PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch could halt PSP resurgence

wraggster
February 25th, 2009, 22:30
Analyst predicts that "iPod Touch could be final nail in PSP's coffin"

Sony’s surprise announcement of a number of big-hitting PSP titles yesterday proves that it remains firmly committed to its portable platform – but one analyst has said that Apple could yet prove to be a fatal thorn in Sony’s side.

Speaking to MCV’s sister site CasualGaming.biz today, Game Brief’s Nicholas Lovell stated: “The iPod Touch is rapidly becoming the portable media player of choice amongst a younger audience, exactly the place that Sony wanted to be with the PSP.

“But the iPod doesn’t have expensive processors or a unique format disc like the UMD; it is an easy-to-use device that offers consumers their music, podcasts, short-form video and accessible games on the move and in my opinion, will be the final nail in the PSP’s coffin.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33362/iPhone-could-halt-PSP-resurgence

apex05
February 25th, 2009, 22:59
The problem is most Ipod owners don't know or just don't care about homebrew or hacking, so they stupidly willing to pay £5 for something we get for free, it's the fact that we just too clever for our own goods that will kill the Psp

mike_jmg
February 25th, 2009, 23:49
How is the Ipod touch a thread for the psp??

Ipod touch doesn't play psp games

And for that kind of asumptions any mobile phone with a media player and a decent memory card support can kill the ipod touch

Mine currently has support up to 16Gb, it's far less expensive, it's also a cellphone, and all I need is to put the songs from my computer, for free. Bye bye Ipod touch

meh!

osgeld
February 26th, 2009, 00:19
nevermind the touch has been around for a little while now and has not done anything to the psp

next! breaking news! apple starts using intel cpu's, final death blow to pc?

staticshade
February 26th, 2009, 00:32
lol whoever uses the ipod touch/iphone as their on the move gaming machine is a tool.

there are no buttons and my opinion no matter how tilt sensitive your games get you still need buttons for good games even nintendo didn't make that stupid mistake

pspandrew2006
February 26th, 2009, 01:27
I do not think the iPod touch will kill the PSP.

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2009, 02:18
I use my itouch for music.
But in terms of gaming!?! Ipod Touch games are barely better than cell phone games.
They're pick up and play for 5 minutes while waiting in line games.

PSP games are completely different. They're play for hours on end kind of games.
They're great games and Considering the PSP2 is already in development, It's certainly not going to die.

The problem is most Ipod owners don't know or just don't care about homebrew or hacking, so they stupidly willing to pay £5 for something we get for free, it's the fact that we just too clever for our own goods that will kill the Psp

...Not all of us are like you.
I buy games all the time. I also have looked into jailbreaking my itouch and decided against it as most of the benefit is only in piracy.