PDA

View Full Version : Convert OGM files for the PSP

Kaiser
February 8th, 2006, 01:55
Dogstar has wrote a great guide for getting those annoying ogm files on to PSP. If your in to Anime like me then this is a useful little thing to read up on. Almost 90% of Anime I come across is in OGM format which is a lot harder to convert then your standard AVI file.

Check the guide at this forum topic---->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85532#post85532

PSPdemon
February 8th, 2006, 02:00
this guide is very helpful...i would definately recommend it!!!

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

psp4me
February 8th, 2006, 09:35
I know this sounds a bit daft but,
I have every simpsons episode in ogm format, what I do is just change the .ogm at the end of the file to .avi and the Xillsoft psp convertor converts it just like an avi.

AcerVenutra
February 8th, 2006, 15:12
I know this sounds a bit daft but,
I have every simpsons episode in ogm format, what I do is just change the .ogm at the end of the file to .avi and the Xillsoft psp convertor converts it just like an avi.

Not daft, this will work with some converters that play the avi through an external resource (like windowsmedia) and caputure it. But this only works if your system resources are already configured to playback OGM. The results will be unpredicatable, however, when using Anime that contains mutiple audio streams in Japanese and English. Usually it will record the first stream, whatever language it is.

The same goes for MKV files, if you have MKV properly installed on your system, you can rename the .mkv to .avi and it will still play through some applications.