PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VS Streetfighter

Alucardmoon
February 14th, 2009, 06:05
ok i hate to be a sick lazy bastard and messed up in the head but Midway is going bankrupt i saw this

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204585.html

and i was like wtf nooooooooooo but then i saw a dream and it was the best thing ive ever thought of i thought back to the day of mario on nes or play sonic on sega genesis ok im not gonna bore you MORTAL KOMBAT VS STREETFIGHTER everyone lets buy Midway and give it to CAPCOM so i can die in peace preferably a 2d game and give the characters endings not the ends ala marvel vs capcom 2 god i love and hate that game heres an idea of what it might be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6jpFo7spQ

MAKE A NOISE FIGHTERS LIVE ON MORTAL KOMBAT
VS STREETFIGHTER
OR MIDWAY VS CAPCOM MAW HA HA HA HA OOPS I PEED A LITTLE

:mad: :thumbup: :eek:

quicksilver02
February 14th, 2009, 07:25
MK comes into my mind first of you mention midway. i cant imagine that they are going bankrupt.

if this is possible, well its something to look forward too :p

Blue Protoman
February 14th, 2009, 15:26
Mortal Kombat Vs. Street Fighter

We all saw this coming at one point.

VampDude
February 14th, 2009, 19:10
You do know that the video is infact MUGEN, and looks crap.

Hopefully the awful series dies with Midway, I've always hated the Mortal Kombat series for how cheap the games look compared to others.

As for the concept of Mortal Kombat and StreetFighter, I say no because it would probably actually damage StreetFighter as a franchise.

If Capcom thought that having StreetFighter in a game with Mortal Kombat, I'm sure they would have planned something by now. But when Capcom create their crossover fighting titles, they choose the rival company with the intentions of making something that a wider audience can relate to.

Blue Protoman
February 14th, 2009, 19:24
Like with Marvel Vs. Capcom or X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, both games attracted gamers AND Marvel fanboys.

dejkirkby
February 15th, 2009, 00:29
You do know that the video is infact MUGEN, and looks crap.

Hopefully the awful series dies with Midway, I've always hated the Mortal Kombat series for how cheap the games look compared to others.

As for the concept of Mortal Kombat and StreetFighter, I say no because it would probably actually damage StreetFighter as a franchise.

If Capcom thought that having StreetFighter in a game with Mortal Kombat, I'm sure they would have planned something by now. But when Capcom create their crossover fighting titles, they choose the rival company with the intentions of making something that a wider audience can relate to.
This is easily the daftest comment I have read of yours.
MK vs SF would be an amazing game and the best way to say goodbye to the 2d fighter genre.
If done right, it would be pure money to the developers.

Blue Protoman
February 15th, 2009, 02:06
I'm all for MK VS. SF, if it's on a Nintendo console.

Noodle
February 15th, 2009, 21:00
MK comes into my mind first of you mention midway. i cant imagine that they are going bankrupt.

google moar please.

Midway are now in Chapter 11 bankruptsy. However, this does not mean they are shutting down. United airlines operated for years after entering Chapter 11 bankruptsy. It's chapter 7 that means you're screwed.

VampDude
February 15th, 2009, 23:00
I'm all for MK VS. SF, if it's on a Nintendo console.

Doubt it, they will push it for the 360 or PS3 if such a title was ever to exist... Though I still say Capcom would never go for it, because they think purely about the fan bases of the franchises.

Blue Protoman
February 17th, 2009, 16:56
Unlike Nintendo. I don't think they've ever listened to the fans.

WANT MOAR MOTHER ;_;

quicksilver02
February 21st, 2009, 07:28
google moar please.

Midway are now in Chapter 11 bankruptsy. However, this does not mean they are shutting down. United airlines operated for years after entering Chapter 11 bankruptsy. It's chapter 7 that means you're screwed.

i hope they still come back, i would love to see MK going head to head with SF, i only see them in mugen but well nothing beats the official game.

Alucardmoon
February 25th, 2009, 04:54
hmmm maybe a midway vs smash bros?

Blue Protoman
February 27th, 2009, 21:04
I don't think so. Nintendo rarely (stress) done all-out crossovers with different companies. I think they did one game in the 90s, Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Snake and Sonic in SSBB.

quicksilver02
March 5th, 2009, 11:04
imagine mario and the SSB chars or the SF chars doing fatality moves...

SF vs MK is nice, im not sure with SSB vs MK

Blue Protoman
March 5th, 2009, 23:21
Captain Falcon's Fatality:
FALCON PUNCH

quicksilver02
March 12th, 2009, 08:17
Captain Falcon's Fatality:
FALCON PUNCH

now that's easy to visualize. so instead of capcom getting, i guess, nintendo will think about acquiring midway you think?