PDA

View Full Version : Hero 30 Demo Hits Japan

Shrygue
February 13th, 2009, 20:59
via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/954/954124p1.html)

Wondering what it's like to play a game that lasts just 30 seconds? In Japan, gamers will get to find out in just a few months. Marvelous Entertainment announced today a final Japanese release date of May 28 for Hero 30 (Yuusha 30 in its native tongue).

But before that, Marvelous is making available series of demo samplers for the title. That's right, a full series of demos! In case you didn't read our initial preview, Hero 30 includes four modes of play, each with a different style of gameplay. To convey what it's like to play each of those modes, Marvelous will be releasing four separate demos.

The first demo hit Japan's PSN today. Additional demo will be released one per month leading up to the final release.

Getting access to PSN from a non-Japanese system is simple (just a few seconds of Googling), so we'd suggest interested parties take a look!

Screenshots (http://uk.media.psp.ign.com/media/143/14316096/imgs_1.html)

Nashxyzz
February 14th, 2009, 09:15
the demo requires 5.02(cfw users - use pbp unpacker and change the firmware requirement)

First impressions for me was WTF and LOL. 30 secs isn't all the time you got to do it in tho. The 30 secs doesn't involve towns/castles (I don't mean the ones with the enemies too) but everything else uses time. The first demo has 2 stages. First one must be done in 30 secs. The 2nd stage can be longer then 30 secs. Wait, why did I say longer? In the 2nd stage there are statues in towns for 100g and increases by 100g per purchase you can restore the clock back to 30 secs. In terms of understanding the demo, seems pretty straight forward in figuring things out. The battle system wasn't what I thought it to be but considering the 30 secs is fine. Pretty much the guy/party walk across the screen and the enemies walk toward you. The only controls you have in battle is a button to walk back the way you came and a button to use your item. If you die in battle you'll start at the beginning point with like 10hp but retain the level your at when you died. I'm not sure with the party members staying dead or not I haven't check that out. Loved the demo and can't wait to get the other demos as they hit psn.