PDA

View Full Version : EA Confirms G.I. Joe Movie Game

wraggster
February 11th, 2009, 20:12
EA confirmed Wednesday that it has picked up the license to develop games based on the live-action G.I. Joe movie, which is due out this August from Paramount Pictures.

Recent summer blockbuster movie-game tie-ins have proven to be successful for publishers. Activision's Transformers helped drive company revenues in 2007, and internal studio Luxoflux is currently developing the Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen movie tie-in for this summer. Last year, Sega's Iron Man game sold over 1.8 million units, and the publisher recently confirmed that Iron Man 2 is currently in development.

With the ability to draw in adults who grew up in the 80s with the Hasbro toys, and a younger crowd that's enamored by the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra conflict (not to mention a full-on merchandising blitz--an all-new toy line is in the works), EA's latest licensing deal could prove to be quite lucrative.

According to EA, the game's storyline will pick up where the movie leaves off, and feature 12 G.I. Joe characters. The game is under development for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS and mobile

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ea-confirms-gi-joe-movie-game

osgeld
February 12th, 2009, 00:30
oh boy, ea making a crappy sellout game, what has the world come to