PDA

View Full Version : WTH 0.4.1 (a.k.a. “Regrowth”) is here !

wraggster
February 12th, 2009, 00:44
News/release from wagic (http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/02/11/wth-041-aka-regrowth-is-here/)

It’s been a while! For people who somehow got used to the “monthly release” rate we had so far, sorry if we made you wait, but it’s for the greater good.

As you probably know by now, I got a Cease and Decist order from Wizards of the Coast’s lawyers. Put aside my personal feelings that Wagic is doing nothing but good to this company, I respect their work and copyright laws, so we had to temporarily remove all downloads from the site.

But fear not, we are back from the graveyard with a new release, which, unlike what I had announced, is packed with new cool features that I think you’ll enjoy.

The most obvious change in this version is that no copyrighted content is included in this release. This means no cool card thumbnails, but Wagic of course still allows you to put your own card pictures in the appropriate folders to play with nice graphics. If you need help on how to add your own card pictures to the game, the forum might help you. If not, google is your friend, I guess.

Now for the good new features:

More than 300 new cards, including cards from Tempest, Portal, and the new Conflux Expansion. Many thanks to Dr. Solomat for his work on Tempest and Portal. This means Wagic now officially has more than 1000 cards you can play with, not counting all the ones you can create by yourself (sky’s the limit, yeah!). As usual, check the forums for more cards!
Wagic now handles Token generators such as the Hive
Sacrifice has been added (I know you’ve been waiting for this one for a long time!)
New ability keyword: cloud
Lots of improvements in the card parser, new keywords, etc…. Cards such as Siege-gang Commander, Bad Moon, or the hive can now be 100% coded in the _cards.dat files without having to know one single line of C++ (sacrifice, token generators, “lord” ability improvement, multiple abilites for one cost,moveTo,…)
Font fixes
New cool menus
Lots of improvements for cards shown in “text” mode
Too many bug fixes to tell

Download Here --> http://wololo.net/wagic/download/

blaz3d
February 12th, 2009, 10:03
woot ill download this when i have a chance. shame about the C&D tho.

i hope its got progenitus from conflux, ubermerkle card! there also should be a disclaimer saying some of your friends may disown you for playing mtg

kyyubidx
February 12th, 2009, 19:15
THIS is why I'd love to have homebrew on my 3000... Oh well...

znikotine
March 7th, 2009, 09:31
fuk yeah im the goobers on forums to say this stuff but i got a lot of homies wanting more of this

and maybe different earnings for different diffuculty opponents and im dying for sliver decks and so many others,....... as soon as i got spare cash im down to donate