PDA

View Full Version : Cydia, Mozilla, Skype and Others Join EFF in Jailbreak Fight

wraggster
February 19th, 2009, 22:52
All three have filed comments with the U.S. Copyright office supporting the Electronic Frontier Foundation's request for an exemption to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act who's goal is to allow Jailbreakers to not have any fear of possible legal Jailbreaking ramifications even though Apple claims that Jailbreaking is illegal.

Mozilla

In an interview with Computer World Mozilla CEO John Lilly said "This is not us criticizing Apple," and then "But it's the principle of the thing. Choice is good for users, and choice shouldn't be criminalized. The Internet is too important for all of us for that."

Mozilla General Counsel Harvey Anderson are quoted saying "Given the choice, would we work on a platform where the sole company controlling it makes us unwelcome, or would we work on a platform, like Linux, where we are welcome? The answer is going to be easy for us," continuing with "These devices..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/503731-cydia-mozilla-skype-others-join-eff-jailbreak-fight.html

Triv1um
February 19th, 2009, 23:24
I didn't think it was illegal to be honest.

I love my jailbroken iPod Touch 2nd Gen. :D