PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin SVN build 2276 - Gamecube/Nintendo Wii Emulator for Windows

wraggster
February 16th, 2009, 20:34
The Gamecube and Wii emulator for Windows has seen a new beta release, heres the news from the official site:

this week the Dolphin build isn't much difference from last week.
we did some minor code fixings and cleaning was what we did most.
there are also some blend fixes, njoy & wiimote changes and some really minor speed hacks. omegadox also added an option to show the projections value.

as always you can talk about the build here
Have fun :)

-Daco

PS: the 32bit should have both IL as normal Jit and 64bit only has the normal JIT

Download Here --> http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php

gezegond
February 16th, 2009, 21:46
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but
when do you think this emulator will be able to completely emulate Gamecube? a year? 5 years? next generation?
What I am afraid is that the emulating team forgets about Gamecube and continue it's emulation only on Wii.
'cause I've seen a lot of emulator designers just drop their work uncompleted and go for a totally new project.

grossaffe
February 16th, 2009, 22:21
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but
when do you think this emulator will be able to completely emulate Gamecube? a year? 5 years? next generation?
What I am afraid is that the emulating team forgets about Gamecube and continue it's emulation only on Wii.
'cause I've seen a lot of emulator designers just drop their work uncompleted and go for a totally new project.
a GC emulator will eventually work just like every system previous eventually gets a working emulator. don't stress it too much.

cubeuser
February 17th, 2009, 05:36
2 days ago I tested the 2915 64-bit build of Dolphin which I thought to be the most recent version. I have not checked on gamecube emulation for about a year at least, so I was really impressed with how much progress had been made. D3D doesn't work for me at all (just crashes the emulator) but in OpenGL I was able to run Zelda TP and WW at decent speed, however there's been quite a few graphical glitches, such as texture errors, flickering and wrong colors ...

... but today I found the 2276 build and this one runs SO MUCH BETTER!! Still only with OpenGL but most of the graphics issues are gone, PLUS it runs even faster. I can play Naruto 2 in 1680x1050 fullscreen at full speed. Twilight Princess also looks pretty cool in such a high resolution (altho still a bit slow), it's the way I was always wanting to play it cos on my real gamecube through a TV card you get a lower resolution and analog flickering, not so in Dolphin - fantastic! :)

A big thank you to all the developers out there, your work is highly impressive and I'm looking forward to your coming releases. Oh, and if I find any bugs I'll let you know.

My system specs: (in case anyone cares)

AMD X2 Dual Core @ 2.6 GHZ
6GB of Ram (currently clocked at 677 mhz)
ATI Radeon 1650pro 512 MB
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard

Ciao,

cubeuser