PDA

View Full Version : Nincest 64 Port To PSP WIP News(Nintendo 64 Emulator)

wraggster
February 8th, 2006, 00:26
PSmonkey Posted this news regarding the continueing development of the Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP:

"Ermm, no major progress last night. I added more opcodes (bust-a-move keeps pushing for more opcodes), fixed a few read/write opcodes & cop1 opcodes. I sadly broke fire demo yet again but I think some stuff is more accureate now.

I talked to lac for a bit last night. I seems mario64 & other games are getting stuck because of the lack of interupts (n64 was heavly based on the idea of using threads, so mario is getting stuck in an idle thread when an interupt should have triggered another thread). So I will get going on interupts soon and hopefuly that should show more progress soon."

Nice to know hes still plugging away at it although you must remember, Rome wasnt built in a day and this emulator is a long term project so it could be a long wait but worthwhile in the end.

More info --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18195&page=5

oninotsume
February 8th, 2006, 01:22
Sounds like a really tough job, but I'm really happy you're keeping at this project. It's really going to be something great. GOOD LUCK :D

migsgiz
February 8th, 2006, 03:18
Take Your Time!!!!!! No Pressure & Good Luck!!!!!

Zaibach333
February 8th, 2006, 03:39
alright alright. I hope to see some stats soon, fps would always be a good basis.
good luck

chrisrulz555
February 8th, 2006, 04:15
Man I would wait months for something like this at full speed. Keep up the good work I know you can do it!

AtariFreek
February 8th, 2006, 05:23
Take Your Time, Work When You Wanna, NOT When You're Told.....And God Speed Man!
Good Luck, And May Your Re-Writing Of Opcodes Be Fruitful!

(P.S.) Broke The Fire? You Can Never Break The Fire Man, The Fire Demo Is Like.....Forever.....

(P.P.S.) I Just Took My Happy Pill.

(P.P.P.S.) OH MY GOD I'M COMING DOWWWNNNN!!!!!!

(P.P.P.P.S.) LOL

Voltron
February 8th, 2006, 05:50
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a lot of long hard time-consuming work. I can't express how much I appreciate coders like PSmonkey. Truly wonderful contribution to the scene.

shiftybill
February 8th, 2006, 06:16
woohoo let the good times roll on!!

.:PSP1.0:.
February 8th, 2006, 09:25
Keep up the good work PSmonkey.. May the force be with you.. lol :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 8th, 2006, 14:58
Hey PSP MONKEY nice of you to keep us posted sounds fascinating work dude keep up the hard work now the gateshave been opened let the N64 come forth..

plutox
February 8th, 2006, 15:47
keep pluggin away at this take your time, and screw anyone that tells you hurry up. Go at your own pace i know as programmer myself it take time,and like you said Rome wasn't build in a day

Peace
Plutonium X

xavpsp
February 8th, 2006, 16:55
rohff ca dechir ca fé zizir