PDA

View Full Version : GBA Emulator for PSP 0.01

miemt11
February 7th, 2006, 11:53
(New GBA Emulator for the PSP by Miemt11 and his newspost too)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3939/icon06sf.png GBA Emulator for PSP

Version 0.01

1: First GBA Attempt (base on psp298 GBA 1.1 src)
2: Smaller eboot size
3: PSP 1.0 support (not tested)

GBA re-attempt by miemt11, date: 08 Feb 2006

Thanks psp298 for his GBA 1.1 emulator for PSP and also Forgetton for his VBA for PC

Download via comments

ap0calypse
February 7th, 2006, 12:53
Excellent! I was beggining to think that this emu was long forgotten...

THANK YOU miemt11!!!

I've downloaded the emu and tested a few games, heres wat ive found so far:

Test Settings:
Firmware 1.5
Frame skip 2
333Mhz
Sound off - (lowered sound on PSP hardware + on the rom itself)
Full Screen 16:9
VSYNC on - (turned off for some games)

1. Slight speed increase in most games I tested
-Medal of Honour (still too slow to play though)
-Day of the Duelist (very playable, slow in parts)
-Bruce Lee (very playable, if ur patient LOL)
-Samurai Jack (99% playable)

2. [bug] - PSP crashes when you're playin a rom and try to load another (power turns off)

3. ROM loading speed is slow (compared to other emu's):p

Overall amazing job!!! Keep up the good work

BTW: did the decrease in EBOOT size effect the speed increase, was there alot of unnecesary code?

odino
February 7th, 2006, 12:55
Interesting, but write a dynarec can increase the speed?

ultros
February 7th, 2006, 12:58
wow, thats a surprise :)
thanks for working on such a big project. good luck.

SkankinMonkey
February 7th, 2006, 13:33
about how many fps do you get with this emu? i'd be interested in testing it out if it was at least 75%

Valiant
February 7th, 2006, 14:52
yeah I would love to see this emu to be developed more in the future. Bright hopes ^^

LazerTag
February 7th, 2006, 15:14
Note the eboot size is 666, lol!

I'm only playing Texas Hold'em Poker, Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duelist Soul, and The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap (3 of the 5 titles I own currently that play well). Can't say there is anything noticeable about load time or speed of the game, but they are not slower either, which is a good thing. :)

Anyway, nice work! Good to see someone has shown interest in the source. Good luck and hope you make some nice progress in this area.

mcmonkey
February 7th, 2006, 15:21
It doesnt work on 2.00, but its still nice to see this emu still going :)

benn
February 7th, 2006, 15:26
anyone tried advance wars or FFTA yet? they are the only games i want from my old GBA. being turn based the speed is not as much of an issue - i just mneed to know if they load and if playable.

Mew
February 7th, 2006, 16:02
Argh great! :>
the GBA Emu is back!
I hope to see some day my Wario Ware in full speed @ my PSP =)

wraggster
February 7th, 2006, 16:03
awesome, i wondered if anyone would ever take over the source :)

no2morro
February 7th, 2006, 16:29
Respect goes out to the creator. Silent and Swift in delivery, and its pretty tight little package. Nice surprise. Thanks for the work...I look forward to improved sound support, but in your own time...I, much like the rest of those who posted, am greatful for the offering. Thanks

Chackan
February 7th, 2006, 16:41
Nice! Now it only needs 2.6 support (or at least 2.0) and speed at 100%

willwgp
February 7th, 2006, 17:26
Sound needs work but I am really glad to see games working at almost 100%! Wow! :)

Voltron
February 7th, 2006, 17:34
Great surprise indeed! It is nice to see that this EMU lives. It has been said that GBA emulation is impossible on the PSP. I hope that is proven wrong in the future.

Doesn't seem to work for 2.00 Firmware at the moment. Maybe someday this EMU will function on 2.00 with eLoader.

Does this really run at almost 100% I'd like to know from people who have tested this on 1.5 PSP's. An emulator like this makes downgrading to 1.5 or having 2 PSP's worth it to me.

pkmusicmaker
February 7th, 2006, 18:19
The emulation scene just keeps getting better. First a new SNES, now a new GBA, keep it up guys, this means a lot to everyone including myself. Thanks a lot.

mstrhelix
February 7th, 2006, 18:39
I have been trying for months do install SDK and toolchain bull and ran into several roadblocks and errors, but i'm doing all of that to help with gba for 2.0 portability. i am hellbent on getting it working. I just need to find someone with an up to date SDK Development environment(winXPro) and have em zip it up. and put it up for d-load. That would help the dev scene out alot.

The thing with all the GBA emus on 2.0 is that it loads the emu just wont load the damn roms.

jaws365
February 7th, 2006, 18:58
wow! anyone tried golden sun 1&2 yet? how is the speed?

chrisrulz555
February 7th, 2006, 19:12
Thanks for the work, this is a great achievment. Take it all the way we all believe in you !!

uranidiot
February 7th, 2006, 19:44
another gba emu...BIG WOOP! INPRESS ME WITH 2.1+ COMPATABILITY. stop reinventing the wheel! :cool:

shenske37
February 7th, 2006, 20:10
i'd like to thank you for all the work on this emu its awsome and it works at about 75-85% on my psp! (1.5)

requests:
button configuration would be great
sound (but i'm sure your working at it)

just keep up the good work and am really looking forward to updates!

Voltron
February 7th, 2006, 20:21
another gba emu...BIG WOOP! INPRESS ME WITH 2.1+ COMPATABILITY. stop reinventing the wheel! :cool:

2.1+ compatibility would be great indeed. Obtain the source and DO IT uranidiot! Code it for all those unfortunate enough to have a PSP with 2.01+ Firmware.

About reinventing the wheel, there is not yet a fullly constructed wheel to reinvent. Lets hope for a continued effort in improving this EMU for v1.50 Firmware, then perhaps work on 2.00 compatibility, then 2.01, etc. etc. etc.

Great work Miemt11! Thanks for this release.

Elsid
February 7th, 2006, 20:52
any good websites to get hombrews/emulators?

Corona
February 7th, 2006, 21:03
any good websites to get hombrews/emulators?
We dare not speak of this in public.
<cough>www.zophar.net</cough>

tryqus
February 7th, 2006, 21:13
@ UrAnIdiot

Start writing checks to these guys and I wont say a word.

Otherwise, stfu and make sure to thank them for their hard work.

Great to see gba emu isnt dead. Im sure that with enough time n effort, this emu will turn out to be a real keeper.

-Tryqus

Lodis
February 7th, 2006, 22:32
Perhaps emulators may never reach full potential under 2.0 firmware. I started thinking this after using Snes TYL 1.5 version ME(kenel mode) compared to the 2.0 version (User Mode). If the GBA emulator ever uses, for example the Media Engine for sound mixing then I assume this can only be done in Kernel Mode. There may be other optimisations and techniques that take some of the load of the main CPU that can only be accessed in kernel mode as well but I am only talking theory here.

I hope this emulator is worked on, it already runs ''Yu Yu Hakusho - Tournament Tactics'' pretty much full speed with frame skip 2 (with bad sound). The only issue I noticed, although minor is it took quite a long time to do a state save. Keep up the good work and you have our full support as im sure you noticed.

Vampyronight
February 7th, 2006, 22:59
Great work Miemt11. I was worried that nobody would ever use that source code. I hope you can get it working at 100% speed with sound one day. But keep on plugging and update us often with your progress!

urherenow
February 7th, 2006, 23:03
@ UrAnIdiot

Start writing checks to these guys and I wont say a word.

Otherwise, stfu and make sure to thank them for their hard work.

Great to see gba emu isnt dead. Im sure that with enough time n effort, this emu will turn out to be a real keeper.

-Tryqus

Thank you :p saved me the trouble. But... I would hope this person is too young to have a checkbook making childish comments like that. :(

MadMonkee
February 7th, 2006, 23:12
Internet and bashing of age... Anyone who is over 25 WON'T be on this site fellas. Workin people are too busy actually working, chances are 95% of the people here are minors. Gotta find better ways of subduing the disrespecting idiots. Comment on their penis size, that always works.

satoshi
February 7th, 2006, 23:14
Wow, That's very good that this emu didn't die. So, one day We all can play all GBA games at full speed.

We hope that you can release a new version soon. Thanks, miemt11.

A sugestion: Please, can ya put a key config on next version? I feel that most games you need O to do main action ^^

Kaiser
February 7th, 2006, 23:32
Nice work Miemt11:D. You constantly suprise me with the quality in your releases. Do you have your own site? If you don't, I'm pretty sure wraggs could host one for you on the DCemu network.

dOOmy
February 7th, 2006, 23:52
If you could make a version with the analog stick disabled my life would be wonderful.
thanks anyway tho.

frmariam
February 8th, 2006, 00:35
Perhaps emulators may never reach full potential under 2.0 firmware. I started thinking this after using Snes TYL 1.5 version ME(kenel mode) compared to the 2.0 version (User Mode). If the GBA emulator ever uses, for example the Media Engine for sound mixing then I assume this can only be done in Kernel Mode. There may be other optimisations and techniques that take some of the load of the main CPU that can only be accessed in kernel mode as well but I am only talking theory here.

I hope this emulator is worked on, it already runs ''Yu Yu Hakusho - Tournament Tactics'' pretty much full speed with frame skip 2 (with bad sound). The only issue I noticed, although minor is it took quite a long time to do a state save. Keep up the good work and you have our full support as im sure you noticed.

Yeah but still there is an usermode version (though unfortunatelly the better one is high on kernel - just glad that 2.0 and 2.+ still get some share of the action ;) ).

1.5 will become more rare over time as the really great tittles, PS3 and usefull functions are released with newer firmwares (which judging by the news I read here is going to happen.. what do you know, Sony is releasing something useful!) will make ppl upgrade... We can always dream that one day Sony realises that apart from UMD piracy (which I guess they could always block) they would profit from homebrew and we would be happy and not hate their guts (this sounds unreal even to me)...

About the emu I say: great job. I cant actually test it myself (2.0 and won't downgrade unless a web browser better than Sony's comes to 1.5) but I'm glad you didn't let the project die and picked it up wher it stopped. I only hope NesterJ and RIN ever get another gifted coder deving them (NerterJ still has some sprites issues - see Megaman 2 for instance - and that odd vertical bar in one of the screen sides; RIN could also use some updates to get faster... Who knows if at a really late development stage the GBA emu wont run GB and GBC... we can alway dream right ;) ; both NesterJ and RIN need an "Exit" option on the menu - that is pretty basic and helpfull to us 2.0 or 2.+ since it's always better and more stable than a L+R+Start exit).

From what I've read it will be really hard to emulate GBA on the PSP but I hope that the difficulty or ungratefull noobs thrashing at it (when they don't know what they say) will disencourage you. I only hoped I could give you my help but no coding is learned at med...

I would be really happy if this runs in 2.0 in a near future... I think Fanjita said he sort of knew the source of the prob of roms load (with the previous one in which src you continued deving). Talk with him. He always seems very happy to help others to dev for the PSP. Maybe if he gives you some clues in what makes it not loading roms in 2.0... Who knows...

I hope it'll eventually run on my 2.0 (next loader version who knows). Anyways keep at it man. This project really needed someone to pick it up ;)

Exab
February 8th, 2006, 01:42
Wow! Great work, this isn't what I had expected at all, I didn't expect anything higher than 5-10 fps, but some games I tried worked really great, 100% with around 3 frameskip. The sound sure is crap, but I'm not complaining, and shouldn't be!

Just keep it up! Superb work

scarface350
February 8th, 2006, 01:50
another gba emu...BIG WOOP! INPRESS ME WITH 2.1+ COMPATABILITY. stop reinventing the wheel! :cool: hey, YOU ARE AN IDIOT, Stop fking complaining for something that these people are working SOO hard for, FirsT we have to get it to get full speed and then Sound then 2.0 support. ( i have 2.0)

scarface350
February 8th, 2006, 01:54
Internet and bashing of age... Anyone who is over 25 WON'T be on this site fellas. Workin people are too busy actually working, chances are 95% of the people here are minors. Gotta find better ways of subduing the disrespecting idiots. Comment on their penis size, that always works. i agree with this dude, stop freaking bashing age because if you are 26+ WOOOOOW you are a loser.

pspfan
February 8th, 2006, 02:00
This is great. I was just recently wondering if anyone would pick up this emu since the source was out. Once it works on 2.0 and is pretty playable (I think it already is or is very close), I will be so happy because I'll never have to bring my PSP and my GBA on trips or anything :).

Kaiser
February 8th, 2006, 02:11
So i started playing around with it. Got a good half hour in it. I must say this is quite the jump in speed. Runs almost 75% full speed (without sound). Good stuff miemt11!:)

Do you have your own site? If you don't, I'm pretty sure wraggs could host one for you on the DCemu network.

slaphappygamer
February 8th, 2006, 02:21

if i invented the wheel but it was too slow. id be more than happy to see somebody reinvent (or modify) the wheel eventually to full speed. you greasy mayonnaise head.

MikeDX
February 8th, 2006, 03:07
WOW

chuchurocket is damn near full speed and VERY playable!

Zaibach333
February 8th, 2006, 03:39
some of the users on this place, like you guys, comment on the stupidest shit. does anyone else see the potential behind the psp. you dont have to be under 25 or over, it's a media device with a nice screen. especially on a homebrew site I would expect better. some of you need to take a step back and see, huh, I'm on a thread talking about the gba emulator. well on that note, if somebody makes some stupid comment to me it will have made my attempts in vain.

this emu happens to be something, good job for coding. I like to see as many coders as I can

dOOmy
February 8th, 2006, 07:49
Hey quit bashing age. Im 56 and my gf is 18 and I look better and am waaaaay cooler than you will ever be.

plungmonies
February 8th, 2006, 10:41
what has age got to do with it. I mean come on guys wraggster has a couple of kids and a whole heap of us here are married with successful careers outside of this forum.
yet you still have young wisdom here too such as 1timeuser.

benn
February 8th, 2006, 10:49
EVERYONE GET BACK ON TOPIC!
i am trying Advance Wars later so will let you know how it is running. i will also try FFTA. glad to hear that Chu Chu is working good - i loved that on my DC.

razil_zul
February 8th, 2006, 11:43
Could we make a list of games that are playerable. Maybe a different thread where everyone could contribute on what games they had tried and find it playable..

miemt11
February 8th, 2006, 12:06
Could we make a list of games that are playerable. Maybe a different thread where everyone could contribute on what games they had tried and find it playable..

