PDA

View Full Version : Using DS and flash cart to "capture" GB Camera images?

rbatina
February 14th, 2009, 17:48
Back in the day, like many of you probably did, I had a Gameboy Camera and a transfer cable that allowed me to save or print the saved images on a PC.

This was fine back then, but over time the computers started getting better, starting losing standard serial ports in favor of USB, stopped supporting the transfer software, etc... so now I have no method of copying those images over from the GB Cam to the PC.

So what I am wondering is if there has been any development done on an app or hack that would allow the GB Camera data to be transferred to an NDS flash cart, THROUGH the DS, from the GB Cam in the standard cartridge port.

To the technically untrained, it sounds like it'd be something simple to do... but since I've searched and searched and found nothing about it, I'm also assuming that it is likely impossible.

Any thoughts?

Even any new ways to connect the DS to the PC (cable, wifi) to transfer the images would be good enough. :-)

Thanks all.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the DS won't even accept GB cartridges... so that means all of my thinking was for nothing. I got a little bit ahead of myself with the research questions... didn't even realize the cam wouldn't fit / play in the DS. (Original GB carts. Haz them, I don't. heh) I'd have just deleted this message, but I didn't see where that was an option