http://www.youtube.com/v/rHFOk90WZxc

ahman has posted that the release is coming soon

Jinx1337
February 27th, 2009, 00:04
Holy crap, that is AWESOME!

2 apps at once!

comcena
February 27th, 2009, 02:38
Great stuff!! Now my PS3 has another reason to stay put and collect dust.

Kingsley
February 27th, 2009, 03:07
Definitely looking forward to this :thumbup:

Is it because the PSP Slim's have double the RAM? and its the only model that can handle it? :rolleyes:

sedkiller
February 27th, 2009, 04:16
"Yes that's why....." HOLY $HIT irShell doing multi-task !!! iRShell is already full of cool stuff and yet they add more options like these that are uber cool !!! Need more updates. ahman should really continue working on this shell even tought he "left" the scene.

osgeld
February 27th, 2009, 04:26
Definitely looking forward to this :thumbup:

Is it because the PSP Slim's have double the RAM? and its the only model that can handle it? :rolleyes:

its the slims extra ram that allows this cool feature

btw the official discussion thread here (http://irshell.org/site/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=10&id=15917#15917)

mike_jmg
February 27th, 2009, 04:47
So it's the ram and not the processor, still how would that translate into battery life?

sorry phat enthusiasts

dejkirkby
February 27th, 2009, 06:48
Now that was impressive.

dangee
February 27th, 2009, 11:37
The Web Browser works much better as a multi task - no need to
reboot & deboot all the time.
Operating Dosbox thru a concurrent .BAT Editor is also now possible.

Thx Ahman for keeping your legendary app alive.
Hope it'll run on a 3k soon

vitorgatti
February 27th, 2009, 11:48
whoa... that's some awesome feature! finally I will be able to see FAQs and play the game at the same time!

yakumo
February 27th, 2009, 15:30
I think this is one of the best things in the homebrew scene. But I wonder, how will affect to battery life?

osgeld
February 27th, 2009, 15:52
i dont know how it effects battery life, since i dont have a slim

but i would guess that the psp slim is not switching off power to the extra ram when its not needed

therefore it wouldnt effect battery life

b_simpson1999
February 27th, 2009, 16:25
thats so funny i dont see the reason for muti apping apart from reading a text file walkthough or html walkthrough of the game ur playing but no help if ur tring to play jellocar and go on the internet at the same time switching between them and going out of bounds when u get bk to jellocar lol i dont have a slim yet anyway so its not going to change much for me but i still think they should make a irshell custom firmware lol

wiredforpower
February 27th, 2009, 17:11
This is insane! Once again, coders have done it better than sony.

AdamRav
February 27th, 2009, 17:21
Thats cool

Very cool

lol

Shame i don't have a slim though

yakumo
February 28th, 2009, 09:19
thats so funny i dont see the reason for muti apping apart from reading a text file walkthough or html walkthrough of the game ur playing but no help if ur tring to play jellocar and go on the internet at the same time switching between them and going out of bounds when u get bk to jellocar lol i dont have a slim yet anyway so its not going to change much for me but i still think they should make a irshell custom firmware lol

Yes, it has sense, at leas for me. I normally play games and put PSP to sleep in order to get back just when I was, to avoid every time the Sony Load Logo, the games intro, the games load, the savegame load, and some times moving to the point where I was. But imagine that one day I don't want to play the game because I am not "inspired", so I want to listen to music, or watch a video using psptube. That means exit the game. Arggg! I am to lazy to just repeat all the steps. Or for example, you want to show a new homebrew to a friend, so you have to exit again the game. Etc. Multitasking is great, no matter the system where it is implemented.