Hmmmm Good idea, :) :o

not here anymore
February 8th, 2006, 13:07
It works on PSP 1.0.
But the original version by psp298 has always worked on PSP 1.0 too.
Later,

TSR

ssjsaiyan
February 8th, 2006, 19:48
why cant i get any pokemon games to work (emerald,fire red, leaf green)

magex
February 8th, 2006, 20:05
Its so slow, and cant save? PSPGBA by psp298 is so much better, runs faster. Just needs to be able to save now.... can someone work on a save function?

Voltron
February 8th, 2006, 21:13
Its so slow, and cant save? PSPGBA by psp298 is so much better, runs faster. Just needs to be able to save now.... can someone work on a save function?

Are you sure about this? Does anyone else feel this way? A lot of people had stated that this release boasts a significant speed increase.

I also agree that a list of games tested and speed and playability results would be helpful.

Rekka1210
February 8th, 2006, 21:20
this is really impressive, most stuff i've tried is slow (obviously) but suprisingly playable for a first realease. Here's the stuff i tried

Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow - playable
Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance - playable
Super Dodgeball Advance - playable
Sonic Advance - playable
Sonic Advance 2 - playable
Megaman and Bass - playable
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - playable
Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland - playable
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - playable
Megaman Battle Network 1-4 - unplayable
Megaman Zero 1-3 - so-so

pkmaximum
February 9th, 2006, 02:28
Well good work looking foward towards the next release but for now ill stick to snes.

ddblue
February 9th, 2006, 03:28
Very good progress! This emu gives me hope for the homebrew scene :D Final Fantasy Tactics Advance seems to be aaaalmost playable as long as you're patient and you don't use sound! Pokemon Emerald doesn't load, however.

Kraiden
February 9th, 2006, 17:22
wow! anyone tried golden sun 1&2 yet? how is the speed?

busy playing 1 as we speak... 333mhz, frame skip 2, working full speed :D

this is awesome!!! plz dont stop!!!

nakada
February 10th, 2006, 05:25
berry thank y :rolleyes: ou

(New GBA Emulator for the PSP by Miemt11 and his newspost too)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3939/icon06sf.png GBA Emulator for PSP

Version 0.01

1: First GBA Attempt (base on psp298 GBA 1.1 src)
2: Smaller eboot size
3: PSP 1.0 support (not tested)

GBA re-attempt by miemt11, date: 08 Feb 2006

Thanks psp298 for his GBA 1.1 emulator for PSP and also Forgetton for his VBA for PC

Download via comments

nakada
February 10th, 2006, 05:28
berry berry thank you

nakada
February 10th, 2006, 05:47
Ok

Sumo X
February 10th, 2006, 06:53
The more I play this thing, the more I don't want to upgrade!!

Hopefully we can get it to eventually work on at least 2.0.

By the way, the speed seems to be better if you mute your PSP. Maybe that's just me.

Eleetist
February 10th, 2006, 13:06
Any updates to this yet?

Elsid
February 10th, 2006, 20:11
We dare not speak of this in public.
<cough>www.zophar.net</cough>

Thanks ;)

benn
February 13th, 2006, 20:12
final fantasy tactics advance works but is very slow - even at 333 with fr skp 3, no sound. friggin cool to see it on my psp tho. speed prob bout 30-40%
advance wars 2 is much better and faster. it looks really good. it is still a little slow but playable. speed prob bout 70-80%
final fight 1 is same as advance wars.
this is awesome.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE!
:D

rabidpenguin
February 18th, 2006, 05:10
Having no luck with Monster Rancher Advance or Pokemon Red. I get to the title screen for Monster Rancher, but when I select "New Game" it crashes. For Pokemon Red after loading the ROM I get a white screen. Currently using 1.5 firmware. Great job though, keep up the great work!

poleeko
February 18th, 2006, 07:14
Great release, good work.

Im playing Zelda Minish Cap, its a lil slow but playable after all :D

Sabe002
February 18th, 2006, 16:53
I am having trouble transferring the EMU. How did you guys do it? I tried copying them into the games folder, but it says that it can not be played.

Auron
February 19th, 2006, 01:46
guys,where can i download games from GBA,so they'll run on my PSP through this emu?

benn
February 20th, 2006, 09:42
guys,where can i download games from GBA,so they'll run on my PSP through this emu?

DONT EVER ask for ROMs on the boards or you will get banned!!!!!!!!!!!!
(but seeing as you asked - check the following link)
http://tinyurl.com/2yl7s
:D

AKz
February 20th, 2006, 14:28
Thank you so much, finally I can play GBA in PSP :-D !

michael jackson
February 21st, 2006, 11:45
keep up the good work i hope you get this thing near full speed, because once psmonkey gets n64 working and this is at decent speed im throwing it in my friends face, he's critisized psp since i got it and paybacks a bitch

benn
February 21st, 2006, 11:54
lol. i wouldnt recommend that... he will just ask to see the n64 playing currently it is hitting the scary speeds of a massive 2fps!!!! yes, i would wait a while too. if ever!

