PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Maker 2000 games on PSP?

NeoXCS
February 8th, 2006, 01:09
I think it would be cool if someone could create a homebrew that would allow you to play RM2K games. Rpg Maker games being runable on the PSP would open up the doors to many people to make games that normally wouldnt be able to. You would need to make an eboot to replace the RPG_RT.exe. All the RPG_RT.exe's are the same (except specially edited ones) so it would be like the loader for windows. So an eboot that does things to the same effect could replace it. As a non-coder (well low level coder) I couldn't do this but maybe someone else could. :D

jwilds73
February 8th, 2006, 02:00
Your talking about the a PC version of RPG Maker right? I own the PS and PS2 versions of these games (I even have a dex drive for copying old PS memory cards to the computer and net) but not the PC version. Another cool little RPG making program is Kyle's Quest for the Palm it came with a playable game and the utilities to make your own.

NeoXCS
February 8th, 2006, 21:38
Yes, of course I'm talking about the PC version. :) I think it would be a great addition to the homebrew for the PSP. It would add in loads of games you could play as well as a way for non-coders to join the game making action. :D I hope a coder considers this idea.

shadow-evillink
February 10th, 2006, 07:26
I agree.

NeoXCS
February 13th, 2006, 20:37
I'm not trying to be a pest but I'm just gonna post to bump the topic once more. But seriously, would any coders out consider this idea? If you're a coder and thinks this is a good idea and would like to try and create a homebrew for this, post here. Thanks! :D

Aruzo
February 17th, 2006, 22:46
HEH I have RPG Maker SNES Rom so i can make my games already...

feedback_bsr
February 18th, 2006, 05:55
You'd need the original source code for this to work though.

Aruzo
February 18th, 2006, 19:10
i just got a RPG Maker thou on my PSP so i make my own games...

one winged angel
February 18th, 2006, 20:29
how?????

shadow-evillink
February 19th, 2006, 01:31
i just got a RPG Maker thou on my PSP so i make my own games...
Come again? In english this time.

michael jackson
February 19th, 2006, 01:42
if he's not talking about snes rpg maker he just posted to bug you guys

as for rpg maker other than snes dont get your hopes up, itd require as much if not more coding than that n64 emulator

if its even possible

NeoXCS
February 22nd, 2006, 23:49
The snes one isn't even worth a look. It would be so nice to play Legion Saga on my psp. :D How do you know that it would take more code then the n64 emulator? I dont think the maker should run on the psp just the made games anyway. You can make them on pc if you wanna do that. There should be a source for the RPG_RT.exe file somewhere. I've seen ones that were messed around with.