PDA

View Full Version : Psp-pc Mp

AcerVenutra
February 8th, 2006, 16:05
The answer is probably no, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are there any multiplayer games that are cross-platform playable between PSP and PC?

ie: doom, quake, etc.

A direct port should be using the same format for infrastructure communication between players, no?

cswindle
February 8th, 2006, 19:48
The answer is probably no, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are there any multiplayer games that are cross-platform playable between PSP and PC?

ie: doom, quake, etc.

A direct port should be using the same format for infrastructure communication between players, no?I added infrastructure mode to Peter Mackay's Quake port, this version is able to play PC -> PSP (and PSP-PSP), at the moment it does not have OSK so it is a pain to connect to players over the internet, but it does work on a local LAN. I am currently merging my code changes into Peters latest version, which I have added OSK and sorted out a few bugs in DNS lookups, so hopefully we will release a new version once we have finished combining and testing the merged version.

I have also got a first version of QuakeWorld working that is able to connect to external servers, but I want to sort out merging Quake first, then merge the changes into QuakeWorld before releasing an initial version.

Here is the link to the Quake thread:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17964&page=1&pp=10&highlight=quake

Chris