Auron
February 21st, 2006, 15:54
Thank you Ben!!!! i'm in your debt ))) thnx again ) BTW i'm playing Chrono trigger on my psp through SNES EMU speed is good so it's playable i want to ask anybody have playstation EMU for PSP???????? thnx! :)

bizarre
February 21st, 2006, 18:10
Thanks miemt11 you are the best.
Im only posting to say THANK TO YOU, i think this is the most wanted emulator that we want on psp, by the way i know that its slow and difficult to improbe, but I THINK YOU CAN DO IT, WE HAVE OUR HOPES IN YOU. THANK YOU. :)

CRASHY
February 21st, 2006, 20:33
does it work on 2.6

frmariam
February 22nd, 2006, 05:11
Hope work on this is coming along good. Minor thing I found is that there are still references to some PSP GBA 1.1 (like in the generated config there is PSP GBA 1.1 written).

Very useless piece of info though :p

Keep up the good work. This project needed someone to continue it!

jman420
February 22nd, 2006, 23:32
if there were a way to set the timing for the sound emulator, this could be the first emulator to have working sound, why dont you PM me and i can talk to you about sound emulation and maybe we could work together on it :D

salbcool
February 24th, 2006, 00:45
hey people tell me or send me the link or download for the roms you have

benn
February 24th, 2006, 09:34
hey people tell me or send me the link or download for the roms you have

WHY DONT YOU READ THE FRIGGIN THREAD BEFORE POSTING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? :mad:
not only is it damn irritating when people keep posting the same stupid request but it is against board rules!!!!!!
if you scroll back a page you will see i posted a link for the last person.
try this:
http://tinyurl.com/2yl7s

mrjohnnice
February 24th, 2006, 18:13
How do I get this to work with the new Brown ale loader on 2.6 or can't I?

Auron
February 25th, 2006, 13:09
i'm playing Chrono trigger now, speed is good but i have to play without sound 'cause if i try to play with it my FPS is goin' lower than 40 it is awfull... thnx for this EMU )

February 27th, 2006, 06:10
this still needs to be improved alot i didn't see hardly any difference in any of the games i tested

February 27th, 2006, 06:11
i'm playing Chrono trigger now, speed is good but i have to play without sound 'cause if i try to play with it my FPS is goin' lower than 40 it is awfull... thnx for this EMU )
sucks to be you i'm on 1.5 and i'm playing Chrono trigger at 60 FPS all the time. with snes tyl 3 me :D

willwgp
February 27th, 2006, 23:59
this emu is great ... can't wait for update ...

jordan191
March 2nd, 2006, 15:32
hey im new here an i have a psp n i added da gba but it frezzes n mah psp shuts off if u have ne updates email me or im me my email is [email protected] an my aim sn is gh3tt0cup1d1987

Auron
March 2nd, 2006, 16:13
sucks to be you i'm on 1.5 and i'm playing Chrono trigger at 60 FPS all the time. with snes tyl 3 me :D
yah me2 but i have problems after battles game freezing so i have to save than load my state but there is no other problems )

cbfan91
March 5th, 2006, 02:20
What do I have TO DO? where and what do I have to put the gba emulator on my psp PLEASE CONTACT ME PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!............................................
My Version is 2.60, or do i have to use another version of psp and where does I can download it... I dont Know :confused: :confused:

mog
March 5th, 2006, 02:21
Great work miemt, seems a little faster than the other gba emu; can't see many other changes yet tho.
Works fine on 1.0, as did the other emu, but unlike that one, you made a 1.0 folder for us 1.0 users :)
Would be nice if you could get the mph loader working for 1.0, no one else seems to have succeeded yet. :(

@ cbfan91
it's difficult to help unless you say which firmware you are using.
seeing as you are asking, you probably have 2.0 or higher, in which case, as other people mentioned earlier; it won't work on your psp.

cbfan91
March 5th, 2006, 03:01
OH Thanks mog!!! My Version is 2.60, or do i have to use another version of psp and where does I can download it... I dont Know

cbfan91
March 5th, 2006, 03:19
OH Thanks mog!!! My Version is 2.60, or do i have to use another version of psp and where does I can download it... I dont Know

Auron
March 5th, 2006, 09:19
if u want to downdate your psp (if u have updated it before) just look at your system menu there must be command "return to standart settings" or smtn like that )))

cbfan91
March 5th, 2006, 18:39
Thanks Auron!! :D, but I still having the same version (2.60)

silvershadow
March 6th, 2006, 17:03
if u want to downdate your psp (if u have updated it before) just look at your system menu there must be command "return to standart settings" or smtn like that )))

no offense but that is the stupidest thing i ever heard, lol. aw well. all that does is reset ur clock, ur username, and date.

downdate..i never even heard of that word before.

