PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help with this psp-gps thing

aka_mikey
February 21st, 2009, 07:05
okay guys i really need help I can't seem to get my gps to work properly, I have a first gen psp with mapthis on it.

I am running 5.00 M33-6
I have a Japanese Version of PSP-290
and i am running mapthis 520

I have installed mapthis in to my F:\PSP\GAME drive it loads up fine and I can read the map but the GPS doesn't locate where i am at, when i turn on the gps and check the info it shows 3 satellite and i have check the config i set fakegps to 0 can anyone help me out to setup my gps so it will show where i am at?

do i have to place the mapview folder else where or do I have to downgrade my psp or do i have to do something to the config? can some one please help me out thanks in advance.

fischauge
February 21st, 2009, 15:29
Well gps sate is on cuz you find satellites. I hop you are not trying to get a fix inside a building. Go outside to a place where no high buildings are and no trees. You just need to wait until u get a fix. It takes quite a time sometimes, so be patient.

aka_mikey
February 22nd, 2009, 04:37
I try that i was outside i can get the satellites feed 3 of them to be exact but the little triangle is not at where i am so i don't know how to get that working.

binhusc
February 22nd, 2009, 13:33
mikey... where you are you can find how many satellites without fixing? And how many satellites you can get fixed? Where I live I could get even 6 at same time.

This looks like the satellites wasn't fixing at all. When the info says me that the satellites are fixed, I start to get my position show in the map.

*note that you have to get out this info window to see this

jimmifoo
March 18th, 2009, 07:00
I have the same problem too. Well, that is because I am in china. There looks like there is a significant in google maps.