PDA

View Full Version : The Best Resident Evil?

wraggster
February 11th, 2009, 19:42
Next month, Capcom resumes scaring gamers with Resident Evil 5, the latest entry in the survival-horror series that helped define a genre. The Resident Evil series turns 13 this year, too, making it a perfect time to ring in a new installment of this storied franchise. Chances are, if you've been gaming for the last decade, you have at least dropped one or two (or 500) zombies infected with Umbrella's sinister T-Virus.

We asked readers which of the Resident Evil games was the best. Over 21,000 thousand logged their opinion of the ten options we offered. Here's how the votes break down:

Resident Evil 4: 59%

Resident Evil 2: 17%

Resident Evil: 11%

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: 5%

Resident Evil: Code Veronica: 4%

Resident Evil Zero: 1%

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles: 1%

Resident Evil Outbreak: 0%

Resident Evil Outbreak 2: 0%

Resident Evil: Dead Aim: 0%

It should come as no surprise that Resident Evil 4 topped the list. The 2005 release was a critical and commercial smash, winning a number of awards. What is interesting to see, though, is how the main games in the franchise steamrolled over the off-shoots. The two Outbreak games for the PlayStation 2 cratered in this poll, as did the light gun shooter Dead Aim. True, these games did not necessarily grab the best reviews or the most sales, but it says either Capcom should just concentrate on the main games in the series since fans like them the most or that Capcom needs to pay better attention to the quality of the off-shoot games. Or maybe it's a combination of two.

Which game did you vote for? And if you didn't vote, which of the Resident Evil games do you believe deserves the top spot? Hit the comments section below to let us know!

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/953/953231p1.html

apex05
February 11th, 2009, 22:09
What the hell kind of numpties put Code Veronica in fifth? I'd put RE4 1st and i can't decide between RE2 and code veronica for 2nd then 1 and 3 next.

maxipower90
February 11th, 2009, 22:21
My list in oder

Resi Evil 2
Resi Evil 3
Resi Evil 4
Resi Code Veronica

the rest

that1guywiththeface
February 11th, 2009, 23:04
My list:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (portable remake of RE1)
Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2

Haven't played any of the others, but Nemesis was and is the $#!+.

jaws365
February 12th, 2009, 00:58
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 1

Spanishpeacock
February 12th, 2009, 02:34
Resident Evil for Gamecube was awesome, and it seems like it wasn't listed at all. Unless all RE 1 remakes was under Resident Evil. RE 4 had a ton of cool unlockable stuff that extended the gameplay for hours and gave people a reason to buy it again on PS2 for that Ada mission. I only hope that Capcom has included a Mercenary mode on RE 5, or at least says "Oh crap, we forgot, here, it's a free download." (If the word crap offends anyone, message me and I'll edit my post, but taking how this is a forum on the internet, I don't think anyone will take it that offensively in comparison to other words).

basilb
February 12th, 2009, 04:29
I would have liked to vote for any of The Mercenaries or 4th Survivor games the put in RE games

mike_jmg
February 12th, 2009, 04:35
Yeah RE4 is in first place

basilb
February 12th, 2009, 05:14
Yeah RE4 is in first place

Like it wouldn't be? Many of the people who voted probably only ever played RE4 anyway.

havoc_012
February 12th, 2009, 12:55
RE4
REmake
Everything else

geise69
February 12th, 2009, 16:36
I'm sorry but I gotta go with Resident Evil 1. It was a great game when it came out. Not to mention it started the whole thing to begin with. Doesn't really matter though since this whole thing is all personal opinion. I just figured I'd voice it. I just liked the gameplay then. It was more simple. The set camera angles made the gameplay a lot easier. I love Resident Evil 4 though. I just have a lot of respect for the original and what it started. So to me it's my favorite. Now RE5 is becoming my new favorite since I played the demo.

Malksta
February 12th, 2009, 17:09
Definitely NOT Resident Evil 4. No way, that shit sucked compared to real RE.

This is how it goes

RE2 > RECV > RE3 > REmake > RE1 > RE4 > RE5 (you'll see)

R.I.P. Survival Horror

Qmark
February 12th, 2009, 18:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-htyTk-Ij3M
The GBA one. Or rather, it would have been.