PDA

View Full Version : Syphon Filter 5 In Development?

wraggster
February 18th, 2009, 21:32
Could there be a brand new adventure for Gabe Logan and Lian Xing? News on Sony's espionage action franchise hasn't been coming from Sony Bend, and previous questions that we've asked about any additional sequels for the series since the explosive end of Logan's Shadow on the PSP have gone unanswered. But now, according to a posting on QJ.Net, there could be some new progress on the horizon. According to the article, two separate posts online indicate that the latest Syphon Filter title is currently being worked on at the Oregon Studio.

The first piece of evidence came from a posting on the SCEA Job site, which listed an opening for a Senior Game Tools Programmer at Bend'd Oregon studio. While the basics of the job seemed rather standard for the position, such as maintaining the production tool chain, developing new technology and building tools with scripting languages, one of the elements of the job listed that PS3 or Xbox 360 experience was required of all applicants. The second, and perhaps more interesting evidence, was that PCB Productions, a digital content creation company, listed that it had completed Facial Mo-cap for Syphon Filter 5 for the PlayStation 3 and noted Sony Bend in its credits section.

Could these be coincidences, or could this actually be confirmation that Syphon Filter 5 is being worked on? We contacted SCEA but did not receive an answer at the time this article was written. If we find out any news on Syphon Filter 5, we'll let you know.

*UPDATE*: Since our publication of the above news piece, we managed to speak to a representative of SCEA, who stated that, "SCEA hasn't made any announcements regarding a new Syphon Filter title.""

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/954/954707p1.html

Ultima Chocochu
February 20th, 2009, 06:30
Hmm, I'd love a new Syphon Filter
I've only played a demo of the first PSP version, but I've played/beate the first two original titles and still love them.