PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet, Rock Band, Assassin's Creed, MotorStorm, Coming to PSP

Darksaviour69
February 24th, 2009, 17:26
Hot from this week's annual Destination Playstation meeting comes news of LittleBigPlanet, Rock Band and Assassin's Creed for the Playstation Portable.

Rock Band Unplugged will include Wi-Fi support and a "fully-featured in-game store" for downloadable content in the North American and Europeans markets.

This fall will see the release of MotorStorm Arctic Edge and LittleBigPlanet for the PSP. These titles will be built from the ground up for PSP:

LittleBigPlanet — Developed in conjunction with MediaMolecule, the critically acclaimed game LittleBigPlanet makes its way to the PSP, offering new SackBoy(TM) adventures with the same play, create, share experience for gamers on-the-go, in addition to brand new levels and environments specifically created for the platform.

MotorStorm Arctic Edge — Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

Madden NFL 10 will enable NFL fans to build their own formations and plays from scratch on the PSP. Then, through connectivity with the PS3, the plays can be downloaded and perfected on the console. In addition, Madden NFL 10 will deliver a faster and more "PSP-friendly" gameplay experience to adapt to the PSP owner's lifestyle.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR10 will allow gamers to experience the drama of major golf tournaments with revamped gameplay modes for on and offline play.

Square Enix's DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, which has sold 850,000 units since launching before the holidays in Japan, will make its way to North America this summer.

Ubisoft will also be dropping a line of Petz software on the PSP later this year. The Petz series allows young players to create and care for pets chosen from many different breeds of dogs, cats, horses, hamsters, dolphins, tigers and bunnies.

All we know about Assassin's Creed for the PSP is that Ubisoft will debut an exclusive instalment of the franchise later this year.

Source: kotaku.com (http://kotaku.com/5159408/littlebigplanet-rock-band-assassins-creed-coming-to-psp)

and who said the PSP was dead?

DPyro
February 24th, 2009, 17:48
How will Rock Band for PSP work?

Thomly
February 24th, 2009, 18:08
How will Rock Band for PSP work?

Hopefully something like DJMax Portable,

That game was great, difficult to master though.

jxx2005
February 24th, 2009, 18:35
i'm super excited now

fpcreator2000
February 24th, 2009, 18:48
Little Big Planet and Final Fantasy Dissidia, thank you!

Eviltaco64
February 24th, 2009, 19:16
Great news! :)

devdj
February 24th, 2009, 19:16
its about damn time those games came to the psp i been waiting forever for the likes of assassin's creed and little big planet to be on psp i just hope AC is like console game and not some shitty ds port

kyyubidx
February 24th, 2009, 19:50
**** YEAH! It's about time we have something to be excited about...

Persona has been confirmed too for this year BTW

wraggster
February 24th, 2009, 19:53
some bloody great games there :)

although littlebigplanet doesnt interest me :P

Nokiaman
February 24th, 2009, 20:08
woot Assassins creed.I loved that game on PC

darkriku2000
February 24th, 2009, 20:20
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

PoorKingz
February 24th, 2009, 20:32
PSP gets an adrenaline boost. Thought Resistance would be the last major title.

jxx2005
February 24th, 2009, 21:09
super stoked about all of those

Ultima Chocochu
February 24th, 2009, 21:28
This year I'm serious anticipating quite a few PSP games, which is something I'd like to do more often to be honest.
I think Rock Band would be done how I imagined Guitar Hero(at least for a guitar), you could plug a mini-guitar through the top port.

But I'm waiting mostly for the Final Fantasy titles for it, but it's great knowing we've a LBP and a Motorstorm AND more coming soon.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget about the Kingdom Hearts game for anyone whom cares.

mike_jmg
February 24th, 2009, 22:43
HELL YEAHHHH!!!!!!

Bring in the games

Wally
February 24th, 2009, 23:01
About bloody time someone made the PSP what its best for.

I expect CFW blocking stuff though *bastards*

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2009, 00:08
I'm so proud to be a portable gamer this year.

Psp has sooooo many amazing games comming out:

Kingdom hearts: birth by sleep
Dissida: final fantasy
Final fantasy agito XIII
Phantasy Star Portable
Resistance: Retribution
LittleBigPlanet
RockBand
Motorstorm
Assassins Creed

Just to name a few...

The psp surely has an exciting year up ahead

No_one_in_particular
February 25th, 2009, 00:46
Truly brilliant news. :D Who'd have thought a single article would restore my faith in the PSP.

PoorKingz
February 25th, 2009, 02:33
This year
I think Rock Band would be done how I imagined Guitar Hero(at least for a guitar), you could plug a mini-guitar through the top port.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe then people will actually have to buy it instead of getting it off an iso site.

Shadowblind
February 25th, 2009, 04:20
Whoo! Assasin's Creed and LittlBigPlanet are great news. I'd actually rather the PSP get some new IPs from the same devs then spins of HD games, but heck, its something.

kurtless
February 25th, 2009, 07:55
You know, I would like bust a groove on the psp, I liked that game :D

staticshade
February 26th, 2009, 00:46
lets just hope the game pirates give them a break, come on pirates sony is answering the call and bringing some first party as well as core game titles to the table

resistance
motorstorm
rockband
lbp
ubisofts a creed
persona
level 5 is outputing some seriously sexy rpgs as well this year

so if you do one good thing this year game pirates its go out and buy at least 2 of these games
lol!