PDA

View Full Version : Pads or Sticks?

wraggster
February 14th, 2009, 15:51
Time for TELL US DAMMIT.

Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know ****tons about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. (We do like Valentine's Day chocolate, though!)

Question: With the release of SFIV, we're keen to know: Gamepads or joysticks? Pick one and tell us why! Dammit.

http://kotaku.com/5153566/pads-or-sticks

mike_jmg
February 14th, 2009, 18:15
it depends a lot on the game you're playing, but if it comes down to Street Fighter IV I choose Gamepad, cause is the one I'm used to

fpcreator2000
February 14th, 2009, 18:29
Althouhg I've played Street Fighter with a gamepad most of my life, I'm planning on picking up Street Fighter IV with the higher end arcade stick. Becoming good with a game stick is just a matter of time.

apex05
February 14th, 2009, 18:48
Well i have HUGE boney hands and playstation controller's always made my hands ache, so i'm stuck with Xbox pads

goshogun1
February 14th, 2009, 19:09
For some reason I could never use a stick for a fighting game. I tried, but never got into it. I always meant to send away for a $50 arcade stick for VF5, and SCIV, but never got around to it. SFIV might change all that though.

brandonheat8
February 15th, 2009, 00:12
the ps3 gamepad, because shoryukens are mandatory

juiceface
February 15th, 2009, 03:36
grew up on the stick, would enjoy one for PC when it comes out.

havoc_012
February 16th, 2009, 06:05
Playing on a stick makes dragon punches so much easier...

There is a learning curve, but after you learn how to use a stick it really helps you get better.

Gene
February 16th, 2009, 08:26
As a general rule of thumb, gamepads are for little girls.