PDA

View Full Version : Save state fix for 2.0 PSP users of SNES9XTYL 0.3

wraggster
February 7th, 2006, 18:56
tsurumaru posted this news:

<blockquote> take absolutely no credit for this (that should go to thecradle on yoyfr forums) but as I have seen quite a few people encounter this problem thought I would post this update here to spread the word.

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1139293902

Apparently just by replacing the 0.3 bmp icon with the old 0.2c bmp icon reenables the savestate function (Your bootup message may look a bit odd though).

See above for more info.</blockquote>

Bluntman & Chronic
February 7th, 2006, 21:08
Man! I poured over my computer, un-installing and re-installing the emu... I thought I had installed wrong! Thanks for the heads up, I will fix this as soon as I get home (Even though I LOVED the new BG).

LazerTag
February 7th, 2006, 21:09
I wonder if you simply take the new logo.bmp and change it from 24-bit to 8-bit like the 0.2c versions logo file if it will have the same effect?

I had done this simply to save some space the other day as it cut the file to over half it's original size.

urherenow
February 7th, 2006, 22:30
well... do your save states work allright? read through that thread Wraggster linked to and see if you have any of the same problems. If you don't then you stumbled across a bug fix and need to post back here as well as that other thread! I'll read it myself and see what's up as well.

LazerTag
February 7th, 2006, 22:43
well... do your save states work allright? read through that thread Wraggster linked to and see if you have any of the same problems. If you don't then you stumbled across a bug fix and need to post back here as well as that other thread! I'll read it myself and see what's up as well.

Actually I should have stated that I am on the 1.5 bios so mine worked fine either way. Since this is 2.0 only issue I couldn't check myself. After seeing the news post though I did look at the two logo files again from each version and the only difference is one is 8bit color (SNES9xTYL 0.2c) and the other 24bit color (SNES9xTYL 0.3). And this of course increases the size as well do to that.

Can someone having the issue test this theory?

Bluntman & Chronic
February 7th, 2006, 22:47
I run 2.0, and I just changed the logo, and it works fine. But now it look icky...

LazerTag
February 7th, 2006, 22:54
I run 2.0, and I just changed the logo, and it works fine. But now it look icky...

You mean you changed to the old logo.bmp? or did you change the new logo.bmp to 8bit color?

If you did the latter and used MS Paint to do it, I noted that Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop both give much better results. I'd post the one I did, but I'm not sure if that's allowed since it's part of the PSPGBA archive.

Anger
February 7th, 2006, 23:52
Ill post this here as some people may not know.
the reason the saves dont work is that the logo.bmp is in 24bit rgb format - for some reason the emu doesnt like it (at least under 2.0)
so the solution is simple (yes i have tested this) convert the original image to indexed 256 colors.
I have also attached a copy for those who dont have the know-how to actually do it themselves. Enjoy. :)

Voltron
February 8th, 2006, 00:10

Sure enough, if you are using the new logo.bmp, you need to replace it. What I did was use the old 0.2c logo.bmp but pull it up in Photoshop and color the white background black. Not only do save states appear to be working fine now, but it looks cool as well.

urherenow
February 8th, 2006, 01:15
maybe some kind of memory issue? That would explain the trouble with making a lot of other homebrew stuff work on 2.0+...

Bluntman & Chronic
February 8th, 2006, 02:24
I had changed to the 2c logo... And it does not look good! I am about to change it to the changed logo (new). Thanks Anger!

Anger
February 8th, 2006, 21:23
Np Glad i helped someone out :)