PDA

View Full Version : Reeves uncertain over PS3's 10-year lifespan

wraggster
February 25th, 2009, 20:39
SCEE boss David Reeves has expressed uncertainty over the PS3's proposed 10-year-life span

During an interview in an upcoming issue of Play magazine, Reeves said Nintendo and Microsoft will have new models on the market before Sony would, but that he doesn't know whether the PS3's lifespan will be "eight, nine, or ten years."

"The competition will have new models on the market by the end of the PS3," commented Reeves. "I have no doubt and we’ll have to be fast on our feet.....I don’t know whether the PS3 lifespan will be eight, nine or ten years"

“I don't know whether the PS3's lifespan will be eight, nine, or ten years”
However, Reeves added that the PS4 is not yet "on the horizon".

It was only last month that SCE president Kaz Hirai reiterated Sony's firm commitment to hold back on the PS3's successor for 10 years.

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/218/reeves-uncertain-over-ps3s-10-year-lifespan

F9zDark
February 27th, 2009, 04:19
Wah?

You know I always thought the 10 year life span was merely a statement of how long Sony and game companies would SUPPORT the PS3; not an actual number as to how many years we would be waiting for PS4....

Eviltaco64
February 27th, 2009, 19:48
Wah?

You know I always thought the 10 year life span was merely a statement of how long Sony and game companies would SUPPORT the PS3; not an actual number as to how many years we would be waiting for PS4....

Same here. I thought it would be supported for 10 years like it's predecessors.