have fun.

cbfan91
March 6th, 2006, 22:53
silvershadow? do you know how to make my PSP for another version like 1.00 please say ME!!!! ANYONE konws how to ?pleaseeee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I need to play GBA games in my PSP..........ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!! Im Dying!!! Help ME!!!! MY firmware is 2.60. im dying oooooooooooooooo GOODBYE

:confused: :confused: :confused: THANKS :confused: :confused:

Kaiser
March 6th, 2006, 23:41
silvershadow? do you know how to make my PSP for another version like 1.00 please say ME!!!! ANYONE konws how to ?pleaseeee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I need to play GBA games in my PSP..........ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!! Im Dying!!! Help ME!!!! MY firmware is 2.60. im dying oooooooooooooooo GOODBYE

:confused: :confused: :confused: THANKS :confused: :confused:

YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :mad: :mad: :mad:

March 7th, 2006, 00:10
yah me2 but i have problems after battles game freezing so i have to save than load my state but there is no other problems )
i don't have any problems at all . i used my savesate from 2.0c and mine never freezes after battle ...ever..

Auron
March 7th, 2006, 22:11
lucky u ) but now evrything is okay, i have more than 20 games at all and nothing seems to toglich.... btw HUE or PC engine for what roms are they???????? )P.S. where the f**c is benn? )

Auron
March 7th, 2006, 23:40
no offense but that is the stupidest thing i ever heard, lol. aw well. all that does is reset ur clock, ur username, and date.

downdate..i never even heard of that word before.

have fun. yup yup but i know someone who've done such thing and they lived happily ever after..... idiot... :p

cbfan91
March 7th, 2006, 23:59
Well I'm sad because I can't play gba games because I have version 2.60 but I wanted to download a program that supposely cheat the PSP to run 1.00, But becareful IT DAMAGE YOUR PSP DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!........ miemt11 do an actualization PLEASE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

junmr2
March 10th, 2006, 01:27
where do you put the files

Agent_Wise
March 10th, 2006, 08:46
woot!
pokemon on psp
what more could you want?

Agent_Wise
March 11th, 2006, 11:40
Im running 2.0, so i'm not to hopeful here, but i've got a gameboy colour emu running smooth as. also, the emulator opens, it just crashes when i try to load anything. any ideas anyone?

mada77
March 11th, 2006, 22:54
Who Cares About Gba

Diippi
March 12th, 2006, 14:41
This does works on 2.01+ FW. I'm playing Mario on 2.6 ATM. It didn't load pokemon firered wich was 16 mb, but then i tried smaller rom, and it runs perfectly. This rom is 4 mb.

jakpsp
March 12th, 2006, 19:49
how do i get it to run on 1.50?

pkmaximum
March 14th, 2006, 00:14
Hmm tried it out still not very impressed with the speed I hope we can eventually see this emulator running smoothly like our snes emulator. ;)

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
March 16th, 2006, 01:21
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire work, but emerald, fire red, and leaf green dont even thought they're all exactly the same file size. (16,384 kb). I reallly want leaf green. Someone help. thanks in advance. Edit: When i say help i mean please tell me why. Sheesh.

Shilo
March 16th, 2006, 06:11
Posted by pkmaximum:
Hmm tried it out still not very impressed with the speed I hope we can eventually see this emulator running smoothly like our snes emulator.;)

I would be awesome to see GBA games running smoothly on the PSP:) I realy like Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga, and to play it on that big LCD screen would be sooooooooooo cool:)

snipersnake
March 16th, 2006, 11:43
tried kingdom hearts..it didnt load..

chaoskingz
March 17th, 2006, 16:56
feel free to flame me but is this still a current project for Miemt11? what i mean is he still wotking on it? i would expect so as people still posting aboutthis but i would like to make sure. thanks in advance

djpolveten
March 19th, 2006, 00:53
hello iam new and i want to know how to star the gba emulator on the psp
thanx

vickash
March 19th, 2006, 02:52
where is the rom

benn
March 19th, 2006, 16:22
Hmm tried it out still not very impressed with the speed I hope we can eventually see this emulator running smoothly like our snes emulator. ;)

jeez man give the guy a break :confused:
so your not impressed huh? why dont you make a better one?
you state the snes version - which has been worked on by a senior porogrammer for well over year!

and for all those other dix asking lame ass questions like - where is the rom or where do i save it, etc , etc... why dont you read the friggin text file? use ur brain a little huh?

Cloud_35
March 30th, 2006, 04:56
Great release, but I just regret that Final Fantasy 4 runs VERY slow :(! I see great things for thie emu (sound for example:P).

bogart27
March 31st, 2006, 23:36
Kingdom Hearts definitely doesn't work, its it because of the 16 mb limit?

calebg
April 1st, 2006, 06:59
dont ask stupid questions you should know this unless you are illiterate and cant read the posts

Shadowblind
April 1st, 2006, 19:15
I tried the minish cap. It runs realllllllllly slow and has no sound quality. If anything i think it would be cool if we could get an emu with sound.

