PDA

View Full Version : PSPAR to CWCheat Converter 0.10

wraggster
February 24th, 2009, 20:56
News/release from Raing3 (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=147479)

I was originally going to post this on the CWCheat forums but I am still waiting for my account to be activated so I can post therefore I am posting it here. I'm hoping I can get some help.

Ok, don't expect much from this at the momment, I only bothered starting this because no-one else has done it yet and many of the PSPAR cheats are not available in the CWCheat database.
Basically it can only convert "some" standard 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit type cheats to CWCheat format. I'm releasing this now because I have very little idea of how to fix the issues I am having. If you think you can help please post any information here.

Please DON'T post a list of cheats which don't work as I can quite easily see which cheats don't work and until it can convert the cheats better I DON'T care about reports of cheats which don't work. Also when you do convert the cheats you must place the PSPAR code file in the root of the Memory Stick and call it "pspar_codes1.bin". The difference between conversion mode 1 and 2 is that mode 1 will try to convert the addresses and values if needed to CWCheat format and save the file to "ms0:/cheats.txt". Whereas mode 2 will simply dump the addresses and values as they are written in the original PSPAR code file to "ms0:/cheats_nomod.txt".

Since I am unable to solve these issues further releases will be unlikely unless I can get some help fixing the issues which I am having.

What is planned in future releases (if I can get help fixing the big issues):
- Fixing all the code conversion issues (I need a lot of help here)
- Adding conversion to NitePR format
- A PC conversion tool
- Adding conversion of CWCheat format to PSPAR format (If I can figure out how the hash is calculated and where it is stored in the unknown bits of the PSPAR code file)
- Maybe I could also add support for conversion between as many cheat formats as possible (I'm not too sure about this one cause it will probably take some time)

What I can currently do:
- Understand about 98% of the PSPAR cheat file format.
- Convert 13 different controller handling PSPAR codes to CWCheat format (I know this sounds weird but I am pretty sure they are all controller codes and I think there may be more).
- Convert the Game ID and Game Name to CWCheat format.
- convert "some" of the standard cheats (cheats which don't use DMA/RLE/other stuff I don't know about)

What I can't do:
- I'm not 100% sure of the CWCheat database format.
- Convert DMA cheats from PSPAR format to CWCheat format.
- Convert RLE compressed cheat from PSPAR format to CWCheat format.
- Convert other format codes to CWCheat format.
- Convert any remaining standard codes to CWCheat format.
- Convert any remaining controller type codes to CWCheat format.
- Remove codes which are unneeded (if their are any, which I'm pretty sure there are)
- Fixing of any other issues with the code database.

The current version of the program along with a few research notes can be downloaded from here. The PSP Action Replay code file can be downloaded from www.pspar.com.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments