whatever you want. I really don't care, I've been called worse to my face, and didn't care then. Some of YOU need to develop an opinion of your OWN and not get so worked up over, or influenced by someone elses.

Love,

Illegal Machine

P.S. I love coders, without whom we would all have nothing.

kennyk
February 8th, 2006, 03:52
Whatever happened to Y? He hasn't updates his site in about 1/2 a year. I think his emulator is good, but I can achieve higher speed on TYL version.
Thanks go to all the coders who made this emulator possible.

ShelbyGT500
February 8th, 2006, 06:28
O.o these settings are amazing! They work spectacular!

zenjiki's settings: (apparently a lot faster)

DEBUG/HACK MENU

Voltron
February 8th, 2006, 09:11
I actually had version 1.52 yesterday but upgraded thinking it would fix the problem. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

Well, Homebrew does not work on 1.51 or 1.52 PSP's either. You need either 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. Tell me you did not upgrade to the latest firmware version did you??? If you did, sell your PSP on eBay and buy a new one. Its what I woud do. If you upgraded to 2.00 and NOT 2.01, 2.50, 2.60 you are one lucky S.O.B. because you can use most emulators with 2.00 or you can downgrade and make your PSP a version 1.50 with the MPH Downgrader. You can ONLY downgrade from 2.00. Once you go beyond that, Sony has you locked in.

I hope this helps. Do some Google searches as there is lots of good info and tutorials if you search hard enough. Also there are people like myself who don't mind giving advice to less experienced homebrew scene new recruits.... Good Luck & Spread the word to friends and family about PSP homebrew.

Festizzio
February 9th, 2006, 00:36
How do I get my old Sram (SRM) saves to work with this?

Lithiium
February 9th, 2006, 21:03
Well, Homebrew does not work on 1.51 or 1.52 PSP's either. You need either 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. Tell me you did not upgrade to the latest firmware version did you??? If you did, sell your PSP on eBay and buy a new one. Its what I woud do. If you upgraded to 2.00 and NOT 2.01, 2.50, 2.60 you are one lucky S.O.B. because you can use most emulators with 2.00 or you can downgrade and make your PSP a version 1.50 with the MPH Downgrader. You can ONLY downgrade from 2.00. Once you go beyond that, Sony has you locked in.

I hope this helps. Do some Google searches as there is lots of good info and tutorials if you search hard enough. Also there are people like myself who don't mind giving advice to less experienced homebrew scene new recruits.... Good Luck & Spread the word to friends and family about PSP homebrew.

sweet... time to sell my psp... i hate 2.60 =(

AplusGA
February 28th, 2006, 23:54
Im new to the Homebrew community and i have just downloaded and correctly installed the SNES9xTYL 0.3 and then i pput my ROMs in the Folder:

J:\PSP\GAME\s9xTYL\Games

When i Start SNES9XTLY... i navigate to that folder and it only shows the 2 dots at the top.. can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

My PSP version: 2.00
All my ROMS are in the ".swc" format.

If this is the wrong area for these Questions please tell me and i will post some where Else.

Anger
March 1st, 2006, 01:47
firstly they go in the roms folder (so MS0:/PSP/GAME/s9xTYL/ROMS) secondly check and make sure there not .smc .if they are .swc rename them all to .smc.
also make sure your using the version of s9x that works for 2.0 (theres 2 versions - 1 for 2.0 and one for 1.5)

Lt-Razorworks
March 7th, 2006, 00:55
Just downloaded teh new version. Without the 44khz thingy i was like :eek: ...

But when i figured it out i was like :D

Thanx again for teh awesome work!

PaladinsArc
March 7th, 2006, 19:31
Hi. I'm new to the whole PSP scene and I'd just like to say that your emulator is amazing as far as I can tell. I just had one simple question.

When I go through my list of emus, I get the SNES icon with the Super Mario World sound playing. But the next option below it is "Corrupted Data" and has a filesize of 1984 KB. Any idea what this is? If I remove it, the emulator doesn't load. :(

I'm running firmware v1.5.

ngin.small
March 7th, 2006, 23:44
ok can some one please help me with my problem. ALL, EVERY SINGLE one of my games that i have they all run REALLY slow and choppy. can someone please tell me how to fix this problem

thanks

Lukeson
March 13th, 2006, 13:35
Hi,
I'm playing Secret of Mana on TYL0.2 (AND I got the original game, so don't bitch around), and I wanna play it on the new version. So my question is if there is way I can get my savestates running on 0.3...?

Dragan
March 13th, 2006, 16:51
How comes when i play any game using my Snes loader its says that the battries low and it can't save...but yet the battieries at full power!!!!!
it can't be anything to do with me putting the Roms in the Profiles box????

Lukeson
March 13th, 2006, 17:49
ok can some one please help me with my problem. ALL, EVERY SINGLE one of my games that i have they all run REALLY slow and choppy. can someone please tell me how to fix this problem

thanks

Do you have set it to run with 333Mhz?

Elsid
March 13th, 2006, 18:01
Thanks for the new release, Hopefully this will work with harvest moon.

0ColdZero0
March 14th, 2006, 03:29
Hi, I just updated my psp firmware 2.6 and i've downloaded ''snes9xTYL-0.3.zip''. This is how my psp folders are: PSP\GAME\snes9xTYL and
PSP\GAME\snes9xTYL%

When I start my psp, I go to ''Memory Stick'' and I see two options. First is logo of SNES9XTYL and the name is Snes9xTYL v0.3 and I also have another option wich is Corrupted Data. Now, if I select Snes9xTYL v0.3....it says ''This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted'' What should I do!?

ps: sorry for my english

Anger
March 14th, 2006, 04:52
firstly as your on 2.6 you need fanjitas eloader and a copy of gta:lcs - this is the only way to run homebrew on 2.6 currently (snes9x-tyl is homebrew in case you dont know - all software made without sonys permission is classed as that).
Assuming you have gta and the eloader, you dont need the % folder at all as your on 2.6.

imo (not everyone would agree) but i think it was unwise of you to upgrade to 2.6 as you obviously like the snes emu - much like me, and i think that 2.6 offers little more over 2.0, which can now be emulated on 1.5 so now im happy either way. currently your only option is to buy a copy of gta:lcs and use fanjitas eloader with it, assuming you dont have it already. :D

Kingofall00
March 15th, 2006, 21:44
is there any way to use GAME GENIE WITH THIS EMULATOR??? or simlar?

allenivers0n3
March 15th, 2006, 22:15
can some tell me were they got donky kong 2 at because i have looked and i can not find it

spurs_fan
March 16th, 2006, 00:05
:D sweet :D

pkmaximum
March 16th, 2006, 00:14
Man I have not heard any news since that teaser video on ad hoc mode for the snes tyl for the PSP. I don't mind if its not going to be released any time soon but I would like it if I could just get some information on it.

O-bake
March 16th, 2006, 00:18
yoyofr just said yesterday that the 0.4 version is gonna be released "soon".
and if he says so, then "soon" usually means a few days :)

cupid
March 17th, 2006, 20:33
Phew, reading this topic is pretty thrilling!
Great stuff, very entertaining. I read through the whole thing to here. :p

shuaib
March 23rd, 2006, 07:06
1 problem though i had the old snes and waanna copy the old saves to this new snes so i can load ma state but the snes cant find them were do i put the SAVES folder also the new saves fer this snes are .ZA0 but the otheres are .CFG and other files how to i fix it plz HELP!!?? :( :confused:

leeroyx
April 17th, 2006, 05:54
does anyone know how to install the emulator to your psp??? the read me doesn't tell me anything. is there extra stuff i have to download, where do i put the emulator files in my psp, what kind of files do i put in my psp???? im getting so frustrated at this!!! please can someone help me

Elsid
April 17th, 2006, 10:27
yeah, this is sweet, and all the new features, it is swell.

pkmaximum
April 17th, 2006, 18:13
Havn't heard any new information on V4.0 on this emulator. Not getting un patient or anything its just we only seen a teaser video quite some time back and then another wip update. His wip update said it was going to take like 3 weeks and like a month later we recieve no emulator or wip update. So I'm just wondering if yoyo is taking a break, or if there is more bugs he is trying to work out.

JeDiMa
April 19th, 2006, 03:55
I would like to hear any news about v.0.4 too... I guess we'll have to be patient.

devilmob
April 19th, 2006, 18:28
I would really want that the next version includes GG and PAR cheat code input option, like in uo_Snes9x, Ad-Hoc support, and Super Bazooka :D

pkmaximum
April 19th, 2006, 18:44
I'm just really looking foward to the ad hoc support as I would love to play multiplayer with my friends on Secret of MANA and supre mario!

Andraik
April 30th, 2006, 23:32
Is this the best snes emulator on the site?

pkmaximum
May 1st, 2006, 05:23
At this current time, "YES" but we will soon hopefully see the new version of SNES TYL released V4.0 that supports ad hoc multiplayer, and possibly by the new wip update we say Infastructure too. I look foward to this release and I'm very patient on it too as I want to see a project as big as this completed and not done 1/2 fast with messy code. So good work yoyo and I hope to see your release going well. :)

theshape7
May 4th, 2006, 04:25
The emulator works PERFECTLY, but my games aren't saving. I have firmware 1.5 and am running snes9xTYL-me 0.3. Can anyone tell me how I save games? It's not going to be fu if I can't play games like Chrono Trigger without being able to freaking save.

BonBangle
May 9th, 2006, 01:06
I know I'm a noob, and all that, but could someone explain exactly where to put the files on my PSP. The help in the file didnt work.

GamerSince7800
September 3rd, 2006, 23:52
Everytime I run the Plynx, I get a "Corrupted Data" message. I can see the graphics for the emu in the "Game" section of my PSP, but it won't work. :confused:

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 00:08
why did you revive this, this thread is ancient

donne
September 4th, 2006, 00:44
I suggest we archived old version once the new ones came out..

dice2r
February 8th, 2007, 06:54
now u have to post to download this shit wtf!!!

pspvixen82
August 8th, 2007, 18:11
can anybody tell me how to install this onto my psp im dyng to play super mario bro.

Owen9
February 2nd, 2012, 05:55
w11