Elsid
April 1st, 2006, 19:36
kool!!

Drunken
April 2nd, 2006, 06:45
I run a 2.6 using fanjita's eboot but neway... when i use this emu it doesnt work... worked 1nce when i was playing naruto ninja council (lol) but after that it doesnt seem to work?

Drunken
April 2nd, 2006, 06:46
btw i havent read through the posts... cause theres kinda 12 pages so yea... tell me anyway even if its posted thx *sry*

Bear_XI
April 4th, 2006, 03:18
Can i plz know Miemt11 if this project is Aborted or you making a updated soon ?

freebbc
April 5th, 2006, 13:47
i ADDED IT IN AND THE SOUND IS ROUGH :(

nettician
April 6th, 2006, 23:56
where do i go to get roms??

Kaiser
April 7th, 2006, 00:07
where do i go to get roms??

We can't tell you as its illegal.

Please people stop bitching and moaning in this thread. Not to get anyone's hopes up but Miemt11 did promise a "big suprise" when he comes back to the PSP scene. An updated GBA emulator? perhaps, time will tell I suppose.

linkandzelda
April 14th, 2006, 22:21
i hope so :)

Cidaisis
April 15th, 2006, 07:54
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire work, but emerald, fire red, and leaf green dont even thought they're all exactly the same file size. (16,384 kb). I reallly want leaf green. Someone help. thanks in advance. Edit: When i say help i mean please tell me why. Sheesh.

From what I've seen, you can get Emerald to work by playing from the zip file. The fps is pretty rough, though. I suppose it's because it's a zip.

I guess the same could go for all of the other games that refuse to load.

BRUNOROLOO
April 25th, 2006, 15:44
whats is the firmware i need have 2.00

benn
April 25th, 2006, 15:54
is it true that this is dead for now? :(

ORANGE8888
April 25th, 2006, 17:38
were d y put the roms

benn
April 25th, 2006, 17:44
were d y put the roms

READ THE FRIGGIN ENCLOSED FILES!!!! OR READ THIS THREAD!!!
why oh bloody why do people keep posting the SAME question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
honestly, it will not take much more for me to unsubscribe from this thread for good. for every actual comment about the emu there must be 5 asking where you put the roms. come on people. use that spongy thing between your ears. if my 10 year old brother can work it out without help then i am sure that you can!!!! :rolleyes:

methox
April 28th, 2006, 19:05
wtf... i put pokemongold.gbc in the rom map but if i start it i only get a white screen,
that stay until you but off your psp...

pspfan
April 29th, 2006, 00:28
This is not a gameboy color emulator, it's a GBA emulator (though it's unfinished, still has speed and sound problems, so don't get your hopes up). Download RIN for a gameboy and/or gameboy color emulator.

s075933
April 29th, 2006, 03:20
Hi. What are the best settings for yugioh eternal duelist soul

Andraik
May 11th, 2006, 03:55
This is probabily the best gba emu were going to get for a long time so be happy with it, because the others have quit and I don't know this one either.

taiyoh
May 13th, 2006, 21:39
Has there been any updates at all of this emu.....

bannedrail
May 14th, 2006, 20:09
I Can Get The Home Brew Running But The Games Wont Work On 2.6. Some One Plz Help Me and when i run a game the game just crashes. am i doing any thing right? help me.

V3N0M
May 14th, 2006, 20:33
Its funny that the N64 emu is coming aloung faster than the GBA emu but hopefully with time the GBA emu will get faster.

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 04:26
It's not that one is coming along faster it's that NOBODY is working on the GBA emu anymore, and that we have TWO very talented coders working on the N64 emu's.

the one and only
May 18th, 2006, 13:04
damn i really did want a gba emulator as well :( oh well looks like ill have to do with my laggy minish cap

Chackan
May 19th, 2006, 16:45
Still no updates yet? =| Im dying to play pokemon advance on my psp lol

benn
May 19th, 2006, 16:55
Still no updates yet? =| Im dying to play pokemon advance on my psp lol
do you even read the friggin thread?????:rolleyes:
why do people keep posting without taking the 4mins required to read the thread????:mad:

THE GBA EMU IS DEAD!!!!!! PLEASE HURRY UP WITH YOUR DYING WHILST WAITING FOR POKEMON ADVANCE TO APPEAR ON YOUR PSP AS IT IS NOT EVEN BEING WORKED ON!!!!

wow! :eek: shocking news!!!

no, not really as it has been mentioned several times on this thread!!!!! :p

Chackan
May 19th, 2006, 20:35
huh, right :rolleyes:

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 21:10
MIEMT11 HAS STOPPED CODING FOR THE PSP UNTIL FURTHER NoTICE SO DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR AN UPDATE OF THIS EMU.

