PDA

View Full Version : PLynx 0.9 Sources Released (Atari Lynx Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
February 8th, 2006, 00:22
PLynx the coder of the Atari Lynx emulator for the PSP has posted news of the release of the sources to his emulator and this news:

"Here are the latest PLynx sources. Feel free to modify and improve the emulator.If you modify the sources, please post a link to your modifications so that everyone can benefit from the improvement."

More info at his site here --> http://plynx.dcemu.co.uk/

Voltron
February 8th, 2006, 06:36
Sure, the Atari Lynx games don't compare to some of the other systems, i.e. Genesis & SNES but you have to appreciate this Emulator. PLynx did a great job on this. It works great even on Firmware 2.00 PSP's. IF anyone can improve on this it would be amazing. Thanks again PLynx and any other contributors.

fixo
February 8th, 2006, 11:04
Weird: been trying to get this emu to work for half an hour now; it loads, but it doesn't appear to detect my roms, which are stored under /PSP/GAME/PLYNX/roms/ , all in .lnx format. Would anyone know what might be the problem?

This is the first time I use this Lynx emu (been using Handy) on my Jap v1.5 psp.

Amiga
February 8th, 2006, 19:22
fixo have u got the bios rom?

fixo
February 9th, 2006, 16:00
Hey Amiga, thanks for your post.

I did use the lynxboot.img and even used another one I found on the net somewhere, but no luck so far. Also tried copying some roms in root folder just in case, but nothing seems to work.

I just see the main screen of this emu but where the carts should be, I see nothing (while they are in fact on my memory stick, in the roms folder and in .lnx format as they should be).

Roms and lynxboot.img work fine on Handy (PC and PSP version), but no luck in this one.