PDA

View Full Version : LEGO MMO Will Eventually Come To Consoles

wraggster
February 17th, 2009, 22:35
The project lead on “LEGO Universe” talked about the company’s plans on developing the game for consoles. He also said that although the LEGO MMO won’t be out this year, we can expect other LEGO titles in the interim.

oday, the LEGO Group announced their “strategic decision” to delay their LEGO MMO until after 2009 so as to not conflict with the release of other LEGO toy products. I also got a chance to speak with LEGO’s Director of Business Development and “LEGO Universe” Project Lead Mark Hansen about console development and what other things the company has up its sleeve. Here’s the rest of my interview from earlier today.
MTV Multiplayer: Are you concerned about too many LEGO games flooding the market, particularly with the successful TT Games offerings like “LEGO Star Wars,” “LEGO Indiana Jones” and “LEGO Batman”?
LEGO’s Mark Hansen: That’s a very valid question, and it’s definitely a portfolio management thing. It is about the spread, when to bring them out. But I think for ‘Lego Universe,’ [it's] not so much that, because I think it’ll be around for 10-plus years. And we don’t view it as, ‘Okay, if a game comes out we can’t launch another video game.’ It’s more about the physical product we have right now and how much market focus and how much other campaigns that we have thriving right now, and how much market conflict do we create with our main business. We think that ‘Lego Universe’ is a very strong offering and we want to have a window where we really push that product when we launch it.

more --> http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/17/lego-mmo-will-eventually-come-to-consoles/#more-19636