PDA

View Full Version : San Andreas PSP Listing The Result Of Retailer Daydreaming

wraggster
February 24th, 2009, 23:36
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2009/02/thumb160x_sananstories_01.jpg

You may have seen today a retail listing for a PSP game called San Andreas Stories. It's even got box art. Pity, then, it's all the result of the result of some wishful thinking.

The listing in question was spotted on the website of British retailer HMV. As you can see right here, it says "Grand Theft Auto (Gta): San Andreas Stories", and there's a tiny picture of some box art for the game.

But look closely at the box art. It's recycling art from the cover of the original San Andreas, something Rockstar never do when it comes to the handheld versions of their GTA game worlds. And if you're still not convinced that makes the listing bogus, click the little tab on the website that takes you to "description".

There you'll see the listing was in fact created in HMV's system in 2007. And you'll also see HMV's staff writing:

With San Andreas the only city in the GTA universe yet receive the Stories treatment, we wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar eventually end up bringing out 'San Andreas Stories' on PSP and/or PS2. There's no word from the developers about the game at this stage, but if you sign up by clicking the above link, we'll get in touch with you the second that the game is available to pre-order. If it ever does come out, that is.

Doesn't mean a San Andreas PSP game won't ever come out, just...this isn't it. Not this, not now. Nothing to see here, people, move along, move along!

http://kotaku.com/5159223/san-andreas-psp-listing-the-result-of-retailer-daydreaming

osgeld
February 25th, 2009, 00:50
as much as i would like to see it, i kinda doubt it will happen, now that ive seen the pc port of gta 4, i firmly believe that rockstar has officially sniffed 1 too many tubes of airplane glue and has turned into a sonic team

apex05
February 25th, 2009, 01:17
I've seen a dozen of these mis-listings and it's very rare it's a genuine error, they get a lot of publicity from these "mistakes" so you just have to be sceptical

PoorKingz
February 25th, 2009, 02:27
as much as i would like to see it, i kinda doubt it will happen, now that ive seen the pc port of gta 4, i firmly believe that rockstar has officially sniffed 1 too many tubes of airplane glue and has turned into a sonic team

What's wrong with Sonic Team? SA2 Ftw.

Mew
February 25th, 2009, 09:40
What's wrong with Sonic Team? SA2 Ftw.

everything after SA2 isn't good as everything was from them before (like RARE.... :[ )

Darksaviour69
February 25th, 2009, 10:31
I think for me SA > SA 2

I'm just hoping that sonic team will come back to form.... some day......

Nokiaman
February 25th, 2009, 15:35
San Andreas Stories would be epic :(

pspandrew2006
February 26th, 2009, 01:32
Darn would have been nice to see that game but oh well maybe someday.