PDA

View Full Version : The IdolM@ster SP: Comes with Firmware 5.05; Unplayable on Custom Firmwares

wraggster
February 18th, 2009, 22:00
News via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/02/18/idolmaster-sp-comes-with-firmware-505-unplayable-on-custom-firmwares/)

Update: I can personally confirm “The IdolM@ster SP” does not boot on custom firmware 5.00 M33. It errors out with the following, “The game could not be started. (80020148).”

Furthermore, after doing a little research, it’s rumoured The Idolmaster SP will feature unlockable “PlayStation Home Rewards.” It’s likely 5.05 may accommodate that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh… Apparently this new PSP title, The Idolmaster SP, comes bundled with PSP firmware version 5.05, and not only that, you absolutely need 5.05 to run it. It’s been reported, even with spoofing your firmware version, that for the moment Idolmaster SP does not work on any custom firmwares. So that begs the question: what’s up with firmware 5.05?

To quote Mr. Anonymous –

The series of THE iDOLM@STER SP games (japanese), released today but leaked earlier, comes with a new and neat 5.05 update that is pretty much required for the game to run, or, at least, does not work on any existing CFW at the time. Spoofing the version through version.txt seemingly doesn’t work, either.

vietboy321
February 18th, 2009, 22:54
Bring In DA

^_^

Sterist
February 18th, 2009, 23:23
who hired the noob monkey who wrote the original article?

oooooh wow! it gives a wrong kernel error! maybe we should turn our backs to the fact that new functions were added to the kernel that the game needs to run and make some news post that it doesnt run on an older kernel!

effing wetodd´s

kyyubidx
February 18th, 2009, 23:24
Does that mean PSP trophies are only going to be acessible thru the PS3 Home? It's a little sad...

osgeld
February 19th, 2009, 00:31
oh and drat, i really wanted to spend hours on end with a fake underage schoolgirl

sedkiller
February 19th, 2009, 01:14
Anyone tryed it with the 5.05 Gen version ??

mike_jmg
February 19th, 2009, 05:44
Same old problem we used to have

Come on DAX, do the magic

not here anymore
February 21st, 2009, 20:33
What about using 5.05 version.txt?

Ultima Chocochu
February 22nd, 2009, 00:12
Well the Phantasy Star demo won't start for me, and it's a recent demo, so I dunno if that is anyway connected at all but it's strange because old demo's worked.

Paris/Tokyo
February 27th, 2009, 05:10
I've been playing the Phantasy Star demo on 5.00M33-4. Try disabling the Game plugins in the recovery menu.