PDA

View Full Version : Pandora battery is not working on my Japanese PSP slim/light

hautegirl
February 20th, 2009, 04:46
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have the PSP-2000 Slim Rose model, and want to know if the Pandora's battery works with it. If so, what do I have to do (or what buttons do I press) for it to work?

More info:

-I just bought it last week from an import store in Calif.
-1st four of serial HJ54
-The serial on the bottom starts with 03-27
-OFW: 4.01
-uses "O" to select, instead of "X"
-I also tried the battery/memory card in a U.S. PSP 2001 (that starts with AB01), and the screen turned on with firmware options (after pressing L button).
-Without pressing any buttons, the power light stays green (w/ a black screen) on the rose psp 2000, and on the psp 2001 (U.S.), the green light disappears after a few seconds.

Here's a link to a video with a guy with the same model installing the software:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bAWfOQ31z8

Please help. :confused:

Wally
February 20th, 2009, 09:09
PSP with OFW Firmware 4.01 is not supported for Pandora Battery.

I suggest trying to find a copy of Gripshit or waiting for Pandora Battery to be supported. (Could be a while)

hautegirl
February 20th, 2009, 15:13
PSP with OFW Firmware 4.01 is not supported for Pandora Battery.

I suggest trying to find a copy of Gripshit or waiting for Pandora Battery to be supported. (Could be a while)
What is Gripshit, and what does it do?

Also, can you tell me why 4.01 isn't supported, and how long do you think it will take for 4.01 to be supported? Do you know if someone is working on it?

SifJar
February 22nd, 2009, 15:30
GripShift is a game which was recently exploited to run homebrew, but atm its very basic. In time there should hopefully be a HEN (Homebrew ENabler), but not yet. As for why 4.01 is not supported, that isn't technically true, its the motherboard in ur psp has pandora batteries blocked. But we know because the PSPs with Pandora blocking mobos come shipped with 4.01. Perhaps someone will manage to hack the Pandora battery to work with this mobo, but not yet. Also GripShift isn't much good yet with only about 5 really basic games, and nothing else, but it should develop soon into something better.