Alucardmoon
May 23rd, 2006, 02:19
i hate to sound like a bitch but if nobody wants to work on the gba i would like to but i dont know where to start.....(cue the lord of the rings music).....anyone want to join the fellowship to save gba?

benn
May 23rd, 2006, 08:19
yeah would love to mate but i know FA about programming. :(
i will be a cheerleader!

TheDevil4Ever
June 8th, 2006, 18:02
BAD

Yeah it's perfect but on my psp the emulator slow and the voice is like ( shhhyuie )

Bear_XI
June 13th, 2006, 01:14
I know lot of you guys are desapointed and i personaly don't think miett11 is still gonna work on it but you shounl be happy "Slasher" of th QJ's forum is working on a emulator for GBA hes still working on it slowly but shurly.

Zion
June 13th, 2006, 22:56
Yes but at a later date. Im only a novice in terms of programing.

Only made a dos hombrew game for the pc so far
Took me ages too :p

dman32
June 18th, 2006, 06:34

mesosade
July 2nd, 2006, 16:59
i think he's gotta lot on his mind...

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 17:10
lol, dude, why are you here, this post is old. lmao

blazin09
July 13th, 2006, 22:16
where do i get the ROMS for my GBA emulator

weirdelf
August 4th, 2006, 11:58
dgemu

weirdelf
August 4th, 2006, 11:59
register on dgemu

jimmy798
September 5th, 2006, 23:02
great quite fast but sound problem but great job

pspfan
September 6th, 2006, 01:56
jimmy798, there is a much faster (fullspeed + perfect sound on many games) GBA emulator called gpSP. A new release will be out soon, too, but I suggest you grab the latest release now so you don't just sit and wait for the new release.

ELECTRONIC-VOLT
September 30th, 2006, 18:14
hello guys ,i got 2 questions ...

1.do you have any new emu for psp that will work at version 2.50 ?or unless nintendo 64 or nintendo ds emu for version 2.50?

2.how do i make the emu work on my psp ?

mesosade
October 30th, 2006, 08:43
ummmm this an EXTREMELY INACTIVE thread!!! go download gpsp! that's full speed! i'm only saying this because revivng an old thread can be annoying for sum ppl. oh and you might want to research downgrading...

guvfather
November 22nd, 2006, 12:53
where do i save it on my psp plz help

jys4ever
March 10th, 2007, 15:05
hey can someone tell me where i can found a good gba emu for the psp v 2.0 with eloader i need one pleaseeee :)

Cloudhunter
March 11th, 2007, 00:35
Just downgrade, its painless and worth it.

pspfan
March 11th, 2007, 02:32
Downgrade using the MPH downgrader and then get gpSP v0.9.

egwer
May 3rd, 2007, 02:13
o0o0o

blaine1045
May 17th, 2007, 23:34
thanx sooooooooooooo much i been struggleing wit eloader for hours! and i have a psp firmware ver 2.6 so i been havin hell for lunch! it works with tiff exploit! sweeeeeeeeeet!!

mesosade
June 3rd, 2007, 00:34
uhhh someone is a bit far behind.

acn010
June 3rd, 2007, 00:38
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
that is so hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mesosade
June 3rd, 2007, 00:59
ummm yeh lak got teh psp-xxxxppxp and shtuff how do i use teh bios? wtf

acn010
June 3rd, 2007, 01:03
????

new_bill_g8
June 6th, 2007, 16:01
how do u install the emulator

Gordon Freeman
October 6th, 2007, 14:58
HOW DO i USE IT!!!!!!!!

skunkpsp
February 25th, 2008, 16:11
i kan find gba emulators fore psp but i have no idea how to instal it on my psp.in what map do i instal this emu?Does it matter wat type of system im using ,like 1.3 or 1.4...?pls reply ,thanks anyway!

Fastguy397
March 24th, 2008, 16:33
do u need a gba bios 4 this?

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2008, 17:42
Yes, but his emu is a little old. You should try gpsp.

____anders____
March 29th, 2008, 23:48
damn, this must be the longest thread alive on dcemu ;):D

the longest life span hehe:D

blackdragoon747
June 20th, 2008, 18:35
when i load the emulator it works but when i try and press O and run the game it does nothing

shortyzsly
September 20th, 2008, 18:32
very cool :D

Omega_redest
January 13th, 2009, 19:09
thanx

acn010
January 13th, 2009, 19:53
omg stop reviving old thread!!! this emu is worthless!

Shade X
January 26th, 2009, 01:13
very cool :D
do u have any action replay codes for super robot tisen j?

leethackz
March 5th, 2009, 16:30
ahhhhh how do i make this work it just says corrupted date

heesham
May 21st, 2009, 20:53
hello i am heesham ...i am glad to join your forum

Danny_K
June 21st, 2009, 09:32
ok i just read this entire thread. now i feel like crap 4 reviveing it.im also pissed i downloaded this emu and like 5roms cuz i cant get rid of it or i should say i dont know how. can any1 tell me where to download a downgrader or an emu that works on 4.sumthing(idk what it is) please?