PDA

View Full Version : Gradius Portable - PSP

wraggster
February 7th, 2006, 16:18
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3793&lsaid=219793):

This week Konami brings over 20 years of adrenaline-pumping Gradius action to the PSP. Together in one compilation you obtain Gradius I, II, III and IV, plus the PS1 title which was never released in the US, Gradius Gaiden. Still today the gameplay of these can outshine new shooters, with almost mazelike levels jam packed with obstacles to avoid while simultaneously annihilating everything that moves. New features start off with the ability to play in the original arcade orientation, or to make perfect use of the PSP's widescreen for these side scrolling shooters. Likewise there's some graphical upgrades to be found, and a dedicated gallery mode will take you back, letting you enjoy music and cut scenes from the past.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images/170/psp-gradius-jap5.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images/170/psp-gradius-jap6.jpg

Instead of being thrust back to the beginning when you die, now for the first time you can save and load at any point in each game through the pause screen. Konami have also put more power in your hands, letting you adjust the speed of gameplay and change the hit detection size. This definitive collection of shmup history deserves a spot in every retro fans library, and due before the end of the week, last minute pre-orders are still being accepted for the next couple of days.

shongohan
February 7th, 2006, 17:03
Awesome Saga!

I play all gradius universe games included salamander & parodius and buy all of these konami cartridges for MSX
I soon buy this title for PSP and hope SNES emulator for PSP could be improved because titles as Parodius 3 are too slow... but if programmers use assembler for some routines is possible.
I hope Konami continues the saga with new titles as Salamander 3 or Parodius 5...

shongohan
February 7th, 2006, 17:08
I forget a mention to gradius 5... (ps2)
the best of the saga...
although is very difficult...
best graphics and good music...
Sony would make a lot of money developing these games on more systems as Xbox, Mac, etc...

sorry for my english (from Bilbao, Basque Country)

Voltron
February 7th, 2006, 17:32
Gradius is great indeed. Looking forward to this on the PSP. This sort of classic compilation and improvements to utilize the PSP make a perfect formula.

tsurumaru
February 7th, 2006, 18:11
Gradius is great indeed. Looking forward to this on the PSP. This sort of classic compilation and improvements to utilize the PSP make a perfect formula.

Now if only R-Type FINAL would be released.... ;)

urherenow
February 7th, 2006, 22:58
Sony would make a lot of money developing these games on more systems as Xbox, Mac, etc...

Sony has nothing to do with Gradius. It's KONAMI.
uuddlrlrbas

Zaibach333
February 8th, 2006, 03:50
lol I agree.

and this doesnt use the most accelorated technology.

but man do I love a good remake of a fun old game.