PDA

View Full Version : Flash0 Plugin Loader v2

wraggster
February 12th, 2009, 00:40
News/release from Thulium (http://forums.mformature.net/showthread.php?t=1326)

Flash0 Plugin Loader v2 by Thulium
------------------------------------

Changelog v2:
- Fixed a critical bug which stopped apps in the UPDATE folder from running.
- Fixed a bug that caused flash0 plugins not to load if there was no ms inserted at all.

------------------------------------

This is something I wrapped together a while back, it has two features:

- Have an seplugins folder in the root of your flash0, which will function the exact same way as the memory stick one (you can have both at once).
- Adjusts the size of the buffer which holds the plugin text files to the exact size it needs, in theory it's now unlimited.

This has been coded for the 5.00 M33-2 custom firmware or higher, don't attempt to run it on a lower version. The plugins you flash won't show up in the recovery, but will be affected by the disable/enable plugins option under Advanced Configuration.

The installer will modify the three bootconfigs to load a small module, which will do some patches (dynamically) for the features mentioned above. Installation takes only about 3KB of flash0 memory. Create vsh.txt/game.txt/pops.txt in flash0:/seplugins and fill them the same way as ms0 plugins, but change the path to flash0. During installation, your bootconfigs will be backed up to ms0:/btcnf_backup, if anything goes wrong or malfunctions simply copy these back to the flash0:/kd folder.

As this program writes to the flash0, there is always a risk of bricking your PSP, I've tested it on multiple of my own PSP's and it worked fine, but it's your responsibility if something goes wrong. Based on the files it changes, the worst that could happen is a semi-brick, the recovery should remain functional.

Thanks to Dark_AleX for the bootconfig structures included in the macspoofer source code.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments