PDA

View Full Version : PSN update: Flower tops the bill

Shrygue
February 12th, 2009, 20:32
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pretty-flower-tops-psn-refresher)

Pretty as a petal PSN game Flower heads the PlayStation Store weekly update today.

It's a bit short to cost GBP 6.29, but that's the price Sony's opted for, and we'd still recommend a purchase; soothing, delicate, serene. Read our full Flower review to find out more.

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, a football-like sports/racing affair, is the other PSN game on offer. This costs GBP 7.99, but there's a free trial available.

There's also a second demo for MotorStorm 2: Pacific Rift to try out, plus a PSP sampler for Resistance: Retribution, which we think looks promising.

LittleBigPlanet gains Ape Escape and Toro the cat costumes at GBP 1.59 a pop, and there's a free All-Star Weekend 09 pack for NBA Live 09. Also free is a David Hasselhoff theme for Pain.

Guitar Hero World Tour gets the full Dig Out Your Soul album by Oasis for GBP 13.99. Tracks can be bought individually for GBP 1.59, and comprise of "Bag It Up", "The Turning", "Waiting for the Rapture", "The Shock of the Lightning", "I'm Outta Time", "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady", "Falling Down", "To be Where There's Life", "Ain't Got Nothin'", "The Nature of Reality", and "Soldier On".

There are also Acoustic and Southern Rock Track Packs at GBP 4.39 each. The former contains "Drive" by Incubus, "New Slang" by The Shins and "Wonderwall" performed by Ryan Adams. The latter, meanwhile, boasts "Commotion" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Black Betty" by Ram Jam covered by Wavegroup, and "Gimme All Your Lovin'" by ZZ Top.

Rock Band pickings are slim in comparison: The Fratellis Pack for GBP 2.49. Again, tracks can be snapped up individually for GBP 0.99, and include Creepin' Up the Backstairs", "Flathead" and "Henrietta".

And that's all the weather.

Triv1um
February 12th, 2009, 23:10
Flower - My not buying anything made by the people of fl0w.

Accordion
February 12th, 2009, 23:51
Flower is the best game ive played for a long time.

Its mesmerizing, infinitely beautiful, the most joyous video game experience i have had since Ico.

Ultima Chocochu
February 15th, 2009, 07:13
Flower is the best game ive played for a long time.

Its mesmerizing, infinitely beautiful, the most joyous video game experience i have had since Ico.

Hmm, I've been wondering about Flower
Looks really great, and I understand the concept and all, but is controlling the flower petals and such with the Sixaxis honestly fun?
I wish there was a demo so I could decide for myself XD