PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus Rev 306 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
February 25th, 2009, 22:04
http://www.youtube.com/v/elGj5Z7gkuk

This is a unnofficial release compiled from the svn, no details as to whats new but some testers are saying that Mario 64 works almost at full speed with 1 frame skip and sound set to asynchron.

Edit by Wally - DaedalusX64 Beta 2 is coming soon, please wait until then thanks (this build is not stable)

Give Feedback Via Comments

theotherfreakyguy
February 25th, 2009, 22:31
Epic! I have rev 293, are there any advantages in this version (I'm on the PSP Phat, by the way. :( No Extended RAM for me. ) I'm already happy with Mario 64, but do you know if any other games work well?

pspmodel1001
February 25th, 2009, 23:47
Cant wait till beta 2 comes out but I'll have fun with this for now, Thanks.

mike_jmg
February 25th, 2009, 23:52
wow, thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try

malgora
February 26th, 2009, 00:49
OMFG this guy was funny as .. lol i couldnt stop laughing .. .lol .. besides the point lol.

kenny789
February 26th, 2009, 00:52
I just tried this.
Legend of Zelda:OOT runs about 28/60 without sound and with frameskip at 2

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2009, 02:27
It honestly doesn't look any different than x64.

fpcreator2000
February 26th, 2009, 02:51
- Star Fox 64 plays beautifully at 1 frame skip and asyncronous audio (audio is a little choppy).
- Mario Kart 64 is faster but still choppy.
- Blast Corps (stays black for a long time, then shows N64 logo and Rare logo, then the screen stays black).
- Extreme G (black screen).
- F-Zero X (black screen).
- Extreme G2 (game is loading, the memory card light responds to button presses, but the screen is black).
- Smash Brothers (fast enough to play but still slow).
- Mischief Makers ( takes a second to load, glichy graphics, choppy sound but a great improvement, the directional controls are not responding, except when the PSP d-pad is double tapped).
- Winback: Covert Operations ( game loads and freezes at a black screen after Koei logo fades).
- Paper Mario (takes a second to load, glichty graphics, freezes after creating and selecting a record).
- Bomberman 64 (Loads after a debug message at the top of the screen, the background graphics are black, and the graphics are glitchy, when the game loads, it seems that the map loads but the screen turns black while you hear choppy sound).

Would love to try more, but have no time at the moment.

rokobungi
February 26th, 2009, 03:49
I enjoyed the bit where he said 'start the immolation' I was thinking is he going to burn the psp?

Wally
February 26th, 2009, 04:10
Well wraggster, Beta 2 is coming out soon ^_^

I'd recommend that people post all bugs to www.spiffup.org/bugtrack

Could you please PM me who sent you this, its not ready for release mate and thats a debug build also if possible remove the link (i'd do it but yeah you'd kill me :P )

andwhyisit
February 26th, 2009, 05:21
Yeah, I would second that.

The root of the problem seems to be here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDee2YYtBU

You appear to have a leak or something, though I am confused about the whole situation.

mungrin
February 26th, 2009, 05:33
uh oh.......I never thought N64 would be smooth on a PSP.

Wally
February 26th, 2009, 11:36
People can compile their own builds but are not really supposed to release them as it takes any direct traffic from us.

Mainly this is to avoid any confusion and flaming on our behalf.

So in this scenario, I have removed the build as I did ask wraggster nicely. (QJ removed it on my request)

People can build it themselves via the Subversion.

I don't mind releases but not this close to a new Beta.

Also we are within our rights to remove this as there was no GPL license info or other relevant documentation.

AdamRav
February 26th, 2009, 12:51
I'm going to wait for that beta 2 to come out

thanks for the heads up Wally

zxxxy18
February 26th, 2009, 13:19
I wonder... Will starcfart work?

Nokiaman
February 26th, 2009, 14:44
Yeah, I would second that.

The root of the problem seems to be here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDee2YYtBU

You appear to have a leak or something, though I am confused about the whole situation.

Yipee.Thanks ^^

chrusti
February 26th, 2009, 16:39
I am glad you guys enjoyed my video~
Feel free to subscribe (http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=shallowlife) and to watch the other videos! Like Super Smash Bros. !

okhulto
February 26th, 2009, 21:50
Lindo tudo isso, em breve tenho certeza que estará 100%

andwhyisit
February 27th, 2009, 02:52
Yipee.Thanks ^^
If that was the sound of you using the link to download early builds then f**k you.

wiredforpower
February 27th, 2009, 17:20
honestly watching the video in itself should be a post. The guy's comments while playing the psp are funny.